Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    TSA Goes Too Far
    37-year-old woman made to remove nipple rings with pliers before screeners would let her board flight: story/video
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    Jeez. Also saw a link on the page you linked to:

3 Female Teachers Charged With Having Sex With Students

all in the Tampa area

http://www.knbc.com/news/15713803/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by Trust

all in the Tampa area

how'd I miss that one?
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

37-year-old woman made to remove nipple rings with pliers before screeners would let her board flight:
    That sound stupid by TSA.

So if instead of nipple rings she had a pacemaker, then what?

Or metal screws on any of the joints?

People with metal joints fly all the time... No problem...

People with pacemakers fly all the time.. No problem...

People with piercings fly all the time.. After they take them out.. No problem..

I've never flown a day in my life, so I honestly don't know...... are people allowed to wear jewelry when they fly now? Or do they have to pack items like that away?

How truly bizarre. I think they were just ending a short coverage of this on "Today Show" when I turned it on. Just caught the last few seconds and wondered what in the world they were doing with that store mannikin (sp?) and the pliers??
    Generate more fake news.

TSA is an unorganized, arbitrary mess that exists to give us the illusion of safety. It's an utterly pointless organization, and people working for it are always defining new lows in human behavior.

The so-called "rules" and "laws" vary by airport. How sensible is that? In Las Vegas, after security, right next to your gate, in the gift shop, YOU CAN BUY A CIGARETTE LIGHTER. What the hell? You have to leave yours outside the airport, but once you get in, you can buy another???

TSA needs to be abolished.

/rant
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I was allowed to fly out for Reagan International but when I tried to return to the DC area from Denver, I was stopped because my name had been misspelled on my ticket. Two letters had been reversed, an obvious typo. Mind you, the same ticket information that I was allowed to board in DC with. So I got pulled out and had to endure a search behind a screen. They scanned my bag and told me that they had found "gunpowder residue" on the bag. Yeah, right.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Heard the TSA is still hiring, guess this is part of the "perks" they offer.

Free pliers too!

15 years and counting
    Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    TSA is an unorganized, arbitrary mess that exists to give us the illusion of safety. It's an utterly pointless organization, and people working for it are always defining new lows in human behavior.

The so-called "rules" and "laws" vary by airport. How sensible is that? In Las Vegas, after security, right next to your gate, in the gift shop, YOU CAN BUY A CIGARETTE LIGHTER. What the hell? You have to leave yours outside the airport, but once you get in, you can buy another???

TSA needs to be abolished.

/rant
    I can't agree more. They are just helping the terrorists to scare the honest people.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I flew quite a lot within the last 12 months.

Some TSA people are messed up but most are OK. There are some that will go on a power trip and you are at their mercy.

Affiliate Manager
    Funny that you say that...the last 3 times I've flown I've had a lighter with me. Didn't get stopped, searched, or anything.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I was stopped once and yelled at for having a liquid in my carry on. I didn't have any liquids in my carry on but the lady kept saying they detected it so she searched and searched my bag while yelling that people like me make it hard to go through airports.

Turns out there was no liquid. No apology either. What a way to end my honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drumm
    Funny that you say that...the last 3 times I've flown I've had a lighter with me. Didn't get stopped, searched, or anything.
    That's good to know!

Because if and when I ever get on an airplane again before I quit smoking, I sure would like to be able to lightup right after I get out of the plane.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    That's good to know!

Because if and when I ever get on an airplane again before I quit smoking, I sure would like to be able to lightup right after I get out of the plane.
    I think the key is to have a laptop with you. They're so busy trying to break the computer that they pay no attention to other potential violations.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    They hate you because of your freedom to travel with your nipple clamps on.

I feel sorry for the guy that has to remove his Prince Albert......or visually inspect it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    How truly bizarre. I think they were just ending a short coverage of this on "Today Show" when I turned it on. Just caught the last few seconds and wondered what in the world they were doing with that store mannikin (sp?) and the pliers??
    The mannikin with the bra and the nipples rings on it, the pliers: Lights, camera, action, !

Maybe I am wrong.

But today, after 20 hrs since the first time I heard that news until now, I forgot how many more times I have seen that video through every channel on TV.

I am beginning to think that there may be something fihy with that story.

For someone that said that was embarrassed for what happened on that airport, and with just those airport screeners, to come-on to be one of the top stories of the day, and to do a demostration on national television of how those pliers were used to remove those nipples rings without feeling embarrass again, I think all that early cry was just a setup in order to milk someone for money later.

I also hear on the news that there was a navel-ring too, but that the navel-ring didn't trip any alarm.

I no longer care about that (not so embarrassed) story, but I wouldn't doubt if a few months it surface again, with a new headline like the one about the NY guy, wanting millions from the dry cleaning place.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Gloria Allred is all over this one - she'll make sure it's in the news for days.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I know our society has always had evil, despite better appearances, but I don't believe it was this bad 40 years ago. Kids and teens have always gotten a "crush" on some older person, but this was never an invitation to this type of activity, as it seems to be at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust

all in the Tampa area

This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

I don't buy that. There were just fewer reported cases of it, that's all. Much like teen pregnancy, drug use, and any other of the world-threatening social ills that have "suddenly" started appearing. Pregnant girls used to get shipped out to "the farm" or "their cousin's house" for a few months, now they get put on Jerry Springer and Montel. We get unwed teen mothers on Springer facing a row of 12 guys going through a paternity test to find out "who tha baby daddy is".

What's changed is that we've lost our sense of shame. Nothing embarrasses people anymore.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

What's changed is that we've lost our sense of shame. Nothing embarrasses people anymore.
    People do not care about being embarrassed when they are offerred their 15 minutes of fame plus $$$ to brag about their behavior. 99% of the lawyers who could have handled the nipple ring case would do it in a professional manner and let the legal system address the problem. My old classmate Gloria Allred tries her cases in the media, with gimmicks like the mannequin, regardless of the embarrassment to the injured party.

I think it also has to do with the fact that people believe they are 'owed' something for everything nowadays.

They are owed apology because someone over them followed the rules.
    They are owed money because they were embarrassed.

In addition people do things out of the ordinary and believe they have the same rights as everybody else. You pierced your damn nipple. Don't expect to be treated in a metal detector as someone who did not pierce their nipple. This really gets my goat when it comes to things 'prisoner rights' and 'aviation passenger rights'.

If people would get over their egos and their 'right to have' I think we'd be a helluva lot better off.

Somewhat related: I was playing poker last night with the guys. I had some great hands. Sometimes they won. Sometimes someone beat me. But because he beat me or outbet making me fold my cards does not mean I am owed anything.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast