Looking for Fantasy Sports Affiliate Programs
    I used to be an affiliate for CDM Sports to promote their fantasy baseball programs but the program died last year when Fanball took over. I just applied for HeySportsFans, but I can't find any others.

Any ideas?

Jeez. Of the top of my head, I don't know of any. It's a great vertical though. Some have to be out there. Does Yahoo or SportingNews/Smallworld have one?
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador

I need to have Trust teach me how to use Google some day. Although I have figured out how to find Scarlett Johannson images.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Thanks, I did Google for it earlier but didn't find any major fantasy networks. I did find that USA Today has a CJ program for its Sports Weekly newspaper. That is helpful, but I was hoping to find a program for Yahoo or CBS Sports, some of the major players in the fantasy niche.

Its that time of year again and I'm still looking for a major fantasy program to promote as an affiliate, specifically Baseball. I had no luck last year finding a big one. In fact, my blog ranks on page one of Google looking for this type of program.

Roger Snow and I had a small time fantasy program sniffing around affiliate marketing last fall but I don't think they every started it.

Any new ideas?

Mostly the programs are now FREE to play ... the sponsors pay for them with CPM Advertising ... Sportingnews has one where you pay but I don't think they have an affiliate program ... ESPN is FREE but they want you to pay for their comments and
    daily info.

Yahoo had a program, but I don't see it listed in their affiliate program. I think Dime Sports had one last year, but I don't know about now.

Keep looking ... We have a whole month before the season starts, so I would expect to see some pop up before April.

I'm very interested in this vertical as well. I know that rotohog and heysportsfans have one, but not any major ones. I'm still pretty new to this but would love to hear if you find anything.

My two cents would be to try promoting other merchants related to fantasy sports like software that makes it easier to keep track of all the players or directtv because fantasy players will probably want to watch all the games.

At ASE08 in Boston, I briefly chatted with someone from SportsBuff.com at lunch about their affiliate program. It's run through the ShareResults network, and I actually found their program announcement at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=107684 .

I play a lot of fantasy sports. Most of the leagues I enter are free or a very small fee to set up an entire league. There is a fair amount of beer and other CPM ads being shown during the season.

I agree that the best chance of making money in this niche is with selling specialized info products. I'm not sure how many people would be willing to pay for a subscription to good information (because there already is so much available for free), but if there was a free trial and top notch information, then I could see it working. However, I think right now, info sources make more money off ads by giving the information away for free so trying to sell subscriptions might not do as well.

If you want to get into an up and coming fantasy sport. Try fishing. I know it sounds weird, but right now there is a league (I forget what it is called) where the top winners win more money than the fisherman.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread