All,

Please help !

I love Linda at Pro Stage and Sound Lighting! Based on her frank posts, I applied for PSSL links.

BUT: I am VERY afraid of the 63% charge-back rate!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

On the other hand, PSSL has only been a CJ Merchant since July and they require 45 days to post so the stats are very new.

So, I don't know...

I see lots of red flags.

Does anyone see green lights?

Thanks

Doc

"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
    - W C Fields (Tille and Gus)

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Doc Sawyer,

Glad you brought it up. I had been meaning to give people an explanation about that, so here goes.

1) We pay for ALL shipped sales. Period, no ifs and or buts. We ALWAYS give credit where credit is due!

2) Our 1st month we did a lot of test sales to be sure everything was tracking correctly.

3) Then our web master was placing test orders on our development site to test the new cart we are trying to launch. He forgot he had set up the CJ cookie on the new cart. He had been testing CJ affiliate links. Then placed a bunch of cart testing orders not realizing we were racking up a bunch of CJ sales under different affiliate IDs.
    None of these were real sales - we can't even process sales on our test cart - but they were added to our CJ sales.

4) One of our employees - who knows nothing about CJ placed some test orders to test our cart. I found an affiliate - I was suspicious of being a parasite - got credit for those sales and after extensive research found that our employee had, KAzaa, Gator and about 8 other parasites on her computer. The orders were never paid or shipped they were test orders and nothing to do with CJ.
    But it wracked up several sales for this questionable affiliate that I have since terminated.

5) We have had LOTS of duplicate orders, fraud and over the limit credit cards. In One day we had two $1,999 sales that were duplicate fraud orders.

6) I asked CJ to remove all the test orders that we had made on purpose and by accident during our learning curve so it would not affect our REAL
    reversal rate. They could not.

7) I asked CJ to remove all the CC fraud orders we had gotten. They could not.

8) I asked CJ to remove the orders that I suspected of being affiliate fraud but I cuold not prove they were a parasite.

So were this leaves each of you that reads this post is to do your due diligence and make a decision to try PSSL and TRUST me based on who you know me to be in these posts, or ignore a good opportunity and play it safe.

The only thing I can guarantee is that if I reverse an order of yours - if you email me the question WHY - I will and have always sent proof.
    A copy of the order - the notes - the number of times we tried to contact the customer who gave us a bogus CC, email and phone# or whatever.
    I am an affiliate too and I would want that kind of accountability - so when I wear my AM hat -that's what I provide to you.

I really wish CJ could give us the option to add notes or explain all possible reversal reasons
    because I know OTHER is not a good reason but sometimes it's the only option that fits.

So any way - ProSound and I are high Integrity
    but I know it's hard to trust - especially these days with all the dishonesty that goes on in the wild, wild web.

Doc - I'm glad you joined us and hope I can earn your trust.

Sincerely,

Linda
    Ecommerce & Affiliate Manager
    ProSound and Stage Lighting
    www.pssl.com
    Email & Search Engine Marketing
    www.catalystEmarketing.com

ABW Ambassador
    Linda,

I have been told by CJ (phone) that they will not count fraud orders againsnt your account if you point out the offense.

Dave

Linda,

Thank you for your response.

Based on this post your posts in other threads, it seems you have been experiencing some "growing pains" getting your program up and running.

Yes, I wondered about that charge-back figure. Ordinarily, I woundn't even bother with a company that had a history of reversing two out of three! But, it just seemed so out of line with the personality you project in your posts.

And, I know that new stats can be misleading until the sample is large enough to accurately represent the population.

So that is why I started this thread.

Linda, I spent the morning putting up some of your links. I hope I can contibute to your stats and help bring that charge-back figure down!

Prosperity, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Doc

"There comes a time in the affairs of a man when he has to take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
    - W C Fields (Tille and Gus)

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Cool Doc, thanks for the vote of confidence and glad you are on our team!

Just had a new bizarre reversal experience.
    Discovered 3 orders for the same amount from the same affiliate on different days. Turned out they were ALL the same order - but CJ registered it as 3 seperate sales for the affiliate.
    So I had to reverse 2 of them. (OUCH - I hate reversing orders!)

Called CJ to see how this could happen.
    Turns out because I turned cookie KEEP=Yes
    in order to give my affiliates more chances to earn - it caused a problem. Cj thinks the customer must have bookmarked the final order page and came back 2 times to check the order which resulted in triplicate orders.

CJ said to turn cookie KEEP to NO.
    I left KEEP=YES on because I would rather give affiliates credit for sales than worry about our charge back rate. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Call me anytime and let me know what I can do to help you be successful with PSSL.

Linda
    Ecommerce & Affiliate Manager
    ProSound and Stage Lighting
    www.pssl.com
    Email & Search Engine Marketing
    www.catalystEmarketing.com

Linda wrote:
    quote:
    CJ said to turn cookie KEEP to NO.
    I left KEEP=YES on because I would rather give affiliates credit for sales than worry about our charge back rate.

So CJ's system doesn't even work right if merchants want to motivate affiliates by allowing commissions on repeat visits!

And CJ doesn't care if affiliate links are changed by rogue software either.

It doesn't appear that CJ is very affiliate-friendly, does it? I think our CJ sales are reflecting this attitude as well.

Thanks for the interesting update, Linda. It's so nice to see such a great attitude about developing business from an Affiliate Manager! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I'll also mention again what's been said before about CJ's reversal rate. It is the % of dollar amount of sales, not the % of actual transactions which are reversed. This can be very misleading at times. Like Linda stated, if she had to reverse two $2000 sales which are duplicates, that could skew the chargeback %. Just depends on the gross amount of sales being driven by affiliates. For a new program, I would think that would have an even bigger impact as the program is growing and affiliates are being acquired.

And thanks for the way you post here at ABW Linda and keep people up to date about your program. I'm sure many appreciate that fact. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread