Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Where are the Linkshare Affiliate Managers
    Why is it impossible to get in touch directly with the affiliate managers, get a real name and phone number so we can discuss things with them instead of an email, which always seems to be signed by someone different, if we hear back at all. I don't have a clue who a majority of our linkshare affiliate managers are which is a little odd given we are suppose to be in a "partnership" with these merchants.

ABW Ambassador
    I totally understand and agree with your frustration; however, this is an industrywide problem (at least with the networks I'm affiliated with). It's not limited to Linkshare.

I even just called linkshare and the person I talked to told me that they had no such manager name for the Disney affiliate manager or direct email. Come on. What a bunch of hooey. I don't have nearly as many problems with other networks as I do Linkshare, and absolutley NONE with SAS.

ABW Ambassador
    Disney Shopping is a Linkshare managed program. It is the merchant's choice to have no contact with their affiliates. They pay Linkshare to handle that for them. It works the same way with many merchants at both CJ and Performics. I have been saying for years that this is a conflict of interest on the networks' part but that's one of the drawbacks of a non-regulated industry such as what we work in.

This is the kind of treatment we often get when the contact person has an email address of @[name of network].com.

Thanks for the clarification. Now I know one no one has got back to me to help with the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    Disney Shopping is a Linkshare managed program. It is the merchant's choice to have no contact with their affiliates. They pay Linkshare to handle that for them.
    Well, it seems as if Linkshare isn't effectively handling the management, if an affiliate can't get a response, and if Linkshare themselves don't know who to talk to...

ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare knows who to talk to. They just don't provide that info. to affiliates.

Linkshare clearly doesn't effectively handle the management of some of their programs. Here are just three examples whose discussions I've participated in:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=90703

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ighlight=Super

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ighlight=Super

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If you are interested in the Register.com program on LinkShare I am the OPM. chamrick @ affiliatecrew.com. 801-993-2240

ABW Ambassador
    Chuck, if you are the affiliate's contact for that program, wouldn't it be appropriate to list your email address instead of:

"You can e-mail us at affiliateprogram@register.com" on the merchant program detail page for register.com or does that email address re-direct to you?

There are several of us who work together on the program here at AffiliateCrew as well as Josh Krafchin at Register.com. I was providing my direct email and phone number.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    As Snowman mentioned, if it is a LS managed program, it will have an @linkshare.com domain. You might have a harder time contacting somebody there unless you are a big affiliate or on their radar.

That being said, there are quite a few OPM that works with Linkshare.
    -Affiliate Crew (Chuck Hamrick)
    -AMWSO (Chris Sanderson)
    -Partner Centric
    -etc

Merchants who are active that I know,
    Orbitz / cheap tickets
    Pingo
    Mondera
    etc

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    In my experience if you ask Linkshare they will tell you the contact information. It might take 2 emails but they'll let you know who to contact.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It looks like this thread is becoming a list of LS Merchants who do have accessible affiliate managers, and I can add that I've found Overstock, managed in house, and Mikasa, managed by Converseon, to have easy to reach and helpful ams and staff.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

If you get frustrated try a PM to one of us OPM's as the networks are doing a much better job supporting us. We can ask our contacts for help too!

Snowman?
    Snowman,
    I've been an affiliate for awhile and I've been lurking on a BestWeb to interact with other affiliates and merchants and hopefully learn a new trick or two. I've read through many posts here, and you, by far, seem to be the most bitter and negative person. If the affiliate world is so frustruating, why do you do it, and why should anyone else?

Sorry i missed out on this thread...
    Well I manage the In-house Mondera program on Linkshare. If you need any help or assistance feel free to email me harry [at] Mondera DOT com. Since I stay outside US, email tends to be much more easier.. and If you need me to call you just leave me your number and time to call. I shall do the needful

Also we do have a forum out here.. so you can directly get intouch with me here on ABW
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkaford
    Snowman,
    I've been an affiliate for awhile and I've been lurking on a BestWeb to interact with other affiliates and merchants and hopefully learn a new trick or two. I've read through many posts here, and you, by far, seem to be the most bitter and negative person. If the affiliate world is so frustruating, why do you do it, and why should anyone else?
    Well that's quite a first post. Snowman can defend himself, if he feels it necessary. For the record, I usually agree with Snowman.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I even just called linkshare and the person I talked to told me that they had no such manager name for the Disney affiliate manager or direct email.
    Hi Sunshiner

Drop me a PM with your email address , and I'm sure I'll be able to get the info you need.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread