Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    http://www.affiliatesummit.com/agenda.shtml

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What You Need to Know about ParasiteWare
    Shawn Schwegman, Overstock.com, Vice President of Sales and Marketing.

A brief discussion on the changing landscape of ParasiteWare, and how it affects merchants, affiliates, and affiliate networks. We'll discuss how ParasiteWare has changed over the last year, as well as a list of items you need to watch out for. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he going to discus the importance of the 60 days and we are parasite free BS? or what? Shawn hasn't got a clue --- Good luck Schwegman .... I'll be there ...

BTW, it is ParasiteWare(TM)!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    Could be interesting.

Also speaking is:

Affiliate Program Makeover
    Andy Rodriguez, TigerDirect.com, Online Advertising / Affiliate Program Manager
    How I took an under performing affiliate program that was booking $80,000 a month in transactions to over 1 MM in under 12 months. We'll discuss communicating and using affiliate feedback to guide, grow and solve your affiliates program woes.

Jim

Could be interesting.

Also speaking is:

How I took an under performing affiliate program that was booking $80,000 a month in transactions to over 1 MM in under 12 months. We'll discuss communicating and using affiliate feedback to guide, grow and solve your affiliates program woes.

Yes it does. Wonder who he is going to talk about?

Not professional.

Also, it doesn't seem anybody "trademarked" parasiteware, yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    Shawn hasn't got a clue --- Good luck Schwegman .... I'll be there ...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's wrong with you Haiko?

A lot of your posts in the past few weeks were mmmh ... unprofessional.

You operate this forum where Professionals and Individuals communicate.

Especially the professionals expect some professionalism from you... the Operator.

You also make quite some money by operating it (merchant forums, mailers, banners etc.) so you can not say, that ABW is just a nice Hobby.

If you are personally pissed off about things, create a fake/dummy user pretending to be an affiliate to let the steam off... if you have to....

Carsten

If you can't move things, try harder!

Do you guys not remember that Shawn/OverStock lied and lead us on for over a year with all their parasite-free crap? I think Haiko's post is right on and funny. I only wish I could be there to personnally ask Shawn some questions.

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasonco12:
    Could be interesting.

Also speaking is:

Yes it does. Wonder who he is going to talk about?

I will be talking about the group that was responsible for the massive growth in our program and how all AM's should open communication with their affiliate partners....

Real simple stuff people, not brain surgery. It's called teamwork...been around for years...

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com

Parasite Free in 2003!

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haiko:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TM has been added.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

http://www.affiliatemanager.net - tools and resources for affiliate managers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamBay:
    Not professional.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SamBay - what is it that you consider to be not professional?

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    WTG Andy, wish I could be there. Actually, I wish I could send a couple AMs. The one from Art & Artifact comes to mind right now.

"Well, at least I got Terre Haute" - Steve Martin, "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by elbowcreek:
    WTG Andy, wish I could be there. Actually, I wish I could send a couple AMs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey elbowcreek - we'll have an affiliate program up shortly for the Affiliate Summit - we'd love to pay you some $ to help get affiliate managers there who need an education.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

"Unprofessional"? What the heck does that term mean? WHICH profession are you talking about when you use that stupid phrase. I am sure the hooker down the street has a different idea of what is professional conduct than your local religious leader.

I am getting sick of the use of that meaningless term when ever a person simply wants to say "Hey, that's not nice!"

I think Haiko's post is quite "professional" on a board that has always welcomed divergent and controversial opinions.

Whatever. All you posters sitting in judgment of what others should or shouldn't post within the guidelines of the rules need to get over yourselves.

What you don't seem to "get" about this board is that its entire populatity came about because of the strength of Haiko's personality. That's why ABW exists today. He may not always be right and sometimes he beomes rather extreem but he calls them as he sees them and is always honest. That's a big draw for this board. ABW is a heck of a lot more than the passing of affiliate and merchant information.

You want "professional"? Fine there are plenty of boards that have that but they don't have the robust enthusiasm of ABW. Ever consider why? Perhaps, it is BECAUSE ABW is "unprofessional".

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

[This message was edited by SSanf on July 17, 2003 at 10:49 AM.]

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Not a surprising choice of who to speak on parasiteware considering the sponsors IMO. Sheesh. Maybe Jeff can back Shawn up with some statistical data.

I was going to post in more detail, but it may not be considered professional. ROFLMAO!

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):
    Not a surprising choice of who to speak on parasiteware considering the sponsors IMO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BLFH - the sponsors have had no input on the speakers - anybody is free to submit a proposal to speak.

Shawn Collins
    ClubMom, Inc.

Totally true Andy, A lot of these AM of companies have no idea on how to get sales and really aren't that committed in helping affiliates make money, A weekly newsletter with a simple 10 links to products are not helpful. I have to agree affiliate support and feedback is the only way your going to generate success. I have been in this industry for 7 years or more with revenue going up and down frequently. sales are starting to get better and it's because of this board, If this board wasn't here I would be a la la and would of given up by now. But I do this because not only because of the money, But I find it enjoyable making pages of topics and products related to what I'm interested in!, I found a job which is not stressful, I can take a break or vacation and still get payed and excellent support from honest merchants and abw members who are real (mentors) Sure I might have to be patient on making money but I know the sales will come, it's like any other business, it's slow once in a while, then on busy days it increases. I can't find any other business that lets you make 3 times or more of how much you put in it. Actually there is no other business that allows it, which you can see your performance daily and then you can make required changes!

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, i've been to some other boards people called professional and And it seems a lot who don't think this board is professional always hang around it hmmm. I like a board with a little heart in it.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You want "professional"? Fine there are plenty of boards that have that but they don't have the robust enthusiasm of ABW. Ever consider why? Perhaps, it is BECAUSE ABW is "unprofessional".
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, those other boards can be an okay "break" when weary of flameage, but it's never long before the duldroms set in! They just don't seem to have much to say. Other places are like being on "best behavior" as a kid--after saying a few nicities there's just nothing left to do except sit there looking pleasant and trying not to fall asleep from boredom.

Plus, a lot of the best info is right here, for those willing to go through the posts to find it! At other places, I'd guess that more than half the facts about anything are never posted for fear of starting a flamewar. Not that I like flames, but sometimes it's like turning on the oven in 90 degree weather--something that must be done in order to get things cooked!

~Revenue is King

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> BLFH - the sponsors have had no input on the speakers - anybody is free to submit a proposal to speak.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant sponsors as in AffiliateSummit...guess I should have said organizers? Although Overstock is listed on the sponsors page.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

I don't see where people speaking their honest feelings, opinions, etc on a subject is unprofessional nor necessarily flaming. It's not unprofessional just because you may not agree with the viewpoint or because the truth isn't necessarily pretty......

Well said Leader and BLFH!

ABW is about honesty, discussion and making cash!

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    <TABLE BORDER=0 cellspacing=2 width=500><TR><TD> <FONT SIZE=1>EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! < </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=1>SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! < </TD></TR></TABLE>

Geez I like this topic, I agree, If a abw member is speaking there feelings on a issue, I wouldn't call it un-professional or flaming. I also have certain issues that I take serious. Such as parasiteware. I think this should be known as stealing or shop lifting and should be considered a crime. okay lets continue this thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also, it doesn't seem anybody "trademarked" parasiteware, yet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI - the TM shows intent to register, additionally no one can successfully register it as I have the date of first use.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Just exactly what *IS* professional, and what is not professional?

If being professional is respecting others right to their opinion, and not being rude, condescending, or insulting in your response or the language you use to respond to them, then I agree that that is something we should all strive for.

If being unprofessional is not agreeing with others, and telling them why you believe they are wrong, or confronting them in a public venue if you perceive they've done something wrong, then I disagree with that.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and at ABW everyone is entitled to express their opinion as long as it doesn't violate someone else's rights. Leader is correct that some of the other boards, under heavy moderation, are downright boring. Lots of lollipops and sunshine, but not a lot of substance. BLAH!

I like ABW and spend time at ABW because if it involves the affiliate marketing industry, it's here! You can't always say that about the other boards.

Andy

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ABW will always be my soapbox....
    Nothing really happens till the subject invokes a few flames.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn Collins - ClubMom:

SamBay - what is it that you consider to be not professional?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OKAY!

I just didn not find Hako's attidute, (puking at him or his speech) against a "former" business associate and one of first sponsors of this board. "professional".

Judging someone before they speak anything, and someone with whom you've tried to push the "brilliant" idea of exclusion list who also sponsored it. Anybody remember that?

So that's what I don't find it to be the right attitude.

Now, I like Haiko and have nothing against it. I also know what Shawn did to affiliates, maybe for his own career now that he's vice president, but that does not justify what Haiko posted, IN MY OPINION...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast