How do you guys stop Spam in your inbox?
    Lately Im getting about 400 a day and its getting worse.
    I need a way to get rid of the garbage and keep the real emails coming through. Because I put this email on my business cars so I cant change it.

My last resport will be to use SpamArrest because its the only thing I know. But Thats a last resport because its slow and doesnt have many features.

Thanks for any advice.

Consider signing up for Google Apps for your domain. $50/year/email address and using their email system. You can still use Outlook or whatever else you use. But push it through their system. They get more spam than everybody on this board combined so I'd image their filter rules have got to be great.

I have yet to see a better spam stopping system than google. I honestly cannot remember seeing a spam in months.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Go to the top of the page and search for Tucek and you will have a spam remedy that you can use on your sites with any email addresses you have. I use it and have been spam free across all my sites for years. Anyone can send me an email just by clicking a link, nothing complicated to set up or use and its free.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    I have recommended Cloudmark many times here. Works like a charm for me.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

I don't bother. Apple's Mail app does a good job of sticking junk mail in it's own folder, and that's enough for me. I actually need the spam for a book project I'm working on
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I'm running several accounts through my Gmail accounts now to filter spam. You can have Gmail check up to 5 accounts through your web Gmail account. It works like a charm and I'm very happy with it so far.

I tried local spam filters but the big problem was the spam emails still triggered an alert for new mail. Being in this biz, I usually will check to see what new mail came in to see if it's urgent. Interrupting my work for a hundreds of spam emails was taking a serious drain on productivity. The choices were, stop checking so often (can't do that) or find a better solution to filter spam before it gets to my laptop. Gmail takes care of that, and quite nicely too.

Good luck with this.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

We use mxlogic for filtering.
    Respectfully,

John

----------------------------------------------
    work = Initiate Demand
    passion = Global Ground Work

Affiliate Manager
    My ISP recently added greylisting: http://greylisting.org/

Overnight, my spam volume dropped by more than 90%. Good filters take care of most of the rest. Considering that my email address has been widely published online for more than a decade, the relatively small amount of spam that slips through greylisting is amazing.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I also use Gmail. I have my domains email forwarded to it.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Yesterday a top affiliate mentioned POPfile, I have installed on two machines. It is free and has some setup steps you have to work through. You have to train it but he claims that it filters 99.9%.

Check out woomail.com promises to stop spam, service is geared towards kids though.

We use SpamAssassin now, and have used SpamBayes in the past. I have found that an Bayesian filter (I think Apple Mail uses one) works pretty well.

That said, I know a lot of people moving over to using GMail to filter their mail for them. It's free and works pretty well. What I have not seen is will doing this cause your outgoing mail to score higher on the spam scale because the outgoing headers are forged (uses your email address instead of gmail.com)?
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    SpamAssassin for me. With the spambox enabled, I only get a couple a day, from what seems to be one person who has figured out how to consistently beat it.

But if you deal with any place that does a lot of emailing, you'll have to whitelist them to let their ads/newsletters through. It seems that a lot of people must mark their stuff spam instead of unsubscribing.

Other than that I don't remember any false positives.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Use Outlook and set your own filters. Gmail's junk filter (same with Hot, Yahoo and the rest) is far from foolproof and will end up eating important email. I've created my own filters in Outlook and cut my junk mail in half with extremely few accidental deletions of real mail.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcwaller
    What I have not seen is will doing this cause your outgoing mail to score higher on the spam scale because the outgoing headers are forged (uses your email address instead of gmail.com)?
    On a lot of places I send email to it says sent on behalf of MYDOMAIN and the outgoing address is MYGMAIL @ Gmail.com

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread