Multiple Datafeed Approval Process
    As an affiliate who receives and pull datafeeds, Shareasale datafeed request process is limiting and time consuming.

If an affiliate would like to apply to 75 merchant datafeeds, the process requires you to apply to each merchant datafeed one at a time versus multiple.

To apply to one merchant to aquire a datafeed, an affiliate must:
    Page 1, Select Datafeed
    Page 2, Manage Datafeed filter - Refresh (Wait if you don't fine tune the filter)
    Page 2.a Press Join Now (Only one merchant at a time)
    Page 3 Read agreement and press join now
    Page 4 Approval Statement is provided

Now redo steps 1-4 to get you next merchant.

If Approval process is required, the merchant you applied for is still listed so you have manage your merchants. How many days will it take for approval.. who knows? This is also similar (waiting process) for any of the other Affiliate Marketing Firms.

Now for the customers who have appoved you, you can verify if they are listed on datafeed link for merchants your approved. I was auto approved and the merchant wasn't listed.... bummer. Logout? Try Tommrow?

Now the cutomer isn't listed who your approved for, but you want to request FTP access. I will look again for my approved merchants and select the box to request FTP access versus doing a manual download. Remeber, this is the process if you want one customer. Think of the time it would take for 75 merchants.

You've applied for the FTP and you still have to wait. Did the customer receive my request? Why does my approved affiliates still have this feature shown when I already requested approval? Did I do something wrong? Should I do it again?

With CJ, Linkshare, Performics and or Avantlink, the process is very simple than this. Yes, you can state you have a better quaility control, but why should the proven Affiliates be tagged in this long drawn out process to get a datafeed?

Remeber, as an affiliate, we are here to produce revenue for the merchant and your current datafeed request process really hinders the affiliate in acheiving this goal.

Backyard

You've made some good points. I would add the most frustrating aspect of all this to me: the affiliate manager who never responds when I apply for FTP access. Many, many times I never get a response. Even if I wait a few days, a week, etc., and reapply -- still I never get a response.

There truly does seem a better system for FTP access to datafeeds would be a good idea. No real suggestions, but I DO agree that there's a problem.
    Generate more fake news.

I'm in the same boat. I applied for FTP access to datafeeds twice already and have yet to get a response from the merchants. And to think I was going to join the Premiere program.

I've just sent this message to all my merchants who still have not granted me FTP access after many prior requests.

"I am unable to promote your products because, although you have approved me as an affiliate through ShareASale, you have NOT granted me FTP access to your datafeed.

"My current 'test' database for my work with Datafeed Studio now includes 1.8 million products from 490 merchants -- but your products are not included.

"I am requesting FTP access so that I can automate the import of your datafeed. (Like all your affiliates, I already have manual access to download your datafeed.)

"However, ShareASale requires separate merchant approval for each affiliate's FTP access to automate downloads. You must manually review and approve each request, unless you persuade ShareASale to set up 'auto-approval of FTP requests,' which is not the same as auto-approval of affiliates.)

"My affiliate activities are described at (URL) and you can view my 'datafeed test site' at (URL)"

Quote Originally Posted by markwelch
    I've just sent this message to all my merchants who still have not granted me FTP access after many prior requests.

"I am unable to promote your products because, although you have approved me as an affiliate through ShareASale, you have NOT granted me FTP access to your datafeed.

"My current 'test' database for my work with Datafeed Studio now includes 1.8 million products from 490 merchants -- but your products are not included.

"I am requesting FTP access so that I can automate the import of your datafeed. (Like all your affiliates, I already have manual access to download your datafeed.)

"However, ShareASale requires separate merchant approval for each affiliate's FTP access to automate downloads. You must manually review and approve each request, unless you persuade ShareASale to set up 'auto-approval of FTP requests,' which is not the same as auto-approval of affiliates.)

"My affiliate activities are described at (URL) and you can view my 'datafeed test site' at (URL)"
    Hey, Mark, I would love to know how that works out. It would be fascinating to see whether any of 'em respond intelligently and give you the FTP access you've been requesting.

Call me cynical, but my best guess is that the ones whom you've tried repeatedly to get FTP access from either 1) don't read the requests or care one way or the other, or, 2) are just plain stupid.

Seriously, I hope that gets intelligent action for you. I know if I were an affiliate manager and got a message like that from an affiliate, I'd break some knuckles whipping out the keyboard and firing off an apology as well as grant you immediate access.

Inconceivable that some affiliate manager would get info like that about an affiliate and NOT take immediate action to grant FTP!
    Generate more fake news.

FYI, after 3 days, in response to my FTP request text (above) which was sent to more than 200 merchants, I've received FTP approval from five additional merchants.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread