Linkshare link locator Direct service
    Has anyone successfully used these web services from LinkShare.
    From this document http://www.linkshare.com/mrc/LinkShareLLD_2.pdf it appears that one should be able to pull the promos/coupons/campaigns in an XML/REST/SOAP format.

However I cannot seem to know where to get the parameters for the functions.

e.g. getCreativeCampaigns requires campaign ID and i have not idea how to find it.

Any other API to aggregate coupons/promos to be consumed as an electronic feed rather than unstructure emails?

Linkshare link locator Direct service
    Hi ArianMan,
    I too have had problems with LInkShares LLD2 web services. I succuessfully deployed using LLD1 early last year. LLD2 was really pushed on my by their support person, but once I started moving development that way I was sorry I had. Support from them *completely* disappeared as of about 12/01/2007. I had to basically throw a [nice, calm, controlled] fit to get them to say that LLD2 was a supported product. Since then I reforwarded all my e-mails to the new address (which I had be CC'ing to anyway). That was, I believe more than a month ago. I have heard nothing from them since then - no support, no updated docs, nothing.

The campaignID was one of my first stumbling blocks. Being able to simply pick out our affiliate's names, home links and a few "deals" was all I needed in LLD1. Because of the campaignID (I think), this has become impossible. And I rarely use the word impossible.

I will say this: I have affiliates at CJ as well. The web services there, while far from perfect, are at least a platform you can develop against. Plan to take some time. They have their own online forum too. It's nice to be able to talk directly with people that are having the same issues as you, even if the CJ people don't ususally talk back.

All-in-all from my experience with web services on LinkShare and CJ, I'm surprised. I've been writing software for almost 20 years. 8 years ago I read my first article on web services using SOAP and web services had been implemented other ways long before that. This isn't new stuff. I think what is new is the affiliate co's trying to figure out how to tie their systems and business model in with the rest of the free world through their web services. But that's certainly no excuse - especially for bad support.

Your question stands though - has anyone successfully used LLD2? I am definitely interested, especially if anyone is willing to help us that are not so fortunate.

Thanks,
    Joe

Thanks Joe. May be someone from linkshare will care to respond.

I have the same problem here.There is hardly any documentation for Link Locator Direct.
    I sent them an email today.I hope they reply with something positive

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arianman
    Thanks Joe. May be someone from linkshare will care to respond.
    From what I have seen so far, not likely.

I have been going back and forth with LS support to try and figure out what the error message means I am getting. So far, no progress. I emailed back and asked to talk to the LS LinkLocator Direct developer/support person in the hopes that someone on their end has some knowledge of web services. No response yet. The emails keep referring me to the implementation guide, which on a good day is half ass and useless. If I wrote an implementation guide with so many details lacking at my current company, I would be out looking for a new job.

Has anyone had any luck with this? TS won't even tell me what the call methods are for the service and SOAP. They give me the same answer "read the documentation". I copied and pasted the "documentation" into one email to try to prove that the methods are in there. I know it's just the TS doesn't actually know how to use their own web services, but really...

It turns out that some of the documentation does show methods -- just not the copied I found on the linkshare site...

Very old thread.

I think someone from LS should respond here.

5 year old thread. Don't expect an answer.

Closed thread.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

10. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread