ABW Ambassador
    Split Thread - More TM Bidding Discussion
    Good points. Even tho I posted "TM bidding direct or to a landing page." My mind had products in there when I made that post.

+Merchant doesn't need affs to do this activity for them, they can either do it themselves or choose to not have ppc ads show for they domain name (they will be the first seo results).

That's actually the exact same point I gave to Scooter saying his service is not even needed and is just looking for gullible merchants:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...961#post794961

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    That's actually the exact same point I gave to Scooter saying his service is not even needed and is just looking for gullible merchants:
    Gullible, c'mon, you've got it out for him or something - and it shows badly and is a stain on you. He fully explains the details both on his site and in his consultation. He's posted about it here many, many times and you know it.

He simply offers to do it at half the cost of what the domain name bidding affiliates do it for. Yes, you can try to twist that into halfway robbing someone, but your kind has attacked him repeatedly and so he no longer comes here much, so you feel safe digging at him, you coward. It's not halfway robbing if the guy takes the time to explain the low value of this activity that he/she currently ALLOWS and offers to do it for half price IF they want to continue doing it.

The cases I can see where this may happen are merchants with spending limits, no knowledge at all of ppc, ppc account problems that prevent them from running it themselves, and many other such related issues.

And before you accuse him of finding complicit AMs or OPMs that want to shine their EPC and other program numbers, do keep in mind that what he offers chops what they CURRENTLY are doing by allowing it, in half. And that clever, questionable merchants can be their own affiliates and cover these keywords, incurring just the network fee.

So, with what he offers, the merchant saves money and not much else at all changes.

I do believe there would be very few merchants that would make this choice (his service), most would either halt it and easily cover it themselves or for many reasons (some not good) allow their current affs to have at it at their current full commission rates.

Your insistance that he seeks gullible folks out is a farce and you know it - explain to me how he could possibly market this service to somebody without also simultaneously telling them it's not worth paying affs the full price they're currently paying...

Explaining the current bidding on their name, and its value, is INHERENTLY tied into the value proposition of this service.

So keep on berating members and abusing your power as a moderator here, that's your right - but know that many here see right through your little self-righteous power trip, cloaked safely behind your hidden identity.

Perhaps you're a trademark poacher and don't like the truth that he tells about domain name bidding's value and you're therefore threatened by him as a competitor... none of us can know the truth, we don't know who you are or why you'd choose to discolor what members here do and practice.

Have fun in your little hiding place today - you can hurl barbs from there all you want, but not with impunity.

ABW Ambassador
    "Gullible, c'mon, "

Yeah, you just said it yourself above.

"+Merchant doesn't need affs to do this activity for them, they can either do it themselves or choose to not have ppc ads show for they domain name (they will be the first seo results)."

You are agreeing with me. Offering a service that's not even needed, only somebody gullible would fall for that.

This a little of topic but it you want, we can discuss this again in a new thread. I would have no problem with it. Because like I said, we actually agree on this topic.

"So, with what he offers, the merchant saves money and not much else at all changes."

Um, no. Half commission is indeed less than full commission. But 0 is less than half. They could just straight up disallow it.

"but your kind has attacked him repeatedly and so he no longer comes here much, so you feel safe digging at him, you coward. "

Did you even actually read the thread? He was in the thread, I was in the thread saying the same thing. He left.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Gullible means they fall for false pitches.

Gullible = naive and easily deceived or tricked.

So we do not agree. You are painting what he does as trickery. We do agree it is of low value - not "no value", but certainly "low value", arguably even "very low value" (but it does still save them loads of money). But that's VERY different than accusing him of trickery or deceipt in this, a path I can't follow you down. His site and many posts here talk openly and honestly about the value of domain name bidding, and you know it.

ABW Ambassador
    I said I think merchants are gullible in paying for something they don't need to. That's my opinion and

"+Merchant doesn't need affs to do this activity for them, they can either do it themselves or choose to not have ppc ads show for they domain name (they will be the first seo results)."

How's that not agreeing?

"choose to not have ppc ads show for they domain name (they will be the first seo results)." That's 0

Half commisson > 0

And on a side note in your post #2, don't try to add in things I didn't say. Use quotes, these things " " when referencing me. I quote you without any problem, you can do the same.
    Last edited by Trust; March 28th, 2008 at 02:25 PM.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If you want to talk about cutting out stupidity, and a bucket load of unearned or low fruit commissions, then concentrate on why any idiot merchant needs anyone doing TradeMark/Domain URL ++ coupon PPC. The idiot merchant can post the coupon offers on their front page (SERP position #1 for Domain/Trademark + coupon) and also be in top Positions for same protected keywords in the sponsor area.

I imagine the guy doing 1/2 price trademark PPC for merchants gets some takers knowing even they'd go broke paying for clicks when their conversion ratio sucks big time...
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

hmmm ok, You guys evidently have a disagreement here and don't know all of what's involved in it. Trust is a big guy and can fend for himself but.....think somebody shoulda counted to 10. People should be able to have their differences of opinions without getting attacked. Trust is not a coward.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread