Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What would you say to / do with a network, that reports in realtime, but precludes you from checking your stats more than let's say once a day? Their reason ... server strain.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Big thumbs down. When I add a new merchant or make changes I check stats frequently to see whether the merchant or the changes are effective. Stat checks are a great way to see what works and what doesn't.

ABW Ambassador
    Do you have a network in mind? What kind of stats you talking about? clicks and such? 3 out of the 4 major networks you see your balance when you login.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Just earnings

</font></p>

Need at least 2 updates a day. Morning, noon and night would be better. Amazon only updates once and it is just no fun. We are here cause we wanna have fun!

ABW Ambassador
    >Big thumbs down

If I were an affiliate I deserve access 24x7.
    I AM the income!
    imo

Big Daddy Smokes
    Real American Tobacco
    FAST Shipping
    Residual Income
    Lifetime Accounts
    http://www.bigdaddysmokes.com/recruit2.html
    affmgr@bigdaddysmokes.com

ABW Ambassador
    What's the point of offering realtime reporting then?

Might as well batch and let affiliates see the reports at anytime.

I agree with Pete

Reasonable, I'd say, and it would save me a lof time in a day to do what I really need to be doing.

No way. Everyone has good points. We need our stats! Servers are cheap now days ( in the light of things ) I would hope that stat checking is only a small part of the servers job, if the systems is that over loaded then how reliable is the network. Just my thoughts

This doesn't sound the least bit hypothetical. It sucks, and is weak excuse (IMHO). If the "Network" doesn't have the horsepower, then build it in, in a future release.

Wait! Let me guess, they have already had several future releases and still haven't given that capability?

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."Your talent in the local beauty pageant was making noises with your armpit"

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Hey, we put people on the moon 4 decades ago, an occaisional stat check shouldn't hurt too much.

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What would you say to / do with a network, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it isn't a network I am already signed up with, I would ignore its very existance until they woke up and stopped such a stupid limitation.

And if it IS a network I'm already signed up with...what Tony Macholtz said! Yikes!

Gotta have my pay...but also gotta have my stats-on-demand!

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    If I made money or potentially make good funds from the program I'd say fine and could live with checking stats once a day.

I check my stats regularly only where I know it's updated in real time. Being able to see you're makijg money "in real time" is no better than "making money" and seeing it once a day.

Telling me it's reported once only saves me time in not checking it .

Nope

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

The excuse is kind of lame. I mean come on, what kind of lousy servers couldn't handle the load? I wouldn't trust a tracking system that ran that close to running out of resources. Fair and simple the reporting would be jeopardized by server load.

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko,

let me suspect something: is this the next change at cj.com? They made recently some bad changes to affiliates, so why not this one?

carneol

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Or is this a brand spanking new network? Any new projects recently, Haiko?

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

Hate to be in the minority here but I never check my stats more than once a day.. LOL! I am too busy:
    1. working or
    2. playing

LOL! I would be ok with that, but I would be worried about a company handling my accounts that could not handle server load. Does that mean they don't have the funds? Ugh, could that mean they wouldn't pay me? That is my only concern.

Sign me up with the majority. This is 2003 and we're talking about a company that by its nature relies on computers. And they can't get servers to "handle the strain"? Please.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Haiko, let me suspect something: is this the next change at cj.com? They made recently some bad changes to affiliates, so why not this one? carneol <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I had on my mind when I posted. I guess if it were a new network I'd feel a little different.

15 years and counting
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Haiko - but precludes you from checking your stats more than let's say once a day <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, you don't want to hear what I'll say, there's a young crowd around.
    Most of my web sites are monitored live and I check my traffic (and much more) in real time on a dedicated screen.
    Now, if a network was able to provide me with my click thrus, sales and commissions in real time, in a dedicated window with no need to login every 5 minutes, I'll be real happy. (And it should make them very happy, too)

I'm amazed how "check stats once a day" reminds me of the past, I used to be on the network with a 75 baud modem, too.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

I think it is a VERY DUMB IDEA!!!!

Checking those stats while I work is part of what keeps me motivated to keep plugging and doing "just one more page".

If CJ does this, I will be so much MORE angry with them!

Word to the wise SAS does better every day for me. And, they aren't doing these things that tick everyone off. I am making DOUBLE off a couple of indys and a few SAS merchants than from ALL the CJ merchants I have put up.

Of course, the fact that SAS does not allow parasites might account for it.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Thanks for all your responses.

It's not a new network, but it is something I am "fearing" from a major one.

I mean what the hey! ... They are our stats, we can check them how often we like!

</font></p>

Yep I check my cj stats about 5-10 times a day maybe even more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast