Ebay / CJ PID ???
    April 1st is coming soon and eBay will be taking over CJ's role in the affiliate arena - does anyone know about our PID #'s and if they'll be changed for ebay?
    Or what will take place?

Need to know, asap. Thanks for the help, guys. Mike

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, you're going to have to change them out since they're not going to be on CJ anymore, you can't use CJ tracking ids. So on April 1, when they launch and you can sign up, you're going to have to change out links. Read this thread which has some links and examples or check out the forum on ebay's site:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=102731

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Yes, you're going to have to change them out since they're not going to be on CJ anymore, you can't use CJ tracking ids. So on April 1, when they launch and you can sign up, you're going to have to change out links. Read this thread which has some links and examples or check out the forum on ebay's site:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=102731
    Quick answer! Much thanks.............can't wait and I hope it's a smooth transition.

You know, I've been thinking about this, and am wondering. If eBay owns the urls that the links are going through now, why can't we just sign up for eBay, and in the process provide our CJ number and then they can use that number to match us up?

This is going to be a lot of work for me as I'm pretty sure I have close to 20,000 links to eBay on my site.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    You know, I've been thinking about this, and am wondering. If eBay owns the urls that the links are going through now, why can't we just sign up for eBay, and in the process provide our CJ number and then they can use that number to match us up?

This is going to be a lot of work for me as I'm pretty sure I have close to 20,000 links to eBay on my site.
    I would think it will be a simple formula to switch them out. That is what I am hoping for. Maybe they will even pass some of the savings they are getting from leaving CJ on to us?

My understanding is that ebay links on CJ will continue to operate throughout April. We have the month of April to sign up and switchover to the EPN (sounds like a bad TV network).

So tomorrow our links aren't going to suddenly stop working and will continue tracking and being paid through CJ. That is why ebay is offering a 5% bonus to get you to switchover to the EPN as quickly as possible.

At least that is my understanding so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy

Wow! You will have a lot of work. Fortunately there will be a month do complete it before CJ is totally out of the picture. Our eBay links are in ASP template files so we'll have just three pages to edit.

X

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread