Credit Card Affiliates
    Hi,

I've been an NCSReporting affiliate for about a year now with no apps. on a few hundred clicks.

I just signed up for cardoffers.com, and it's very different. You don't have to apply for individual offers, but I was only given 80 or so cards to start with, then create a template, and it's a little confusing.

I'm about a C+ when it comes to PHP, so, I can redesign my site to accommodate this cardoffers feed, but is it going to make a difference?

I guess my question is, if I have no applications in 230 clicks on NCSReporting, am I going to have no applications on cardoffers?
    TIA

I haven't joined any CC affiliates for that reason. I have no idea how they would market with my websites.

I would be interested in hearing from those who are successful with CC affiliates. Do they mainly just do well with business websites or is there a way for success to be had from other niches such as focused travel niches or other subjects?

Here is my testimony and I came here to share it with you.

I signed up with NCSReporting.com mid February 2008 and I sent over 800 QUALIFIED customers to their credit cards offers. 700 to the Chase cards.

Guess what happened? NO SALE - NONE WHATSOEVER. I was kind of pissed because I KNOW that the traffic was good, people interested but unfortunatly it's impossible to see what companies like NCSReporting.com does and how they report the sale.

So I got in contact with the account representative, telling him that I KNOW that something isn't right, I worked with Discover through CJ so I know the ratio/approval.

This dude sent me an email saying that he needs to help me try to get a better conversion. I thought I was dreaming, so I told him that I know that NCSReporting is scamming me and I do not appreciate.

I removed all their links and went to another network. In less than two days, after I sent 90 clicks to the Chase credit cards through this new network, I got one sale.

So for all of you who are with NCS or think about going there, don't. For those who are making money with them, just know that there is A HUGE chance that you are only getting peanuts.

I strongly believe that they don't report all the sales and I would recommand this network to nobody, not even to my worst ennemy. Got it?

I have been scammed and I hate it.

NCSReporting: 700 clicks on the Chase cards = 0 sale
    Other Network: 90 clicks on the Chase cards = 1 sale

Decide for yourself now. I am sick of these companies ripping affiliates off - left and right.

I'm not exactly sticking up for our competitors, as I have heard too many stories from affiliates that are switching over to our network due to what they believe to be fishy practices elsewhere to not believe that occasionally something strange may happen, but in defense of all networks that offer their publishers credit cards; please understand that we can all only enter what the credit card issuers send to us in terms of sales.

We all provide publishers with links, content, our support, and so on (some perhaps more than others), but once that link is clicked on we are somewhat blind to what happens during the application and or approval process. There have been occasions where friends and family of those operating sites that promote credit cards have applied and been approved after clicking through on their links, the sales data for which did not show up, so there is definitely at least a small margin of error in their reporting, which may be the reason that the bounty for such products tends to be so high.

When such errors occur and proof can be provided to us then we do all that we can to verify that the publisher is owed funds in order to compensate them; however, supplying such evidence may be too difficult to provide for some, as it requires copies of the approved card, the first statement, and a copy of the approval letter, and who honestly wants to ask anyone to give them those items? Unfortunately it is what the issuers request as proof in order to issue compensation.

These cases are rare as far as their being reported to me personally, although it does happen from time to time. In several years working for CardOffers.com, instances of this have been reported a handful of times, each of which were due to the issuers not reporting the sale to us and not once because of any internal errors. The same may be true for the other networks that promote credit cards as well.

I have not had instances where thousands of clicks resulted in no sales whatsoever, as reported being the case for other networks in various threads in this forum, but I felt that since the topic was being discussed that I should offer some insight into how these matters are handled here, that we do acknowledge that there is a small percentage of error – which stems from the issuers and their tracking capabilities, and that when proof of such instances are available that we are happy to present such evidence to the issuers in order to have them compensate the publisher.

If anyone has any questions regarding such matters and how they are handled by our network, or any other questions regarding our network, what is required to join, would like help with their account, or advice regarding any websites that are listed within an existing account, please feel free to contact us at partners at cardoffers.com. We are happy to assist, so please contact us. Thank you.
    Last edited by J @ CardOffers.com; March 25th, 2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: didn't include the entire message in the post

Super Cool Affiliate Manager IanBookMan's Avatar
    why is their usually such a delay in reporting?
    does the user have to actually activate the card and then use it?

Hello Ian,

The majority of cards pay-per approved application, while some pay-per application submitted, and others per-activation.

Sales reporting from the issuers has been vastly improved over the past year, and we are receiving reports more frequently, on a much more streamlined schedule, and with faster reporting in terms of the transaction dates being closer to the reporting dates.

All of the issuers that we work with send us sales reports at least once a week, and several report to us several times weekly. A large number of our sales reports from specific issuers contain sales that occurred within the past 48 hours, although I typically advise publishers to wait two weeks for a better understanding of what sales may have occurred.

I do still see from time to time sales come in on reports with transaction dates from 4 - 6 weeks prior to the report being issued, but this is very rare and becoming even less common, and although it does not help a publisher to better manage their campaigns, it is better late then not received.

It is likely worth noting that all of the reports that we receive are entered the day that they are received, and that no sales are withheld to be entered other than the day that the report was received. We are aware that some other networks split their reports and enter them daily, which in some cases has given the illusion that they receive reports more frequently, or that sales from a specific issuer are entered daily, which some publishers feel is better; however, if they realized that we are both receiving a report on a Tuesday, and that we upload the entire batch on that same day while another company takes several days to enter the sales that were received on the same Tuesday, that they are benefited more by having us upload all of their sales reported on that one day so that they have the info as soon as possible, as opposed to believing that reports are constantly being received and entered daily when in fact it is causing additional delays in their gaining their sales data.

With all of that said, please note that I do not work in our billing department, and while I do have a detailed understanding of our sales reporting, both in terms of it coming from the issuers as well as their being entered into publishers accounts, that additional questions regarding reporting will likely receive responses that are far more brief, should time allow for me to respond.

I hope that this helps to answer your question Ian. Thank you.

thanks J.

I run the marketing for a online store and have always thought about offering our customers the chance to sign-up with to a new credit card to use to purchase products.
    Thats why I was curious how it works.
    Have you ever worked with something like that?

Hello Ian(?),

Please contact me by emailing partners at cardoffers.com so that we may discuss this off of the forum. Thank you

Well, here's the situation. Let's talk about American Express credit cards and how the sales are reported.

I know that Cardoffers is a Linkshare affiliate and I got this information on American Express website.

So here's the big issue.

We worked with Linkshare directly and we made sales in January 2008. We are March 25th and we still haven't received our commissions.

When we emailed Linkshare, they say that they didn't receive the payment from American Express therefore they cannot pay us. How long are we supposed to wait to get our money????? Months, Years???

Mind you we worked in direct with them.

Now Cardoffers.com being a Linkshare affiliate just like we were, I do not think that it will do us any good. Sales will be reported the same way.

What I would appreciate is people coming here and exposing the fraud of most companies, ripping affiliates left and right.

The way the system is set up right now needs to change, there is no way to control the sales we are bringing to the credit card companies and it's wrong.

Credit card companies should let affiliates know in REAL TIME the status of every application. This is a shame that they are the ones controling us while we are the one bringing the sales. This is just wrong and it needs to stop.

And until affiliates start to boycott this system, they won't make the money that they should.

Credit card companies should redirect to the site that brought one customer, right after someone filed an application. This is the minimum that they should do.

We are treated like dirt and we wonder why we do not make any sale?

The truth is there is a lot of sales being made through us but we never get to see the money because these companies are not honest and I am talking for the ones we have worked with.

Shameful.

Hi "The_Truth",

While we do work with the above mentioned companies, I do not work for those companies directly and I am not in a position to comment on their practices; both with regard to their dealings with affiliates that they work with directly or in terms of when they choose to make their payments, but I can say that our company has enough funds to cover all of our own affiliate payments regardless of the payment schedule of the issuers that we work with, and therefore affiliates of ours do not need to be concerned with such things. All they need to know when it comes to receiving their payments is what their account’s payment schedule is, and that they can expect their payment to be received within a few days after it is sent out on or around that date (sometimes they fall on a weekend…).

With regard to the comment about fraud, I can assure you that there is no fraud within our company period, and while there are some changes that could be made that may benefit publishers (for the issuers to implement), I feel that at cardoffers.com, we do all that we can to make sure that everyone receives their payments in a very timely manor, regardless of whether we ourselves have been paid for the sales that we sending checks out for.

Thank you for your answer.

I made a research on Cardoffers.com and Duns n Bradstreet reports $100 000 in revenues for your company in 2007.

This is the reason why we didn't sign up with you guys, we thought that you were a very small company.

Could you please elaborate? Big as you are, you should be able to make at least 1 Million dollars a year, which obvisouly is not the case(based on Duns and Bradstreet report).

I never heard anything about your company but in the same time, I never heard affiliates making a thousand sales a month @ Cardoffers.com

When I work with a company and I encouraged everyone to do so, I buy the annual report of the company at Duns n Bradstreet, that gives you a clue of what you can expect.

My issues are with Linkshare, Ncsreporting and believe it or not, we even worked with CJ and they didn't report few leads.

Hi, I'm actually at the dentists at the moment in the middle of a route canal, so I'll be keeping this short. While I'm not going to discuss our actual sales figures, I will say that our network pays many millions of dollars in sales to our affiliates annually. We are a privately held company and no third party has access to our sales info, and the numbers that you listed are so very far off base that I would recomend that your no longer regard your source as even remotely reliable and should not be considered going forward when making decisions regarding your business..

Sorry J, nothing personal here.

But Dun n Bradstreet is a pretty RELIABLE source. This is where you go to check if a company is telling the truth about their revenue or not.

When people file for grants, the government requires that they file for a DUNS number, they need a DUNS number from Dun and Bradstreet, that's how reliable they are.

That is why we never signed up with Cardoffers.com, I do not believe that your company pays millions of dollars to your affiliates because to pay that kind of money, you must make it first or have it on your bank account.

I also know that you only have like 3 - 4 employees maximum.

Once again $100 000 dollars a year is pretty low. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being a small company but don't tell us you are making Millions when you don't.

what do you think is the est approach for c/c affiliates? if so many have gotten traffic and yet not money, what is the marketing to sales ratio or what should it be?

The ratio rate is next to zero - These companies are crooks and we are sick of bringing traffic and not seing any sales.

It's time to step up and put a stop to this foolishness.

i agree with you Truth, as a former pusher of cards many years ago nothing has changed since.
    Now i'm not in any position to really add any value to this argument, as I no longer work with CC's but for what it's worth, I think it is time for a change in the way they are managed.
    Some control needs to be put into the affiliates hands, instead of flying blind.
    But I'll also throw some props to J for being involved with this discussion, it's an uphill battle for him for sure to say the least.

Ok, I do not want this to be taken in a negative way, but your comments about our company are so far from being acurate that its becoming difficult to want to continue this coversation that I joined to give some insight into how we oporate, both because of your unwillingness to accept facts that I have taken the time to discuss, as well as a suspission that you may be iether intentionally feeding misinformation to those reading this thread or trying to fish for private information. I see no other reason for your comments made after my previous post in which I had informed you that the information you were spreading was very inacurate and took the time to give you more acurate information. Either way, facts are facts and are not debatable.

Once again, dispite whatever report you may have and the misinformation therein, we process multiple millions of cc ssles anually, and have a staff that far exceeds your numbers. In fact, we have more people in our editorial department alone...

Thank you all for the comments, especially J. Much appreciated.

I'd just like to throw in a couple of things because I am a credit card affiliate and am always disappointed on the lack of discussion on credit card affiliates here at abestweb.

First, about NCS. I have worked with many CC affiliate companies but still do most with NCS. They DO NOT under-report sales; though I do suspect their tracking may have a bug that reports more clicks than you actually get, which could lead a lot of affiliates to think that they should be getting more sales. This is based upon a split test, one month I ran links with NCS, the next month the same links with a competitor, with no change in marketing strategy. With similar impressions, I got much fewer clicks on the competitor's platform, but a comparable # of sales.

The other thing I would say about NCS is their service is excellent, even as a small fry affiliate. I can always reach my account rep and if there are any compliance issues I hear about it from a real person who I can talk to.

Next I wanted to address affiliates considering credit cards. IMO, and based upon experience, it is EXTREMELY hard to get credit card conversions from banners or text links on sites that are no about credit cards (travel, business etc, even if the offers are attractive to site users). You can get a lot of clicks, but the number of people who sign up for credit cards on impulse like that are dwindling.

To be successful, you need a site that caters to people who already know they want a new credit card, but are shopping for the right card. Then, as that is such a competetive market, you need to have something that differentiates your site from all the others, or at least an SEO or PPC strategy that can pull traffic in this competetive space.

I think figuring out these issues is far more important to your success than which company you get your links from.

Hope that's helpful!

Dweliver,

I totally agree with your post. We dabble in the credit card affiliate space and have made it a VERY SUCCESSFUL affiliate of ours. In a very short period of time we have become one of AmEx’s top affiliates through LS.

You mentioned: To be successful, you need a site that caters to people who already know they want a new credit card.

This is the kicker. There are only a few times that really make sense for an individual to apply for a new CC. I would imagine the first would center on the idea of not commingling your personal assets with your new business. Therefore, it is imperative to open a new CC to satisfy this.

Recommendation: If you are targeting SMB, and have a decent amount of legal/business formation content you would be leaving money on the table if you did not promote CC services.

just a question 'j'

do you have or know of a card friendly to freelancers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady
    just a question 'j'

do you have or know of a card friendly to freelancers?
    Hi The Lady,

Please rephrase your question to include more specific details regarding your request for information, as I do not quite understand your inquiry. Please also feel free to contact me via email. Thank you.

To those who have sent me private messages, I do not have enough posts to activate this board’s private message system, and I am negated from reading your messages. I can however be reached at Lobel at cardoffers dot com.

Thank you.

i like program that offer syndication option,
    e.g. maintenance free affiliate site or content integration by JS etc.

what are the latest options now ?

The CardOffers program is now FlexOffers, which features several auto-updating content delivery options / data feeds such as XML, JavaScript Code and Web API

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread