Angry My Experiences with Commission Junction - Avoid Like the Plague
    I wish to share with all my experiences with Commission Junction, in the hope that others will not be ripped off by these thieves.

The the three years I was a client of Commission Junction, there have been dozens of sales not properly reported. In my research online, I have found this to be a common experience. In fact, it is true that they have partnered with various link-stealing adware in order to swipe clickthrus and thus avoid paying commissions. I personally have documented several sales that I initiated myself, that did not appear in my account. When I finally began to inquire about these missing sales, CJ's response was to terminate my account, withholding owed commissions. This is the way these thieves operate. I would HIGHLY recommend that others stricly avoid this company. Not to mention, their parent, Valueclick, just entered into an agreement with the FTC in a record setting settlement for their dishonest practices.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think that is a typical experience with CJ.

They may have issues, some larger than other networks.

However, if you cannot work with CJ, you may be shutting the door to major merchants online with affiliate program and you will be limited in what you can do

Actually, it IS a typical experience with them as I have spoken with many other people who have shared the EXACT same experience. You can also do a wildcard search of them on the web and find many more. In the past, they have been investigated for stealing clicks by partnering with adware companies. They are low and sneaky.

ABW Ambassador
    "I personally have documented several sales that I initiated myself, that did not appear in my account."

You should have posted in the Test Purchase forum here. And for that to happen, you must have adware on your own computer. What kind of adware do you have on your computer?

wow what a first post

your skill in argument must only be topped by your web prowess.

if the link from adware had anything to do with it they would still have to pay a commission to those thieves. I'm not saying they are perfect, but i don't think you will offend anyone by leaving them.

do you have any documentation that you can validate what your saying...if so share it.

Quote Originally Posted by freejazz38
    When I finally began to inquire about these missing sales, CJ's response was to terminate my account, withholding owed commissions.
    Highly unlikely this was the reason your account was terminated. Have you considered your site was violating network T&C by any chance?

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, it IS a typical experience with them as I have spoken with many other people who have shared the EXACT same experience. You can also do a wildcard search of them on the web and find many more. In the past, they have been investigated for stealing clicks by partnering with adware companies. They are low and sneaky.

If you came here with 1st post to slam a network, it will do no good and no one here is that naive to fall into your rant. Many successful affiliates here use CJ among other networks. Learn and be helped if you are savvy.

Before pointing a finger at someone, notice that other four fingers of your hand are pointing at you. If you were terminated by CJ, it is most likely for some other reason than your reporting of non-tracking sales

Quote Originally Posted by redtagdeals
    Before pointing a finger at someone, notice that other four fingers of your hand are pointing at you. If you were terminated by CJ, it is most likely for some other reason than your reporting of non-tracking sales
    That's a good advise, but you have a typo there, the thumb don't count.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    In the past, they have been investigated for stealing clicks by partnering with adware companies.
    Well....

I would HIGHLY recommend that others stricly avoid this company.
    CJ is my primary network. Don't think I'm going be dumping them anytime soon based on your recommendation.

X

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    CJ has paid me a check every month for years. Some of those checks are pretty doggone small, but that's because I am selective in who I promote over there. You'll find there are some real donkeys in every network. Wish CJ did a better job at screening affiliates, though, I have not been impressed with them over the last year or two. But, a lot of it comes down to the merchant, and their professionalism/skill in the affiliate marketing arena.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread