ABW Ambassador
    The time has come to fight back!
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Page views verses click throughs is telling me that No doubt it is spyware, scumware and the likes robbing me and us blind. No I don't have proof but I know there is a free for all going on right now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Overstock has selected a known parasitic affiliate over all of their other affiliates to receive a $250 gift certificate and 2 free airline tickets<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If I went to ebates and clicked to a merchant, and then an aff's site, the cookie set for commissionjunction.com and qksrv with the aff's page load contained the ebates ebs SID reference in the affiliates cookie! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I just pulled some merchants associated with parasites yesterday and will be pulling more and more as time goes on because it's obvious that the parasites will not honor the COC. Merchants and affiliates who thought that the COC would bring order to an industry plauged with theft and underhanded tactics - this is your wakeup call! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> As far as CJ saying WhenU is in compliance...they (along with BF and Performics) said this when Feb 10th rolled around and ALL the parasite's that remain with affiliate status were still there! All that changed was an addendum to the COC putting the burden on US with the afsrc=1 code. And while I'm on that one...ask yourselves why is EBATES using the afsrc=1 code in THEIR urls? Hello! The afscr=1 code was supposed to allow THEIR software to detect OUR links.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Had you had enough or should I get more quotes? The time is now, the networks are not going to help you or me! We need more people involved in this! Thousands of members in ABW and its the same 10 people over and over again trying to win the fight. Now is the time for you all to be involved! All it takes is an email to Haiko (haiko@abestweb.com) or PM him here on the boards requesting access, and a willingness to participate and contribute to enter the private parasiteware forum. Participants would be screened as we don't want the parasite lurkers sneaking into the forum.
    For more information see this thread http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...943#2836094943

Again I repeat 10 people can't carry this fight! Its your money! Fight for it!
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free in 2003!

[This message was edited by cazzie on June 18, 2003 at 10:03 AM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Don't know why, but my request to access did not get any answer.

carneol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Don't know why, but my request to access did not get any answer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can second that. I requested access months ago, and never got a response, although the Private Topic was viewed. Are you sure they want new members in the Parasiteware Forum?

Andy

Something is going on. Yesterdar BHLF, today cazzie.

One thing's for sure, whatever it is it can't be discussed here!

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Next these 2 gals will have us strip to our skivies and do retanal scans (eyeballs) to get in. Meanwhile Charlie just flys over the gate naked.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike & Charlie wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Next these 2 gals will have us strip to our skivies and do retanal scans (eyeballs) to get in. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errr...shouldn't that be Retinal scans??? I'm glad you clarified what you really meant...it's a big difference!

Andy

Is there anything at this time, that seriously needs to be brought to our attention, in a private manner or are you guys just lonely?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Little of both SSanf. So that's how you spell it ...thnaks Andy.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I made a promise to myself last year that I wouldn't promote any merchants who were associated in anyway with parasite activity. As far as I am aware I have stuck to my word. I wish all the other affiliates would do the same instead of complaining to the pro-parasite merchants they promote about lousy conversion rates.

well I too requested access and have heard nothing...

btw, I get really pissed when moderators like shoes.com f'n deletes my messages and or whenU screenshots....

"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?" -anon

Don't feel bad, Electropulse. The AM at Shoes.com deleted one of my posts as well.

That's what happens when AMs get caught with their hand in the "cookie" jar!

Andy

You're right there Andy, they also answer and then lock the thread preventing any further public discussions on the matters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Page views verses click throughs is telling me that No doubt it is spyware, scumware and the likes robbing me and us blind. No I don't have proof but I know there is a free for all going on right now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Exactly cazzie I've never seen a truer word spoken.
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I requested access months ago, and never got a response, although the Private Topic was viewed. Are you sure they want new members in the Parasiteware Forum?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes we want members!
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Only those willing to participate and contribute need apply. It's not a place of look see's. However, no matter what your skills or what your preceived level of knowledge is regarding the parasiteware issues, there is somthing that everyone can contribute <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't know why you didn't get a response from Haiko. Please Email or send him a PM.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

Yes, I've had enough Cazzie but what else can we do?
    The networks don't/won't protect us, there's little we can do, save emailing merchants and alerting them.

I'd love for someone to write a script that disables any para's being able to operate on our sites, but this would probably be against the networks TOS's.

Sue, sure we could, but this is a legal minefield where new precedants will have to be set.
    I just don't see what options are open to us except for using para free merchants and then the question arises, why do my couple of para ridden merchants out perform my clean merchants?

I'd love to be rid of the para's and make it a clean and even playing field so if there is an option I've missed that we can work on I'd love to be involved.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'd love to be rid of the para's and make it a clean and even playing field so if there is an option I've missed that we can work on I'd love to be involved <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Why not stop in and see what going on? We would love to have you join us and hear your input.
    Cazzie

Join the Fight! Parasite Free In 2003!

If I don't answer the request that doesn't mean that you don't have access ... acxtually i is the converse, I reply to those who I don't allow in; everyone who said they requested access has been allowed in.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    "If I don't answer the request that doesn't mean that you don't have access ... acxtually i is the converse, I reply to those who I don't allow in; everyone who said they requested access has been allowed in.
    Haiko"

I tried but:

"You have not been given the security rights to access this page. You require the rights to read this forum. For a full list of any special rights you have on this site, see your profile. If you want to be given this access right, contact your administrator and ask for the 'Read Forum' right. This right is forum specific.
    Go Back"

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    This is a very dumb question.

Where can I find the administrator's email address to request for access to the private parasiteware forums?

Haiko? May I have access?

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>cazzie said:
    All it takes is an email to Haiko (haiko@abestweb.com) or PM him here on the boards requesting access, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks

I have wandered for some time now if my traffic was converting to sales and I was not getting the commissions. I get some $30 to $50 a month but I seem to have a lot of visitors to my site. Over 150 a day or more. I would think that I would make more. My questions are: what are the ways I can be ripped off, and if I am ripped off who does it- the company i promote, scripts hijacking my links, what are the ways and how do i prevent it or at least recognize the signs? I hope that these questions make sense. I am just at a loss on knowing how to protect myself from theft or at least knowing what to look for.

Animal Lover
    I second that tagalong!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi tagalong and welcome to ABW.

There's not a quick and easy way to answer your question. All of the ways you said and more. If someone wants to rip you off, they will find a way. There is much information here on the boards regarding your concerns however. Do a little back reading of posts. Two good places to start are

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm...9&f=6356003521

and

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm...79&f=591608789

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    Since the private parasite forum was closed I did not hear anything on a proposed new forum. I asked Haiko by pm bvut I did not get any answer, and I asked him also by a topic here, but I did also not get any answer. Is there any private forum and how can I join it?

carneol

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread