Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am scrapping Squidoo!!!!
    ok what do you think about this idea. I scrap the whole squidoo thing and start using my web design skills to start creating launching pages for my affiliate links. I could get a domain something like topffiliate.com of something like that Don't get caught up on the name that is just the first thing I thought of. Do you think this is a good idea, I just don't like using squidoo but I can make web pages like crazy! I got mad skills! Please any feedback on what I should do would be wonderful! I have a good idea on how to promote my launching pages with friends I have that are into adwords and resources.

thanks
    Later

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Squidoo has its uses.
    Having your own domain is useful too.

Have you considered making a mind-map?

no i haven't I am just fed up with the squidoo lens and don't believe I can get it to look the way I want it. With dreamweaver I have all the control I need and want to just get my own domain too...

i will still keep squidoo lenses but I will push the traffic to my domain....

To be honest, I don't know why anyone would create a Squidoo page for affiliate links - I wouldn't consider that a "website", it's just a page within a community. But I suppose it's free, which makes it attractive.

Go with your domain, for sure. Just remember a real website takes an investment of both time & money.

When I do searches, squidoo sites dont' often show up on the 1st page (but they do occasionally!) use them as feeders to your actual domain.

ok i will get my domain today, and you think it would be a good idea to get this domain for my affiliate landing pages, I will not link my landing pages becuase I don't want the customer to go to something else just my landing page.....

apexaffiliatesolutions.com ????

what do you think?

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I think you should mind-map your ideas. You seem to be bouncing around and not really planning or organizing your thoughts.

First decide what you are going to sell Then decide how you'll organize it. Find the merchants that offer it. Promote it.

Before you spend $$$, take some time mind-mapping, brainstorming, or find some other way to organize and develop your ideas so that your website(s) are useful for visitors.

http and a telephoto
    Asking for *actual* domain opinions here, or anywhere online, is not a good idea. Keep your domains to yourself until you register them.

In general, anything with affiliate in the domain isn't going to get you customers. You want domains that have keywords people search for when shopping. Do you type the word "affiliate" in the search box when you are looking online for shoes? Don't think so
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by silver93350
    ok i will get my domain today, and you think it would be a good idea to get this domain for my affiliate landing pages, I will not link my landing pages becuase I don't want the customer to go to something else just my landing page.....

apexaffiliatesolutions.com ????

what do you think?
    What good is that domain if you are looking to sell to consumers? You need to figure out what the site will be about, what your audience or products/services will be and then find an appropriate domain.

ABW Ambassador
    Good advice. Connie realized she wanted to sell flamingos and flamingo paraphernalia and got an appropriate domain name.

ok so i will rethink my domain, should it me something like such and such solutions does that sound good(not really such and such though)

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Good advice. Connie realized she wanted to sell flamingos and flamingo paraphernalia and got an appropriate domain name.
    Do as I say, not as I do.

any ideas of what I should name it..LOL

Squidoo is great provided you know how to use it properly.

I see squidoo mainly as a source of backlinks to my money website.

You just cannot make someone elses website your primary source of income. And all that great content that you will be giving away for free.

Yes squidoo pages that are well structured rank well with the search engines

But so do traditional websites that have been properly optimized
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by silver93350
    any ideas of what I should name it..LOL
    As I stated above:
    You need to figure out what the site will be about, what your audience or products/services will be and then find an appropriate domain.

you want some good keywords in your domain or at least if someone sees the domain name they might be able to figure out what the site is about.

ok it is going to be a affiliate land site in which I am going to have many many individual landing pages and then maybe a homepage that just say about me and what I offer. The landing pages won't be linked at all so there are no holes in my landing pages.....u think I am on the right track??

ABW Ambassador
    Good keywords or a branding type of domain. I had no idea what Google, Yahoo, Ebay, Amazon, etc were when I first heard of them.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I have no idea what an affiliate land site is.

Silver, you sound like a guy with great ideas. We cannnot tell you what kind of site you should build or what your content should be

The beauty of affiliate or internet marketing is that each webmaster brings his own individuality to the project.

Your choice of niche, site content and site structure can only be dictated by you.

Try looking at other sites in the niche you want to target, you may get some good ideas that way

Good luck
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Search for what you want to sell in Google and then look at the top 10 search results, their site design, and their domain name and come up with your own ideas from there.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Search for what you want to sell in Google and then look at the top 10 search results, their site design, and their domain name and come up with your own ideas from there.

Bingo!!! Good starting point. You'll get it Silver, just think about the product or service niche you are aiming at and go from there. good luck
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

its official BESTQUALITYPRODUCTS .NET belongs to me...look out I am taking over the affiliate world...not really I still need a lot of help
    Last edited by loxly; March 21st, 2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: unlinked url

So much wise advice in this thread! Niche beat me to posting what I was going to, and I think everyone else gave great advice too.

I would suggest using Squidoo pages to point to your domains.

I've been in the domain scene since the late 90s and as a person that leverages a domain portfolio with affiliate offers for a living I'd suggest the following:
    -Get a .com
    -Narrow down to a niche instead of going broad.
    -Get a keyword domain (even if it is a long tail)
    -If you want to promote multiple niches get multiple domains

FWIW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast