ABW Ambassador
    Anybody have any experience with them? They have long distance, internet service, calling cards etc. You act as an independent rep, and get a co-branded site to link too. Was thinking of trying it out.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

ABW Ambassador
    For the record I hate MLMs.

I do have a friend that participates in the program and he does quite well- I have seen some pretty decent checks of his with my own eyes. (Otherwise I would not have believed it- I detest MLM that much.)

I have used their service in the past and the savings on my phone bill were very good. The customer service was nice too.

As for the biz opportunity- long distance is a dog-eat-dog world.

regards,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Get a free two-week trial use code ABWEB at RevTrends.com

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Wayne, i hate mlms myself, i wasn't looking at it so much for recruiting but just linking to it from my site, maybe selling a long distance plan or some calling cards. I wasn't planning on spending too much time on it, just a simple link that my normal site visitors might check out.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

ABW Ambassador
    Trust,
    I'm one of those that falls into the category of hating MLM's. I've seen many people get ripped off by paying out a lot of money for a business opportunity that never came to light.

On that note, I tend to view Cognigen more as a affiliate style then MLM. I do quite well with them and often times get bigger checks from them than I do CJ and BeFree combined. We do a lot with businesses anyhow, and it is an offering we have. I don't push it with sales pitches, etc. I just mention 'By the way, we also have this....' Web Hosting comes first and I wouldn't want to alientate my customers with sales pitches, etc.

Since there is no cost to join, you should probably consider looking into it. Worst case, you'll save yourself some money if you use your own services.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

ABW Ambassador
    I, too, am a Cognigen agent & I've incorporated parts of their branded site into my telecom site, FreeCallz.com. While I haven't put enough time and effort into it to receive huge checks, it's definitely been worth it. Especially considering there's not cost to join, which makes it unlike most MLM's.
    I also use several of the services, namely OPEX, and am very satisfied, as are my parents and friends who also use that service...

FreeCallz.com

Cognigen is a great solid company that has a variety of different services for customers to choose from. I have customers worldwide. As THMedia pointed out - it really has more of an affiliate style to it rather than a traditional MLM.

The funny thing is that probably 99% of the people here could save money on their phone bill by utilizing one of Cognigen's various service. However, because of MLM prejudice, people aren't often open to even looking.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org
    www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

I like Cognigen. They are the only telecom company that I promote. Their prices are excellent especially for long distance, calling cards, 1-800#'s etc. I sell a lot of calling cards and quite a few long distance plans so I know that these services do convert quite well. I haven't really followed up on the multi-level aspect of the business, but you can earn some nice bonuses with that part of the business. I personally have nothing against MLM or network marketing as long as their are products behind the company, which is the case here with Cognigen.

Ditto the above sentiments.

I'm working Cognigen more as a true affiliate program than that forbidden acronym here. Of course, I also work it offline as well.

The majority of the products/services are very competitive, tracking and notification of sales is good, they pay when they're supposed to, and add new offerings consistently.

The only gripe I have thus far is that they use InPhonic for their cell phone services, and I've seen too many issues with them. So I use different wireless affiliate programs.

Last I checked, a good portion of high ranking telecom sites were either solely focused on them or at least had them mixed in with their offerings.

Definitely worth a look, so good luck.

Chris B.

<b>"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious."---Vince Lombardi</b>

Hi Guys, All I can say is "COGNIGEN NETWORKS Inc" for life. I have been with Cognigen since the early 2000 and get a nice check from them. YES! they do offer InPhonic, not sure why people are addressing issues with InPhonic, I have great success with them so far, I guess I'll just keep my eyes open for any changes, I know like all companies today they did go thru a problem state and then made changes, that's why I went with InPhonic directly.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Hey Guys, One word for anybody looking to save on Long Distance. CAPSULE I live in the NJ area and said a while back cya to AT&T.. I love Capsule, cracks me up how much I save every month... Not even IDT can touch em. Shame they don't market on tv like they do with IDT and all those stressed out actors they have.

[affiliate links are a violation of ABW TOS]

[This message was edited by Adam Ward on July 29, 2003 at 10:02 AM.]

First, add me to the list of "I hate MLM's but not Cognigen," they have a good reputation and are a good company. I have been with them for three years.

The thread was going well, no one was crass enough to post their Congnigen info until GOWIRELESS posted his SPAM. This is one of the reasons that MLM's are a no no here at ABW.

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."Your talent in the local beauty pageant was making noises with your armpit"

Been with Cognigen for a few years now. Work it strictly as an affiliate. I do very well with it. Company has good support. Just be aware that there ARE a lot of MLM'ers with the program - but there are quite a few of us affiliate style guys. We just tend to stick to ourselves .

As for Gowireless re inphonic:

"I know like all companies today they did go thru a problem state and then made changes, that's why I went with InPhonic directly."

I was with inphonic for over a year and was selling one phone for every 2000 uniques. I don't focus on cell phones so I just left it until a friend posed another program to me. I switched and within two weeks I was up to 1 in 100 on applications. That isn't a little problem in my eyes. I am friends with several other hardcore affiliates who have the same opinions on inphonic.

Anyway, to people considering Cognigen... the core services are great and sell well. Good quality too.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm a Cognigen stockholder and spent time on the phone yesterday with KEA.

Most agents that are making good money think of Cognigen as an affiliate program.

Long Distance rates and related services are great.

As for their cellular phone offering, all I can say is InPhonic reporting is less than I will accept.
    I've also been with InPhonic direct.

The CogniWorld 3.49 cpm rate should be considered by all.

[note that the new rate is not reflected on most agents sites]

Buy Online, Sorry I just joined the forum a few days ago, I was unaware of how you shouldn't post any info,links, etc. I just felt I could help with good LD Rates. Furthermore if you like Cognigen, Cognigen supports Capsule, so why not support them?

Sorry I'll read the rules now..
    Like I said I'm new and like you I know,
    I hate spam to..

Sorry bout that guy.

Kevin

Hi Audrey or anybody else, Does anybody use the platinum end of Cognigen with the platinum site they offer?

Just wondering
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Adam, Audrey, Etc... I apologize for listing a link on the forum, I read the rules now and I will obey, I was just anxious to get in the conversation.

Once again,
    My Apologies

Kevin-Go Wireless

Thank you GOWIRELESS, most appreciated.

In answer to other comments - In a way Cognigen IS an affiliate program, if one is simply talking about sales of product/services. And might even warrant more discussion here (even though I don't think it would fly.)

It's the recruitment aspect that is so distasteful to many, and of course the posting of links.

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."Your talent in the local beauty pageant was making noises with your armpit"

The platinum site is USELESS for an affiliate marketer. Utterly useless.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread