Question Hi and when is "Back to School" season
    Hi all,

I'm slightly experienced in aff marketing now, thought I'd say hi to all of you.

Just another new person :-)

I want to know when the "Back to School" season starts and ends in the US.

I Googled it but, the results are a little confusing to me.

Any info is appreciated.

In most places, it would be the beginning of August (start--continuing into the end of September.) Universities often have a break sometime in December and starting back early January. Students just entering classes during the 2nd part of the school year would be buying their school supplies during December. Hope this helps. Welcome to ABW.

-sfcom

Thank you, it does help.

Welcome to ABW! As sfcom noted, the August/September season is the start of the school year for universities on the semester system and then again the end of December/January.

You probably were confused because not all universities use the semester system. While it is the most usual, some universities use trimester or quarterly semesters as well. There can be a smaller lift in the end of April beginning of May for those using trimesters.
    Heather Boulding
    Affiliate Manager, AbeBooks.com
    hboulding{at} abebooks.com
    [t] 250.412.3247
    AbeBooks Affiliate Program

Welcome to ABW!! There was a short conversation about this late las year that might also help. It depends on what type of school (college, k-12, ect), and the region.

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ht=back+school

Best of luck!
    KK

Thanks for the welcome and the replies Heather and Kristin.

Back 2 School Season is longer than you think...
    I work at an outdoor gear store. We sell a ton of backpacks and our Back 2 School season is our busiest time of year. We have found that purchases for the school year really ramp up in mid to late July. The start of the school year depends on the school district and the age of students. Sales start to slow down in mid September. August is with out a doubt the peak month, but we have found it incredibly important for us to get big deliveries in early July so that we are prepared for the rush.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymountainmark
    I work at an outdoor gear store. We sell a ton of backpacks and our Back 2 School season is our busiest time of year. We have found that purchases for the school year really ramp up in mid to late July. The start of the school year depends on the school district and the age of students. Sales start to slow down in mid September. August is with out a doubt the peak month, but we have found it incredibly important for us to get big deliveries in early July so that we are prepared for the rush.
    Thanks rockymountainmark that's helpful.

Thumbs up
    Hi 25 Rockymountainmark hit the nail on the head. You'd be best to get a head start on promoting any back-to-school offers from mid summer onward. Would even say end of June would give you a great head start, esp. if you're working with SEO or PPC.

+ Reply to Thread