Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Buckeye Affiliate Marketing Dinner
    Have been thinking about this for a while. How about a dinner / get together for those of us in Ohio?

Nothing formalized at this point. Just looking for interest / suggestions. Since we're from all over the state I'd say meet in Columbus so that it's centrally located to everyone.

What: Dinner along with some networking and discussion.
    When: I'm looking at Saturday April 12th around 7pmish.
    Where: Columbus Ohio area - Restaurant to be determined.
    Who: Affiliate Marketers, Merchants, Program Managers and OPMs in Ohio. Or if you are in a surrounding state and want to jump on I-70, I-75 or I-71 go for it.

I think doing it on a Saturday gives more flexibility to those who have j*bs or spouses that do. As well as making it possible to take more time getting there or leaving.

Please post a reply here with your suggestions. As I said, it's just a thought right now.

Hmmm... about 3 hours away. I'll have to think about it. Actually I have a friend out in Columbus who flies for NetJets so it might be a good time to stop in and see him too.

-sfcom

sfcom,
    Hope you can make it, would love to meet you. I figured Columbus is only a 2 or 3 hour drive on a spring afternoon / evening for a lot of people who are from out of state. Maybe people can make a weekend out of it by spending the night before going back home on Sunday.

I'll put you down as a definite maybe.

Would love to do it but I'm working on the 12th. I am a mobile disc jockey in my other life.

Affiliate Manager
    I'm in...let me know if we can help in any way. We're in Columbus so I can do some of the leg work if needed.

Bob

I would like to network with other Columbus Ohio affiliate managers. Please do let me know if anything is solidified. Personally for me, April 12th is not a good date, but I am open to whatever is best for everyone.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcpeck
    Would love to do it but I'm working on the 12th. I am a mobile disc jockey in my other life.
    Ohhhh, and you're so close too! I'm sure this is a busy time of the year for you. Maybe if we do it again this summer you'll be able to clear an evening.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drumm
    I'm in...let me know if we can help in any way. We're in Columbus so I can do some of the leg work if needed.

Bob
    Bob,
    Great, Thanks! It's been years since I've spent much time in Franklin county. Was thinking about maybe something around Easton but not sure what is over there anymore.

I'll give you a call next week to discuss this more.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    Bob,
    Great, Thanks! It's been years since I've spent much time in Franklin county. Was thinking about maybe something around Easton but not sure what is over there anymore.

I'll give you a call next week to discuss this more.
    Sounds like a plan. I'm in the office 10-6 but I'll be out this Monday (Reds Opening Day woo hoo).

Look forward to talking to you.

Bob

Count us in for a Maybe. We are in Indiana, however, we visit the inlaws in north eastern Ohio quite a bit, and by then we might be due for a visit.
    KK

Kristen... maybe... check!

Also, if that is a bad date, tell me what works better.... Weekday / Weekend or move it to May if that makes it better to give more time for scheduling conflicts.
    Nothing written in stone here.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Outsourced Program Manager Bryan Rhodes's Avatar
    I'm in Michigan but have friends in Ohio. I'd make the trip down if there is an event.

Ok, here's an update! Robert Drumm and I have been discussing this and he's come up with a few places that would work. But we need a head count so we don't choose a location that is too small or too large.

Now that we're a little closer to April 12th, hopefully everyones schedule is clearer. Please let us know if you are able to make it to the Columbus Ohio area for our first Ohio Affiliate dinner and how many will be with you.

Once we have a number for how many we can post the final restaurant choice and directions.

Thanks!
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Posting to remind myself to give you an answer soon. I would only be bringing myself, so I don't think it makes much of a difference either way. I really want to come out and meet up. Not positive that I can just yet though. If you don't hear back from me by the end of the weekend, please PM me.

Thanks,

-sfcom

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Hmmm. I'm a maybe. Several hours away, but it's always fun to meet ABWers.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I am sorry, but I am unable to attend. If you have another one in the future, please let me know. I hope that everyone has a great time and a wonderful dinner.

-sfcom

We've got a place and time!
    What: Dinner along with some networking and discussion.
    When: Saturday April 12th 6pm.
    Where: Grand View Cafe 1455 W 3rd Ave, Columbus, OH 43212
    Who: Affiliate Marketers, Merchants, Program Managers and OPMs in Ohio. Or if you are in a surrounding state and want to jump on I-70, I-75 or I-71 go for it.

Please pm or post here if you are able to make it! We're looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Interested in hearing how this went. I hope everyone had/is having a great time.

-sfcom

Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    Interested in hearing how this went. I hope everyone had/is having a great time.

-sfcom
    I can only speak for myself, of course. But I'd say it was a rousing success!

I took away some great information about the issues affiliate managers and merchants have. I got some great incite about interaction with merchants and managers.

It was nice to sit quietly and discuss the business face to face. As opposed to over the phone where expressions are missed and one sided distractions are too easy to disturb the flow of the conversation.

Plans are being made for the next get together, so keep an eye out for a date and place this summer.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Sounds great...

I thought about all of you while I was working!

So sorry we missed this one We tried to change some things around for Saturday but couldn't do it. I hope we can make the next one.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

kyle, you were missed. I know I mentioned the guy in zanesville a couple times.

Greg, we figured you were interested but with the new grand baby probably didn't have enough time to get down. Is Jr. back to work yet? You've got programs to launch! I'll give you a call in a week or two about an idea that was/is being formulated.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Anytime someone wants to get together let me know. I'd love to commiserate with others who understand this business!

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    kyle, you were missed. I know I mentioned the guy in zanesville a couple times.

Greg, we figured you were interested but with the new grand baby probably didn't have enough time to get down. Is Jr. back to work yet? You've got programs to launch! I'll give you a call in a week or two about an idea that was/is being formulated.
    Yeah Greg Jr. has been working on a bunch of new banners for some programs. Have a new program coming online soon, we need to build this one since they don't have a program yet. Looking forward to your call buddy or shoot me your phone and when to call and I'll pay for the call.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

We are due back in Ohio sometime in May and probably every month through the summer. Complications in my pregnancy kept me home last weekend, but will hopefully be able to make it to the next one!

So sorry I couldn't make it and hope you all had a blast!
    KK

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast