Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Unhappy Is My Dilemma Easily Fixable?
    I signed up with LS, CJ, SAS, and Performics identifying my website-A. I was approved for merchants on each of those programs using my website-A. Six months later, I created website-B. The content for website-A and website-B is pretty much the same. I want to go forward with website-B and either shutdown website-A or change it to something different. I suspect that having 2 websites with very similar content is not doing me any favors with the SE's.

I clearly have a problem to deal with. Is there any chance of swapping website-A with website-B as the main website in LS, CJ, SAS, and Performics without having everyone of the merchants (hundreds) I have joined drop me and re-evaluate me with website-B?

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Seymour, I have about a dozen sites and one listed with the major networks is the least affiliate marketing oriented. I have never had an issue.

If the first two sites are so similar and you plan to shut down site A why not keep the domain and use a permanent redirect?
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    I signed up with LS, CJ, SAS, and Performics identifying my website-A. I was approved for merchants on each of those programs using my website-A. Six months later, I created website-B. The content for website-A and website-B is pretty much the same. I want to go forward with website-B and either shutdown website-A or change it to something different. I suspect that having 2 websites with very similar content is not doing me any favors with the SE's.

I clearly have a problem to deal with. Is there any chance of swapping website-A with website-B as the main website in LS, CJ, SAS, and Performics without having everyone of the merchants (hundreds) I have joined drop me and re-evaluate me with website-B?
    Unless website B is an incentive site no one will know you changed out your main site. There isn't a notice sent to merchants if you changed out your web url. At least not for CJ or SAS. I don't work with any LS or PF merchants at the moment.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I have one website listed in the networks. I have more sites than I can count on two hands. It's never been a problem.

This is good news. Now I just need to decide what to do with website-A. I could do a permanent re-direct as suggested by visitourmall or transform the site into "advanced cow tipping" or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by seymourbutts
    Is there any chance of swapping website-A with website-B as the main website in LS, CJ, SAS, and
    I contacted CJ with that very issue a couple of weeks ago and they said there is no way in their system. My experience is that having cull sites listed with the networks will increase your rejection rate. Sometimes they don't drill down to see the one you would want.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    I contacted CJ with that very issue a couple of weeks ago and they said there is no way in their system. My experience is that having cull sites listed with the networks will increase your rejection rate. Sometimes they don't drill down to see the one you would want.
    cull?

CJ said there is no way to change websites?

cull?
    To my knowledge there is no requirement with any network to have all your sites listed. I'm keeping it to a minimum with all networks. With Performics I had 2 and deleted one the other day.

I just plan on listing my new main website and that's it.

ABW Ambassador
    So as far as main sites, I guess the one merchants see first when applying:

Shareasale - you can easily pick which is your main website and switch it whenever you want and list additional sites if you so choose.

Performics - I called them to switch it.

CJ - Doesn't look like you can

Linkshare - I only have a handful of sites and made a channel for 2 of my main sites, one channel for each site. And once accepted you can pretty much use links wherever.

So I think SAS has the best setup as far as that and also recently added a box where you put in some info when applying to merchants like what site you want to promote them on. The other networks should adapt that method.

Shareasale - you can easily pick which is your main website and switch it whenever you want and list additional sites if you so choose.
    One thing I don't like, is that since I am using the SAS datafeeds on additional sites, when I tried to change where to redirect the invalid links it won't let me, so I had to let any invalid link redirect to my main website index on were about more than 90% of the content there won't be related to the product pages from were that redirect came from.

But that's ok for now...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread