Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Baseball season is Officially BACK!!!
    The Red Sox kicked off their season against the Oakland A's at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan. I got up at 5:45EST today to watch the first 5 innings of the game, which started at 6:05 EST, before work. Sox took the A's to extra innings when Brandon Moss hit a game tying home-run in the bottom of the ninth inning against Oaklands closer Huston Street. Manny drove in the game winning runs in the top of the 10th inning. 1-0 is a good way to start the year.

Win or Lose, I was just pumped to be able to say baseball season is here!

Here's to a great summer of baseball!
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Hey Brent,
    Nice win today - looks like Manny overpowered the A's in the 10th. A few months back, i looked to see if i could get in a game or two at Fenway during Aff Summit this summer, but looks like they're playing away at Minneapolis that week - bummer!
    I still have a few more days 'til my boys start up! It's the last season in Yankee Stadium - a few of us in the office here are going up there to make one last stop at the stadium. If anyone's interested in making a pilgrimage along with us to 161st & River before the stadium's closed, LMK
    Here's to a new season!
    Erick Bright | Publisher Manager | MarketLeverage, LLC
    Phone: 407.268.7641 | email: erick[at]marketleverage[dot]com

Quote Originally Posted by erickb2006
    Hey Brent,
    Nice win today - looks like Manny overpowered the A's in the 10th. A few months back, i looked to see if i could get in a game or two at Fenway during Aff Summit this summer, but looks like they're playing away at Minneapolis that week - bummer!
    Sox are playing the Rangers the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after the Summit at Fenway. Helps if you are in town for another day/days.
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Hopefully, our flight back will be Wednesday and i'll try to catch that game on Tues! Always wanted to see the Green Monster in person Thanks!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Brent,

Your Bosox are here Sat. for the Dodgers' 50th anniversary return to the LA Coliseum, re-done to replicate the terrible baseball stadium it was that the Dodgers played in 1958-1961.

(weird to play games that count, then more exhibition games afterword.)

They expect 90,000 or so - they've even sold 15,000 standing room tickets in the outfield.

Dodgers will start the season with some injuries (missing LaRoche, Nomar, J Schmidt, plus Kent and Saito questionable)

But - Bring the Season On!!

(p.s. - thanks for the email re salt & pepper sale)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Been waiting all winter for baseball season so I've been watching the Mets play their spring training games. We're crying about pitching again and injuries again -- so what else is new?

But the good news is both my Joses are back and looking cuter than ever and there's a new crop of cuties this year, too -- Church, Clark and Pagan. So in spite of the problems I'm happy to say -- MY TEAM'S CUTER THAN YOUR TEAM!!!

(If we could only afford to buy the contracts of Big Papi and Pujols I'd be in seventh heaven.)

Anyone who was not up at 3:00 am PDT can see a repeat of the Bosox-As opener on ESPN2 at 11:00 am PDT (2:00 pm EDT)
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    Brent,

Your Bosox are here Sat. for the Dodgers' 50th anniversary return to the LA Coliseum, re-done to replicate the terrible baseball stadium it was that the Dodgers played in 1958-1961.

(weird to play games that count, then more exhibition games afterword.)

They expect 90,000 or so - they've even sold 15,000 standing room tickets in the outfield.

Dodgers will start the season with some injuries (missing LaRoche, Nomar, J Schmidt, plus Kent and Saito questionable)

But - Bring the Season On!!

(p.s. - thanks for the email re salt & pepper sale)
    I cant believe they are playing regular season games, and then going back into an exhibition schedule. It is the only way that they could successfully pull the Japan trip off. I hope it doesn't wipe the team out.

Are the Dodgers going to be playing in the LA Coliseum all year? 90,000 people is unheard of for a baseball game. That place is going to be loud!

Do you think they start Ethier or Pierre in CF to start the year? Who would you rather see get the majority of playing time?

p.s. thanks for the monster sale!
    Brent Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    (If we could only afford to buy the contracts of Big Papi and Pujols I'd be in seventh heaven.)
    Im sorry Rhea, but Big Papi is going to be a Red Sox for the rest of his career. At least I hope he is. Not only is he an unbelievable hitter and leader in the clubhouse, but in an error of cheaters and scumbag egotists, he stands out for the common good. He is just a great guy, with an enormous smile and heart.
    Brent Elias

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Im sorry Rhea, but Big Papi is going to be a Red Sox for the rest of his career.
    We'll see. You know Willie's running a retirement home for stars whose careers are declining, right? We might get Big Papi yet!

Agreed - Papi does have an enormous heart for kids and his community - he's an example of what's RIGHT in baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E.
    Are the Dodgers going to be playing in the LA Coliseum all year? 90,000 people is unheard of for a baseball game. That place is going to be loud!
    Heaven Forbid! No - just the one exhibition game. Regular season = Dodger Stadium.

I was 9-12 when the Dodgers played in the Coliseum, and was in many crowds of 70,000 or more, including the 2d largest ever - 92,000+ for the 5th game of the 1959 World Series. Largest ever was an exhibition with the Yankees that drew over 93,000.
    Do you think they start Ethier or Pierre in CF to start the year? Who would you rather see get the majority of playing time?
    CF for both the Dodgers and Angels has been totally mishandled the past 2 years. In 2006, Gary Mathrw, Jr. had his one and only good year, and the Angels gave him an outrageous 3-year contract, and the Dodgers did the same with the terribly over-rated Pierre. I knew that neither would be any good here.

Mathews reverted to his lifetime .240 average, and Pierre showed that he does not have a major league arm, and though he can catch the ball and get on base, he is not a major league center fielder.

So both teams went out and signed new center fielders, for more $$$millions this off season, but they made better choices this time, the Angels signing Torri Hunter, and the Dodgers Andruw Jones, who should both be fixtures in CF.

Unfortunately, both teams are making the same mistake with last years rejects. The Angels have Mathews in LF, instead of Reggie Willits, who had a great rookie year last season, and the Dodgers had Pierre listed in LF, instead of Ethier. However, Ethier has had a great spring, and may have supplanted Pierre in left.

Ethier is the far superior talent and needs to play everyday. They are giving that opportunity to Matt Kemp in right, and I hope they can dump Pierre sometime soon and go with Ethier-Jones-Kemp in the of.

Win or Lose, I was just pumped to be able to say baseball season is here!

Here's to a great summer of baseball!
    Yes, Sir! Bring it on!
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Whoo hooo, my time at the gym will be fun again. Nothing like watching Manny while I work out! Even though I am a Twins fan, there is just something really hot about Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Whoo hooo, my time at the gym will be fun again. Nothing like watching Manny while I work out! Even though I am a Twins fan, there is just something really hot about Manny.
    Its the Dreads!`
    Brent Elias

Its the Dreads!`
    Totally agreed! Manny gets some sort of crazy power from the hair. Although for my money you can't beat Joe Mauer, the Twins catcher. Even when the Twins suck, it's a joy to watch such beauty

Yeah, Joe has those sexy sideburns! I will have to go to a Sox/Twins game in May and see them both.

I cannot wait for all the games to start this Monday!

Heaven Forbid! No - just the one exhibition game. Regular season = Dodger Stadium.

I was 9-12 when the Dodgers played in the Coliseum, and was in many crowds of 70,000 or more, including the 2d largest ever - 92,000+ for the 5th game of the 1959 World Series. Largest ever was an exhibition with the Yankees that drew over 93,000.

Here is a great story on what you are talking about here affiliate hound. The left field fence is 251 FT away, with a 42 foot high fence. Even I could put one out!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...coliseum_N.htm
    Brent Elias

I cannot wait to see Jeter and the Yankees wipe the Sox off the bottoms of their shoes.

Besides, Jeter's way better to look at while working out than Manny is.

Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

I think in the next couple of years, Yankee fans will learn what a great manager Joe Torre was.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; March 29th, 2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: typo

Hey AffiliateHound,

This Yankees fan cried for weeks about Joe Torre heading to the Angels - he's simply a*m*a*z*i*n*g!

But we won't discount our team and are looking forward to seeing Joe Girardi who's been reviewed by Sports Illustrated to have built a great repoire with the team members, have a huge dose of energy, and he's introduced them all to the power of technology advances like instant stats on <gasp> a notebook too. It's going to be very interesting to see his impact.

You Dodgers fans are truly blessed though...Torre is the
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

7th inning of the Dodgers-BoSox exhibition game* at the LA Coliseum - charity event benefiting the Dodgers' Cancer research charity and commemorating Dodgers' 50th year in Los Angeles - attendance announced: 115,300.

*starring James Loney as Wally Moon

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I miss football
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

7th inning of the Dodgers-BoSox exhibition game* at the LA Coliseum - charity event benefiting the Dodgers' Cancer research charity and commemorating Dodgers' 50th year in Los Angeles - attendance announced: 115,300.

*starring James Loney as Wally Moon

WOWSERS. I cant believe they got 115,300 people together to watch a pre-season baseball game. it is great that they gave the ticket sales away for charity. An all around great move for the Dodger organization.
    Brent Elias

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast