Seller Neg Protection??
    Flash! More Feedback protections for sellers
    eBay announces some important new measures to help protect sellers from negative Feedback.
    A Message From Lorrie Norrington – Updates for Sellers

Am I missing something here? This "protection" looks a little thin.

Hey, a new home for eBay Affs!
    A little echoey in here. Hmm, maybe a few pictures on the wall...

X

Sounds like ebay wants to micromanage everything at this point for sellers feedback protection. That isn't going to work and cost ebay more in the long run with having to personally interfere each instance.

I knew I should have never let my Powerseller status drop. I now could have had free PayPal protection on unconfirmed addresses also. Arrrgh. Been busy on other things though. I might have to see what inventory I have remaining and get listing again.

(just an FYI on the Powerseller stuff too...when my wife lost her job last fall, I enrolled our family under the Powerseller short-term health coverage and the price was amazing. I know of many people that pay more than that rate as a deduction out of their pay each month. The company was Assurant Health if anyone wants to check them out.)

As for the rest of the seller news (feedback protection), there really is no news that I can see. Just some stuff made to look like improvements. I really hope they consider doing more to protect the sellers (and just don't do it for the PS, like in the case of the PP-unconfirmed addresses coverage.)

-sfcom

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Sounds like ebay wants to micromanage everything at this point for sellers feedback protection. That isn't going to work and cost ebay more in the long run with having to personally interfere each instance.
    Yes, that was my first thought too.

As a result of our conversations with many of you, we are adding two Feedback policy changes to be rolled out in May to better protect sellers from this kind of behavior. First, while threatening to use negative Feedback to force an unfair deal is both extremely rare and grounds for permanent buyer suspension, we recognize it has happened in the past and will be tried in the future. If you experience this sort of behavior, please report this to eBay by using Contact Us from this page.

When we identify a pattern of abuse, or the evidence is clear from your report, we will remove the negative or neutral feedback — retroactively. But, we can't identify those patterns without your help and reporting. This is a call to action for every seller.

Are they serious? I don't even know where to start.

"extremely rare"??? No.

Ebay has responded to 3 out of every 5 emails I've ever sent them with autoresponder 'bots that don't even acknowledge the contents of the email I sent. So now they want to police feedback? That's just pure silliness!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread