How to improve page rank
    Hi,

i want to know how can i improve my sie page rank

my domain is newely register so please help me

ABW Ambassador
    get links in

look at your competition (other sites on the pages that you want to rank above); find their backlinks how many they have and their quality.

Make a *VERY* cool site.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Trust + Snib...

Make a *VERY* cool site to get links in.

I would say the biggest factor for PageRank is definitely backlinks to your site. I have personally tested this before, and can attest that this is the #1 contributing factor. Of course make sure your site is *VERY* cool as well

I must admit I am confused by these simple answers. Cool Site + Links in seems too easy. I heard from the shaking grapevine that pagerank isn't that important and that the all knowing google gods have found ways to the demise off all web and yet I still hear the same nearly decade old answer to seo Cool Site Plus Links.

I thought you had to sleep with someone

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Good quality, highly relevant links are the biggest key to good seo.

However, when you go try to get some, you'll soon realize how hard that is... but that they naturally come to sites with cool features, tools, members, etc.

Yeah, Cool Sites!

I feel I need to ask, is there anything new?

It was always cool site plus links and of course links from cool sites.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    And I would suggest link exhanges are not as strong as they used to be. Getting non reciprocal links to your site from other relevant sites, as Donuts suggests, is difficult and time consuming. There is no quick solution but its worth the effort!
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Heyder
    Yeah, Cool Sites!

I feel I need to ask, is there anything new?
    I think Google is giving more weight to frequency of updates. If many of your pages change daily and you add new pages constantly you'll have a better chance of ranking than a site that doesn't ever change. Google finally seems to be putting more emphasis on newer content.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

OP asked "How to improve page rank", the answer is definitely backlinks. Visitourmall is right, one way backlinks are better than reciprocal links. Not easy, but they can be attained with some creativity.

Now if we're talking about Google SERP rankings, that's a far more complicated question. He/she who finds the answer will be very wealthy (as long as he/she knows how to monetize his/her site). A lot of the suggestions above apply: quality of backlinks, frequency of updates, meta tags (yes meta tags), and of course "coolness" of you site

PageRank isn't as important as it used to be. Google uses several factors to determine your position in the SERPs.

High quality backlinks are essential, but good overall optimisation is useful. If you look at the SERPs carefully, you will notice that the ones at the top don't necessarily have the highest PageRank, other factors come in to play too.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

I agree with Dynamoo, PageRank is not as important as it used to be. This is why I made the differentiation between PageRank and SERP rankings in my previous post.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Don't kid yourself. I do not believe that Google shows PR the same as it used to. But I believe somewhere in their algo they are accurately ranking you. Just cause you can't see it or G isn't posting it the same doesn't mean its not there any more.

You still need to do all the things we used to in order to increase our PR. I believe we just won't see an accurate scoreboard but instead need to judge our effectiveness on SE placement for key terms instead.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

"we just won't see an accurate scoreboard "That is exactly what I've been hearing.

ABW Ambassador
    As far as page rank it is basically the simple answer, links. That's just talking about PR. And of course quality, one way links from good sites are better.

Ultimately it's about traffic. I've had PR go down, while my traffic went up.

I don't think it's as accurate as before but I still think it plays some part. I mean, there's not many established, authority sites with only a PR 1,2,3, usually they're higher. And that's because they usually have a lot more links. And the cool, good quality sites usually do. And your site could be cool and good but it's new and it takes some time to get those links in. You could say what you want about PR but the PR 7, 8, 9, 10 are usually quality, established sites.

Work on the following factors
    Backlinks using relevant anchor tags
    Frequent site updates
    Unique content

And one thing that is out of your control site age
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread