When Programs Close
    I was just wondering if it is possible that when a merchant closes their program that a notification of program closing gets added to the offline/online notification rss feed. It doesn't seem like it is added, unless of course I missed reading a feed recently.
    An example is buying barstools program that is now listed as closed. I had pulled most of the links last year anyway so not a huge deal for me but I am wondering if we get any notification of programs closing. Is it part of the offline feed and if not can it be added?
    I know most merchants (or their OPMs) have the decency to send an email notifying affiliates they are closing or moving a program but the barstool people seemed to have skipped that.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

15 years and counting
    I quit working with them last year but I'm still an affiliate and didn't get an email either.
    These people had a nice converting website. I made $8k in commission in a short period of time. I don't understand why they had to redo their site just after the launch at SaS. First, they forgot the tracking pixel, it took me one week to understand what was wrong. Then, the new look was not converting, same products, different website and I could not convert my traffic anymore. I had to stop wasting my time with them.

Similar experience converted early then boom nothing. Always had problems too with missing images, blank pages... so I gave up too. I am redesigning a site and just realized I still had a couple links I missed, got me to thinking about them. I was surprised to see they closed.
    Thanks Zeus, nice to know I wasn't the only one out of the loop. I am just concerned that this could possible happen with one of my real merchants (closing and me not knowing).
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

15 years and counting
    Melanie - I was surprised to see they closed.
    I'm too, because they are part of a bigger company with an affiliate program on CJ.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread