Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Home Marketplace/Walter Drake, et al ... GRRRRRR
    Unbelievable! When is enough, enough? I can't believe they are actually doing this yet again:

We're upgrading our systems!

We wanted to inform you that due to our systems being upgraded this week, our web sites ΒΏ Wdrake.com, EasyComforts.com, ExposuresOnline.com, TheHomeMarketplace.com and MilesKimball.com will be unavailable for a period of time beginning at 10 p.m. central time on Wednesday April 2nd. Our goal is to have the sites available early Thursday morning. We will notify you when the web sites are back up.

We will also be changing all of our product numbers resulting in changes to all of the links that go directly to an individual product. A new datafeed will be sent to LinkShare with all of the correct links for the individual products as soon as the sites are available. If you copy and paste individual product links, you will need to visit LinkShare after April 3rd to retrieve new links.

We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you
    Once again, we have to change out EVERY SINGLE link.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    those M..... F......*&%##@**&%^$%#@* B.......

AND at virtually the same time all eBay links have to be changed
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I just shot them a reply to their email:

Why can't you just edit the existing links for products at LinkShare to direct to the new product numbers instead of yet again create a lot of work for affiliates?

By my count this is the third time in a year I'm going to have to go through every product and swap out links:

1. You redesigned the sites December 2006/January 2007 which changed all the links and had required swapping all links.

2. You moved your programs from CJ to LinkShare and all links had to be swapped out.

3. Here we go again, you're redesigning the site again.

I don't see why you can't just edit the existing links at LinkShare so they go to the matching product pages.
    Needless to say, eBay is going to take priority over everything else, and they're just going to have to wait.

ABW Ambassador
    Why do you guys still promote this merchant? They are about as affiliate unfriendly as you get. Their links repeatedly don't work properly and they have a .208 day cookie. They are ONLY looking for free advertising on your site. It would seem to me that this would be the perfect opportunity to remove them from your site.

And yes, dealing with your Ebay links should absolutely take priority. That's a no brainer.

And another Linkshare managed merchant. YUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Why do you guys still promote this merchant?
    Because they pay a high commission rate for the type of product and their products sell really well. Also, suprisingly, based on how their affiliate program is run, they also have good customer service (based on my own purchases from them).
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Just received:

Our system upgrades have been postponed until today, April 3rd, at
    10pm. They will return online at approximately 4am tomorrow, April 4th.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.

The Home Marketplace Affiliate Team

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I have their emails blocked - glad you posted.

I have ONE item from Drake - it's popular and they are the only merchant who carries it

and ONE product from Kimball - same reasoning

what does a 0.208 cookie mean?

and what happened with ebay?

I've seen that mileskimble issued a payment for february earnings in the end of march already, but it doesn't show in my
    "affiliate payment history", anyone knows why? last time they issued a payment, a check was sent to me in that very same day....

Quote Originally Posted by paulwall
    what does a 0.208 cookie mean?

and what happened with ebay?

I've seen that mileskimble issued a payment for february earnings in the end of march already, but it doesn't show in my
    "affiliate payment history", anyone knows why? last time they issued a payment, a check was sent to me in that very same day....
    a .208 cookie last for a few hours, only.

eBay is leaving CJ and if you are an affiliate and wish to continue with most of their programs you have until the end of April to change links. However, some of their programs will stay with CJ.

Only a few hours? this is really lame.... I think we should do something to change this policy

Cool
    Only a few hours? this is really lame.... I think we should do something to change this policy
    oh, you can . . . it's called "voting with your feet."

companies that have very short cookies sometimes are exhibiting an "advertising mentality," getting their name seen is all they care about.

As expected, 4 am has come and gone and their sites are still off line.

(.208 cookie = 5 hours)

yeah.. still down!!! !@#$!@#!

and still....

sites are back up, yet they don't work properly, and what a surprise, the product codes at LS are still the same old ones.... useless

seeing that the websites look exactly the same, I don't understand what were they doing in the last 48 hours, besides screwing up everything... what kind of a programming team do they have there??

What a mess! First, of all, the product codes at LS still have not been updated, but worse yet, I just went to Walter Drake's site to see if a product was still there before looking for a replacement merchant.

I did a search for the product, and when I clicked on it, a screen comes up saying

We're sorry, product id 1011067 was not found.
    I did a few other searches, and it happens with every product.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    What a mess! First, of all, the product codes at LS still have not been updated, but worse yet, I just went to Walter Drake's site to see if a product was still there before looking for a replacement merchant.

I did a search for the product, and when I clicked on it, a screen comes up saying

I did a few other searches, and it happens with every product.
    This goes for both WDrake and Home Marketplace: You cannot use the search to find products. As you said, every one goes to that "not found" message.

The only way to get to indiviudal products is to use the catagory navigation. This will work to find the products that they currently have in stock, but they appear to have available about 1/2 the products they had before, and many do not have images, and of course it takes forever to find products this way.

I am only re-doing the products that I cannot find elsewhere.

(the section of ready-made product links has not been updated, and none of them work)

but the linkshare codes are still the old ones and would lead your visitors to a page error, so how would finding the products yourself could help?

but the linkshare codes are still the old ones and would lead your visitors to a page error, so how would finding the products yourself could help?
    The pre-made links are still the old ones and you thus cannot use them. If you use the linkbuilder to build your own links, and find products through the site navigation, then you can build workng links that will go to the product and not produce error pages or not founds.

Ok thanks, is tracking work propely for you with this method?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    except of course that their site's navigation isn't working yet, so getting a product link is a little difficult

Thay definately HAVE this baby bootie - 0000104265 - but you get zero products found when searching for it

(edited to add: on the walter drake site)

It always has in the past - I've been building LS product links with linkbuilder for many different merchants for about 7 years.

New WDrake and HomeMarketplace links I built yesterday just went live late last night, so I haven't had results yet with these new links, though.

by linkbuilder do you mean the "Individual Product Linking" for "advanced" users?
    I've went to a certain product, copied the url to the link bulider, yet when i generate the code, and test the LS link, it takes me to the homepage....

by linkbuilder do you mean the "Individual Product Linking" for "advanced" users?
    I've went to a certain product, copied the url to the link bulider, yet when i generate the code, and test the LS link, it takes me to the homepage....
    When you generated the code, did you see this message next to the code:

Note: Please allow up to an hour for the link you just created above to be updated into our database. Until it gets updated, the link will redirect to the home page instead of the product page.
    If it still does not work after awhile, then you may have done something wrong - such as using the url for the site as it appears in the LS frame (you have to open the frame in a new window and use that url).

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    except of course that their site's navigation isn't working yet, so getting a product link is a little difficult

Thay definately HAVE this baby bootie - 0000104265 - but you get zero products found when searching for it

(edited to add: on the walter drake site)
    The navigation is working, but without the search working, it's impossible to find a some producs, such as this one.

Among other things, I tried:

Personal Care & Apparel > Shoes, Slippers & Hosiery

and found ladies booties, but not what you're looking for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast