Speculating. Will Other Advertisers Eventually be Using EPN?
    I'm in the middle of reading the terms and conditions/ Ebay partner network agreement. Looks to me like the language is indicating that perhaps there will be other advertisers using the network, or at least that they are leaving this open as a possibility.

(Or maybe I just have a hard time with "legaleze". It's early and I haven't had any caffeine yet.)

ABW Ambassador
    Amy, isn't it possible that Ebay will move more in the direction of the Amazon Marketplace moving forward? What's the potential for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Amy, isn't it possible that Ebay will move more in the direction of the Amazon Marketplace moving forward? What's the potential for that?
    Well, I don't know, but I think that ebay is trying to imitate amazon in a lot of other areas. Their recent feedback changes, for one. Also some other things they do. For example, on my buyer ID they started making the suggestions that I re-sell the stuff I bought using that ID- just like they do on amazon marketplace. (Which made me really mad by the way! Because with many products- original art, for example- that's an entirely different thing than when amazon makes the suggestion that you resell the book you bought and are probably finished reading.) So anyway, what you say makes sense and it wouldn't surprise me. I'd love to see what other people think.

Ebay IS NOT amazon, and I think it's a mistake for them to try to be amazon. But that's what they seem to be trying to do!

Also- ebay's "best match" search seems to be a move in the direction of imitating amazon too, in some ways.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amysolovay
    I'm in the middle of reading the terms and conditions/ Ebay partner network agreement. Looks to me like the language is indicating that perhaps there will be other advertisers using the network, or at least that they are leaving this open as a possibility.
    I was thinking the same thing, Amy. Entirely possible and probable.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I was wondering the same thing, but I guess they're just referring to the various ebay sites and half.com?

If they do it will just be more ebay variations (country sites) and ventures (half.com). The ebay affiliate program is one of the largest in the industry so it makes sense to have it's own in house program.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread