What does it take For a Merchant to have good sales in CJ?
    I would like to know the important points which could help a merchant to boost sales. Paying the minimum monthly fee of $500 is at times difficult when you know you didn't have good sales. How do we tackle this problem? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

If you are having difficulty meeting the minimum, you might want to consider moving over to Shareasale. Even if you can't move because your contract date is too far in advance to do so, you might consider SAS as a duplicate network to help boost your sales. Their monthly minimum is a fraction of what CJ's is.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    It might benefit you to reach out to some of your publishers that aren't performing and offer them some best practices. Maybe they just don't know how to place their links to convert.

Also check out competitors programs and offers - maybe your offer isn't competitive enough. Just a couple of things to look at.

Get search affiliates & coupon affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by emma07
    I would like to know the important points which could help a merchant to boost sales. Paying the minimum monthly fee of $500 is at times difficult when you know you didn't have good sales. How do we tackle this problem? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    I guess the first question I'd have to ask is how do sales from other marketing channels compare? I wouldn't expect AM to provide any increase in conversions than your other channels. If AM is converting at or above your other channels or if AM is your only channel then you need to take a look at your overall site conversions and how to improve that aspect of your business.

If AM is your only marketing channel then that is a whole separate issue. AM should be a supplement to your organizations marketing, not your entire marketing strategy.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

How often are you in contact with your affiliates? Do you offer affiliates any promotions?

If split the off-topic Avoid Coupon Sites Like The Plague conversation into a separate thread.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread