Angry target= problem, do i really have to spend hundreds? for it?
    I am trying to stay pure PHP in my popshops code, but am running into a problem trying to target a layer with the Shops code. The only options I have are target="_blank" or target="_self". The latter works, but I cannot find a variable to detect if the person is clicking on a product or they are clicking on one of the "next page" icons.

Right now, if a person clicks on the page it loads in the layer, but it acts terrible because of the lack of ability to control the page. Is there a way I can control how the page target acts??

I know the enterprise version includes this ability using locale page scripting, but I really don't want to pay $$$$$$ just for what in reality is just a short line of code.....

Hi,
    Actually, the big bucks won't get you the target= functionality that you are hoping for. I've added to the wishlist. Additionally, we will be rolling out an API that will allow you to have complete control.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Unhappy
    Jessie, but you do have the capability of removing target= from your scripts, don't you? I really don't need control over it, just have the _self removed............can't u make it so the normal links don't have it and the "new window" links do?

Question
    for anyone that might be looking into using their site as a "feature home" like I was with a header and frame showing off each sites products, my recommendation (if you have the brains and time to tackle this issue) would be to set your links as target="_self" like pops default and use an iframe. It was the only way I was able to get the links to stay in the page.....I had some success with that and keeping the scrolling managable. In addition, I was able to get an onunload= script to attempt to reopen the home site page when the offsite page tried to bust out of the frame. However, issues with popup blocking(needing a confirm script for user response), what to do with the frame when it unloaded on my own domain, and the framebusting sites themselves kept me from implementing it. I would say it was about 90% functional. This is just my 2 cents to anyone else that is thinking of trying it.

Also, using javascript you loose your seo friendly html from PHP like I use.

Instead, until there is a better way to get the target= out of Pops links, I am just using the target="_blank", although I'd recommend Pops getting away from that as it is becoming deprecated.

If anyone runs with this idea and can get the targets to behave without having to use frames, (like in a layer), please post!!! thanks

target="_self" is now no longer inserted into the links. If you opt to have links open in new windows, target="_blank" will be inserted.

Did this just happen? Cause last week when dinking with frames and scripts my PHP code still showed the _self in the result pages....any why any javascript references to document.getElementByTag wouldn't work...it was being overridden

Yeah, it just happened.

it just happened...........so this means it was a booboo or it is permanent? .........I know most popshoppers are not coders, but releasing control of targets would be a wise idea soon........as CSS is taking over that issue in the next browsers........I think Firefox 3 is supporting? not sure.........

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread