SAS gone crazy with the ban hammer.
    About 2 weeks ago I found out that some dirty black hatter was using cloaked links to redirect to SAS sites and scraping content froom my sites. I decided to grab their SAS ID and report them to SAS who informed me that that person had been taken care of, their commissions revoked and they would not be playing any futher part in promoting products for SAS.

About 3 weeks later I noticed a shed load of commisions coming into my account from an unknown source. Apon futher investigation it seems that that dirty blackhatter had somehow managed to find a load of my White hat sites, grab my SAS ID and use them to redirect to merchants, making it look as though I was the one using the shady cloaking techniques.

Before I knew it SAS had deleted my SAS account and would not even respond to my emails desite the fact I had informed them exactly what had happened. The refuse to communicate with me saying that because they could not prove whether I was telling the truth they had to delete my account to protect their merchants.

The same thing seems to be happening to many WH affiliates who seem be reporting cloakers to SAS are getting their accounts deleted. What amazed me was how this person found out that is was me that reported them, found my sites and malsciously set me up for a beating from SAS.

I would be very careful guys, just a warning!

ABW Ambassador
    A lot of what you posted doesn't make much sense.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Talk to Brian at SAS

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    A lot of what you posted doesn't make much sense.
    Which part exactly?

ABW Ambassador
    About 2 weeks ago - About 3 weeks later = A week from now, the future.

That a blackhatter would get sales for you. People setting someone up is possible but not very believable in this case. Most wouldn't waste time doing that, would spend their time finding other ways to make money for themselves.

They're very smart to this sort of thing, have Kellie from Affiliate Fair Play helping out. Think they could figure something like this out.

"The same thing seems to be happening to many WH affiliates"

Really? And you base this on..? I haven't seen one thread here about it. So I'm sure you'll be able to link me somewhere else on the internet reporting this.

Seems like you got busted and this is your way for some payback.

Really? And you base this on..? I haven't seen one thread here about it. So I'm sure you'll be able to link me somewhere else on the internet reporting this.
    Apologies I forgot this was the only internet marketing forum on this planet!

ABW Ambassador
    Did you forget how to link too? Link it up. You said this is happening to a bunch of other white hat SAS affiliates. I asked what you base this on, you didn't answer. Your reply there are other forums out there, and? Are there discussions about this on those forums? If so, then you'll link to them in your next reply.

Did you forget how to link too? Link it up. You said this is happening to a bunch of other white hat SAS affiliates. I asked what you base this on, you didn't answer. Your reply there are other forums out there, and? Are there discussions about this on those forums?
    I'm not going to go trawling through every forum looking for where this has happened. I've got much more important things to do like make money. It was just a warning to others about what has happened.

Also if someone is setting up blackhat sites with my affiliate ID of course im going to recieve commissions DUH!!!! Thats the whole point.

ABW Ambassador
    lol, didn't think so.

ABW Ambassador
    This whole thread reminds me of the "good old" phentermine days.

ABW Ambassador
    By the way:

"I use the program to get their keywords, sign up to THEIR affiliate program and launch a load of cloaked sites redirecting traffic from these keywords to their sites and bang $$$$$$"

Guess who that was a quote from? So yeah, they caught you.

By the way:

"I use the program to get their keywords, sign up to THEIR affiliate program and launch a load of cloaked sites redirecting traffic from these keywords to their sites and bang $$$$$$"

Guess who that was a quote from? So yeah, they caught you.
    Im not sure you know what you are talking about?

So I set up a load of affiliate stores using cloaked redirects WHOOO PEE!! I wasn't scraping content from other peoples sites though.

Learn the difference dude.

ABW Ambassador
    "I pulled about 30 dating articles from Ezines didnt bother re-writing them at all and uploaded them as reference matierial linking from the TLD of my landing page and voila managed to get a CPC of $0.18 current spend per day is in the region of $500 and revenue is around $1200 a day maing a profit of $600."

Yeah, you're not scraping/using other people's content. Your dumbass probably shouldn't be bragging about that stuff on another forum and then come to this one with your bs stories about how you were done wrong. I'm going to join SAS with the ban hammer.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Darkforces,

One of my least favourite things is having to suspend/ban affiliate accounts.

I'd be happy to review your situation if you can tell me that the following apply...

1. You were always within ShareASale rules/TOS/etc...

2. You were always within the rules at Google and Yahoo.

3. You can explain exactly what it was that you were doing - and what they were doing - and why you were within the rules and why you weren't.

4. You can explain how they guessed your affiliate ID.

If you feel the above are true and want to discuss it with me just email me... I'll be happy to take a look at it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

15. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread