Discrepancy in Reports - Old vs. New Publisher Interface
    I just logged into the new Publisher interface, which I've been using in favor of the old one. I see that my balance and reports no longer show $50+ in commission I got earlier this week. However, when I log in to the old interface, the commissions are still there when using traditional reports. THEN, I checked Synergy Analytics and they're gone there too.

I suppose the two sales (for the same merchant) were reversed and just haven't propogated to the old system (if that's how it works), but I can't find any reversals anywhere. I searched on this topic on ABW, as I know I recall seeing issues with Synergy Analytics reporting, but couldn't find anything.

Is anybody else seeing discrepancies like this??
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I'm seeing the same discrepancy in the reports that appear in the new dashboard on the home page and on the reports page. But, if I go to the advanced reports (signature activity, for example - I like that one as it shows clicks/sales/commissions for merchants through Popshops listed separately) they are up-to-date and jive with the old interface reports. SA for me is also behind.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; March 22nd, 2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added something
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Me, three...

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    But, if I go to the advanced reports (signature activity, for example - I like that one as it shows clicks/sales/commissions for merchants through Popshops listed separately) they are up-to-date and jive with the old interface reports.
    Aha! I see them hiding out in the signature reports. Thanks.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Me four.

I prefer the old reports, anyway. I find the one I check all the time is easier on the eye to read in the old interface. I really could care less about most of the whistles and bells and just want to check on sales and commissions for all of my partners (not just the top 10). Sometimes I like to check the individual product reports too.

I do like the last commission check sent and $ amount memo on the new log-in main page though.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes same here, reports are all messed up in the new interface and the old ones don't seem to be showing proper commisssions in the last few days..

The old reports are much faster, login, one click to the page and then submit. But in the LinkSynergy system which they have made us use on the new interface I have to click several times to get to the advanced reports and then you have to wait for several minutes sometimes just for the page to load, then when it finally does I press "Actual commission" so I can see all the income earning merchansts at the top and of course when you do that they are in Descending order so you have to click again to get Acsending and then wait again.. snoooooze.... such a shame they never completed the job or have they asked for our feedback. Now no one will use the new interface for reports. Such basic things like this make you wonder?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

New interface seems to under-report commissions and sales. It shows slightly less than half of overall sales/commissions. Which set of reports should we assume is what LS is looking at for payout purposes?

Came in here to post about this.

Half my sales don't show on the new interface.

Ah - The signature link took about two minutes to load, and that is nearly caught up, but I just get a sales summary, not a day-by-day sales.

When I saw all the missing sales on the new interface I was really concerned that the old interface was actually in error.

I don't see a BETA notice or anything on this new system. How are we supposed to figure out advertising ROI when we are not sure which system to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_jones
    I don't see a BETA notice or anything on this new system.
    It doesn't say "Beta" but it does say "Pilot".

added: If you use "Signature Orders" you get a list of each individual order, with process date and time.

It's only taking about 20-30 seconds to load for me.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; March 25th, 2008 at 10:08 PM. Reason: added info
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    If you use "Signature Orders" you get a list of each individual order, with process date and time.
    Good tip
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Actually, Signature Orders gives both transaction date and process date, a la CJ, which LS never showed before (that I know of).

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread