Pinging and Wordpress??
    Ok I have read that you can auto ping your aticles on wordpress.com, my question for you is how do you do it. Can you set it up and have it auto ping your articles lets say on ezinearticles.com once a week or it just content through wordpress.com??

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silver93350
    Ok I have read that you can auto ping your aticles on wordpress.com, my question for you is how do you do it. Can you set it up and have it auto ping your articles lets say on ezinearticles.com once a week or it just content through wordpress.com??
    What are you trying to accomplish?

When I post to my blog, I ping pingomatic.com, so that blog search engines are alerted that I have a new post.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

Wordpress automatically "pings" popular blog indexes like Technorati, Blogrolling, & Weblogs.com every time you make a new post. You do not have to take any extra steps to make this happen, all you have to do is post on your blog. Ping-o-matic is the "ping" service that comes setup with Wordpress by default. See http://codex.wordpress.org/Update_Services for more info on the Wordpress "ping" feature.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    Wordpress automatically "pings" popular blog indexes like Technorati, Blogrolling, & Weblogs.com every time you make a new post. You do not have to take any extra steps to make this happen, all you have to do is post on your blog. Ping-o-matic is the "ping" service that comes setup with Wordpress by default. See http://codex.wordpress.org/Update_Services for more info on the Wordpress "ping" feature.
    It's an option - I don't recall if it was on by default.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

ok so basically it is for blogs not really pinging articles that have been changed or anything right, is it beneficial to ping your articles once a week or anything??

On your dashboard, choose options
    Then choose writing
    At the bottom of that screen is the box where you list the services you would like pinged when you update your blog. Pingomatic is there by default. There is also a link to the codex where you can get more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins
    It's an option - I don't recall if it was on by default.
    Yes its on by default Shawn. I realized this a while back because my wife started a personal blog (more like a diary) she didn't really want others to read, and she began getting comments/responses from random people who found her posts at Technorati, etc...

Lesson learned: if you want to start a private blog, be sure to turn off this feature

On a related note to Haiko and the various forum mods:

A few weeks ago there was a thread regarding the desire for a subforum or some sort of specific area for those who do a lot of blogging, specifically with WordPress.

Any more talk or activity about that? I have no idea what it would entail or if it's really feasible or not? I know there's frequently a few posts asking about blogging and usually about WordPress.

I know wordpress.org has their huge support forum. But I know, too, that forum is both extremely technically oriented (I was gonna say "for geeks," but I won't) -- and it's also very hard to find anything there.

Any thoughts on this anyone?
    Generate more fake news.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread