How do I know what's the best niche to do?
    I have 4 niches in front of me that I want to work in. They all appeal to generally the same demographic. And I actually like all 4 of them.
    How do I know which one has the best profit potential?
    How do you guys research a niche?

I just spent 2 years working on a site that did just OK, but never took off. The market for it was very small and hard to reach. I worked so hard on it and obsessed on it 24/7, so Im mad at myself feeling like I wasted that time and didnt research it better.
    I dont want to make the same mistake again.

Now I want to do something that has a much bigger chance at success if I work hard on it.
    I dont know which one to choose.
    And no I cant do then all at the same time ;-) I really work the sites and dont just build and forget.

thanks in advance for any tips or advice.

I guess the usual research is about all you can do.

keywords
    market analysis
    repeat business (can you build a customer list)
    expenses
    profit potential

I believe the best affiliate website is one where you can continue to draw that same customer back to your site for repeat business. Why work on getting new customers all the time when you can build a base and add onto that base with the newbies?

Don't forget level of competition. Heyder's list is a great start, but also consider if you will be able to compete with what's already in the space using the marketing methods you know.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

http and a telephoto
    In addition, pick the one you are the most passionate about, have the most knowledge about, and won't mind working on for hours and hours.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I won't bother w/ a niche if there's the possibility I won't be interested in the subject after a short while. If it doesn't hold my interest long enough, I won't put in the effort and it won't hold the interest of anyone else. I go after my interest first, and find a way to monetize it. I'll make far more that way than the other!
    Hi, I'm a signature.

The people that pick something they are truely interested in seem to be more on the artistic and creative side imo. Their passion is in the work they do regardless of the monatary gain. I myself am of a different nature. I will make a site I could care less of the subject but am thrilled by the end result. A good example I"ve always dabbled in has been insurance and finance affiliate programs simply because they pay more for their leads than most other programs. I also don't care about shoes but have sold hundreds of women's shoes etc.

http and a telephoto
    Heyder, then your passion is creating sites that sell well You just need to be able to build sites that will hold your attention, as stated. That doesn't mean you have to love the topic, it means you have to not get bored with it.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Marc,
    You could always rank your four interests and just make those sites in order. Once you finish one, move on to the next.

You could start with the one you think has the most "low-hanging fruit", meaning quick returns, even if it's not the biggest. Then when that one is going, you could start on idea #2, etc.

Alternatively, you could work on a few of them at once, see which one gets the best response, and then let the market decide for you which one is worth your time more than the others.
    [URL=http://themoneyforums.com]The Money Forums[/URL]

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread