I am new to Commission Junction and wonder if you can help me
    Hello. I just found this great site after two days of trying to figure out how to use Commission Junction. My question is this: I have a simple website and went to the advertisers to get code for my website. Do I get Java or HTML? Also, when I get the code the number in the code is NOT my Commission Junction ID number that was given to me. It is another one. Do I need to change that number or what? how do they know it is my account? Thanks so mucy for any help. I cannot find these answers on the CJ site at all so just lost.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Hey Susananne, welcome to ABW.

I prefer the HTML code.

You have one master number for your overall account but you have a separate number for each web site you register with CJ. It's the website account number that appears in the links that CJ generates for you.

HTH.

Thank you Rhea, So that number in the code is my website number. I did not know that. Do you think that CJ is a good place to use? I tried them once before but was so confused about everything that pretty much gave up and they closed my account. I really want to make a few bucks with it this time so trying to really get it down pat. I thank you for your quick response, Sue

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    You may want to look at ShareASale as well.

Thank you Seymour. I will check it out

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suesananne
    Do you think that CJ is a good place to use?
    If there's a merchant that you want to promote and they are only on CJ then yes, they are a great place to use. However I am a bit partial to Sharesale, but the network doesn't matter if you don't know how to drive traffic to your site.

Smile
    I think shareasale is a better learning ground than cj (and a better affiliate program all around unless maybe you are a mega gazillion product seller of course) -- BUT in the beginning if you don't sign into your cj account on a regular basis (weekly to be safe) your account will be shut off without any warning (take it from a newbie who learned the hard way) -- and if you have any sales from any working links they keep the proceeds. sneaky, very sneaky.

Your CJ PID is the important number in your links not your account number. get your PID number from your Account > Website Settings > PID

and it seems pretty clear: you need to learn fast about cloaking your affiliate links too.

something no one bothered to tell me early in the game. so that's my wealth of info -- cuz I am still very much on the learning curve.

i wish you well -- may the bounty of the universe find its way to you.

good luck!
    some of this stuff sucks

Suggetion for newcomer on CJ, Use Banner and Links to promote merchant products.
    If you feel has been get higher level have a good coding skill, try make site focused on niche product using CJ Webservices

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread