Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Any Stock Pickers Out There?
    I have always been a fairly aggressive investor. The recent downturn and economic news has created opportunities that look outstanding.

Any of you active investors? Any care to share your thoughts on the market and specific stocks?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

My pic for the day is NASDAQ:VRTX I also like the ideas at CEGE although they have yet to make their ideas really take off.

You pick VRTX because of today's move or other reasons? Nice rally in that stock today of course.

ABW Ambassador

Cramer is awesome

I never heard of VRTX before today but reading their info was quite interesting and sounds promissing. Their rally didn't go too far today. Seems they've topped off and are coming down a little. I think waiting a week or month for the excitement to die down and then buying might be a good idea.

I really like cege myself and have been watching them for six months or more. They've got some experiments going on that are very awesome imo but pharm stocks are live or die based on the end results.

Tech and Financial are taking a beating and the outlook is bad. I listen to CNBC all day long and everyone is saying Energy stocks are they way to go.

DUK, anyone?
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

Which means Tech and Financial are probably the way to go rather than Energy.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

UA - UnderArmour
    Get it while it is down.
    My plumber was talking about it, I got it low and I know it is going back up again.

I think banks, brokerage houses such as Merrill have huge upside.

I read an interview with the president of Costco (COST) the other day. I was so impressed with him I bought their stock. Interesting company.

Health Care is going to be a gold mine in the coming year or two. It is very likely that Democrats will take office and whoever is elected has a giant Health Care plan on their agenda. The Insurance companies will almost definitely be integrated into all of these federal programs. Business will be even better than it is now for the HealthCare industry.

Cramer has made me more money when I watch him break his own rules which happens often. I have read all his books and its been fun watching him every night.

ESRX has been a top performer in my portfolio. I've had it for many years and it has been a steady performer.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Valueclick (VCLK) is a tremendous buy at the current prices - it also likely could be bought out within the next couple of months IMO (Microsoft, Yahoo & AOL are my top buyout candidates for Valueclick). Buyout rumors always send VCLK up a few points rapidly as well.

EWT - Taiwan ETF - Recent Taiwan election is good news for their economy and relations with mainland China. I see a lot of money going here.

EWZ - Brazil ETF (Go Brazil!) - We are up 100% on this one in the last year and half - it's ready for another breakout run IMO.

Vale (RIO) is another Brazilian favorite of mine and bought in at $30.60 last week (closed at $34.29 today). I had wanted to get in on this one for a long time and was waiting for a good entry point.

ESLR - Solar company I have bought and sold several times over the last couple of years with nice % increases each time - (I just rebought last week at lucky $7.77. It closed at $9.09 today but was at a daily high of $9.73). Very bouncy stock!

ACTU is another stock that we have had a few times in the last 2 years. Price is very attractive at the moment. I need to do some portfolio shifting so that I can have soom moolah to rebuy - hopefully next week some time. They are an application software company - current price is $4.38 with a $7 price target.

I sold our GOOG last week after having it since right after IPO. I may look at them if they fall below $400 but I view their Adsense business as vulnerable (they are evil anyway). A Yahoo/MSFT merger will cause GOOG stock price to decline. Yahoo and/or Microsoft also may release their adsense competion to the general webmaster public this summer IMO.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href="http://twitter.com/LarryWentz">Twitter.com/LarryWentz</a>

Cramer has good intentions but encourages too much short term in and out investing, which in my mind is gambling and my religion forbids gambling, and, therefore, I waste my time here at ABW rather than daytrading like I used to do before joining my religion where I used to lose a whole bunch of money which caused me to pray for an answer and the answer came in the form of an angel speaking to me in Vegas after a night of hard drinking, dancing and smoking illegal substainces, all which were considered OK with my old religion and then I had to change my ways. So now I just sit here alot and wish I could be a daytrader again and not an affiliate marketer because I miss watching Cramer and I miss making money and I miss thinking that investing money could make me more money someday. But if I were to invest in one stock today it would be Bear Stearns.

I used to have a bunch of Exxon/Mobil stock that was doing extremely well for me.

But when gas jumped to $80 a barrel, I had to sell it all to fill up the Tahoe.

Oh the irony!

When oil hit $90, I had to sell my Halliburton too.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread