filtering for my merchants
    I'm loving popshops, but I thought I'd share a few issues I hit now and then.

I have a filter set up for the merchants I'm an affiliate with. But sometimes I'll add products to a shop with that filter seemingly in place, only to discover later that it wasn't active at all. I'm not sure the exact sequence of events that causes it, but I think it's when I have my filter selected, then create a shop, then start adding products. The filter needs changed and changed back for it to display properly.

The above might be a browser issue, I prefer firefox, but it has been misbehaving on windows verification popups, like it won't show the verification window when I want to delete an item. So I switch rendering engine with a plugin. I just hate to leave all my firefox tabs and shortcuts when I'm working.

I wish things were stickier, or I could edit defaults. I'd like popshops to open with my merchants filter in place. I'd like it even more if there were some automated checking of active merchants. I just added a bunch of products from directlyhome.com, only discover all the dead links...so I check...was it my filter glitch? nope... Checking later in shareasale, it seems they have vanished.

But, back to stickiness or defaults. That would be nice for new shops especially. I'm always wondering..did I remember to set the redirect, missing product and the pagination options?

ok...back to figuring out which messed up products I need to delete...

hmmm in the shop that I just removed directlyhome products, autofeed still displays products from them. Will this reset with time? Or is what shops to draw from coded permanently during the shops creation? I tried removing the autofeed and re-adding, that didn't do it. I'll wait and see if it fixes itself before I delete and start over.

ooops...forget that last issue. I missed deleting a couple. Autofeed is fine now.

I have the same problem and had been meaning to mention it to Popshops support. I'll be searching for products using my filter (for all my merchants) over and over and then suddenly I'll notice an unfamiliar name and I see my filter is no longer being used.

So then I have to click on "All Merchants" and after that comes up then click back to my filter. It's something I watch for carefully now.

Here is one of the situations where it drops the filter that is set.

I do a product search with my merchants filter set that returns no results.
    Then enter a new search and those results are unfiltered even though it appears to still be set for my merchants.

I don't believe this happens after a successful search, though I'll pay attention as I work tonight. (especially after a no results search)

Just one of the drawbacks of being able to use so many merchants, it's hard to keep track of who you have a relationship with.

Hi Joyaz and jazzylee77,
    We have been chasing this filter issue. If you guys can send me a detailed step-by-step repro case of this happening (complete with the specific shop, merchant, and product search) then maybe we can reproduce it and get the bug fixed.

Thanks!
    Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Either this has been fixed or I'm having a lucky night!

It happened a couple times tonight during periods when it it seemed to slow down. Maybe it is related to server load somehow?

We are having a problem with the filters also. Whatever filter that we choose, all of the merchants are showing up. We have sent a support ticket to PopShops.

There's an issue with filters we're trying to hunt down. Hope to have it resolved tomorrow.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Good to know...thought it was something I was doing wrong

Beth

Filtering should be fixed now.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones

sorry, but it just did it a couple times again.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread