Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Yes it's true, all those years squandered at my desk, daring Carpal Tunnel to strike, have finally paid off.

A personal representative of Congressman Tom Delay - I believe the technical term is 'telemarketer' - called me at work today, offering me a chance to join Mr. DeLay's Business Advisory Council as an honorary chairman - technical term, 'Sucker' - to participate in important business discussions and to allow my name to be attached to campaigns related to important business issues in my area. I wonder how much THAT would have cost me??? Their website made a point of mentioning several million dollars in expenses that needed to be funded by the 'honorary chairmen'.

I mean, jeeeeze, if they want to use my name to push products, shouldn't they be paying me??? I'm sure Tom Cruise would have gotten a little envelope or two, why not me? I mean, I'm successful too - they said so.

At least it was a different approach than the Widow of a Nigerian Admiral trying to dump 25 million in my lap, who needs THAT pressure?

For a good laugh about this particular scam, search on 'business abvisory board tom delay', they've approached quite a few people who decided they needed to write about the experience.

Oh, p.s., and no, I'm not starting up a political commentary, just never been approached by a stupid political fund raising group trying to squeeze me for money like that.

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

Hate to brag but they called ME months ago! LOL

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread