Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    My Little Addiction
    After much nagging from my wife, I decided to stop drinking caffeine. I never liked coffee, but have been addicted to mountain dew since 1990. So my form of coffee for the morning was a nice cold can of mountain dew. Besides the caffeine, each 12oz can has 170 calories. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had been drinking like 3 to 5 cans of dew every single day pretty much since 1990 until 2 weeks ago. The first 3 days of going cold turkey was pretty difficult. I pretty much had a constant headache and had no energy at all. Two weeks later, I am only drinking water, lemonade, and a variety of juices. The headaches are gone and I actually feel much better. It's not smoking, drinking, or hard drugs, but it was my little addiction that is now gone.

ABW Ambassador
    I will go take a swig in your honor. I like to put the Mountain Dew in the freezer for a little bit where it's just starting to freeze a little.

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    I will go take a swig in your honor. I like to put the Mountain Dew in the freezer for a little bit where it's just starting to freeze a little.
    After many years as a dew drinker, it was always better in a cold can. I once bought a 2 liter bottle and realized that it tasted like chum.

I lived on Mountain Dew throughout high school, college, and my first few years of full time work. The crowning achievement of my cubicle was a 5 story Mountain Dew pyramid built out of cans I'd consumed all by myself. I've cut down to one 20 oz. bottle per month or so, but I have upped my coffee consumption since I moved to Seattle. I think it's required by law here. LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    It's not smoking, drinking, or hard drugs, but it was my little addiction that is now gone.
    I actually had a harder time giving up coffee a few years ago than I had giving up cigarettes. Fortunately I came to my senses and realized that caffeine was actually good for me (let me have my delusions, OK?). Besides, if I gave up coffee than I wouldn't have any vices left, other than booze, drugs, gambling and women.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Congrats SeymourButts!
    Here's an added benefit as well:

3-5 cans per day at 170 calories per can = 510 - 850 calories per day.
    3500 calories = 1 pound
    that would mean, you could be dropping 1 pound every 4-7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Besides, if I gave up coffee than I wouldn't have any vices left, other than booze, drugs, gambling and women.

-rematt
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread