Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    First Sale On New Network Thread
    This thread is to share the joy of getting your first sale on the new network I figure it'll take me a couple of hours to change everything out, so hopefully I can post again in this thread in the next couple of days.

LOL ... I was so excited for you. I thought you were reporting your first sale.

Well, FWIW, I'm seeing impressions and clicks. I doubt if commissions will be reported in anything approaching real time. It didn't happen with eBay/CJ, and that probably won't change, although I'd love to be proved wrong.

I've just been looking around the EPN site, and when I clicked on "Transaction Download," under Reports, It says:
    While summary reports are based on transaction dates, please note that Transaction Download reports are based on posting dates to ensure that transaction reports downloaded are final. Transactions are typically posted 1 day after the transaction date, but advertisers have the ability to post corrections with the same transaction date on a different posting date.
    So I think it is safe to say that we're not going to see any commissions reported until tomorrow.

One interesting note, I'm not sure what this means: "advertisers have the ability to post corrections." Is using advertiser in the plural, related to the fact the each country's program is run as a separate company, or does it indicate that eBay is planning to bring other advertisers on board in the future and compete as a network?

I think you're going to see other things they have an interest in on there eventually.... like shopping.com and rent.com.

I'm wondering about ACRUs. Those used to be reported by CJ closer to real time.

I see no reason the whole thing can't be in real-time or even up to an hour delay. Ebay is totally in control. No need to "batch" and upload things to another company's servers. If SAS can do it (for most) then there is no reason ebay can't.

Hey, yesterdays sales just posted. Sales reporting is a step backwards as near as I can tell. There are details missing. (Like commission amount on individual sales) Even the spreadsheets seem to be missing information.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

You can download the detail. It includes individual sales amounts, auction numbers, etc.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Sales posted. Worst sales day in over 2 years, if eBay's numbers are accurate.

Not good.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    You can download the detail. It includes individual sales amounts, auction numbers, etc.
    Near as I can tell, an ACRU in your transaction report (value = 1) means you got credit. No advanced lead information. You basically have to do the math yourself to work out commissions. e.g. 1 * $28.00, $2.89 * .35 etc.

The plus side, they have an API for downloading transaction reports.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by PolkSDA

Not good.
    Yesterday was roughly the same as Monday on CJ for me. The numbers look pretty accurate.

Well you only have about 36 hours of cookie at most. You usually have 168, it's going to look bad. The other 132 still belong to the old rover cookies (CJ).

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    Well you only have about 36 hours of cookie at most. You usually have 168, it's going to look bad. The other 132 still belong to the old rover cookies (CJ).
    Your right and it is an interesting experiment to see what affect the cookies have on revenue. I just took a quick peak and it appears that about 30% of my revenue on April 1st came from cookies set down before the 1st. I swapped links out about 1 AM on April 1st....

Everything is looking good at my end. Transactions posted and the numbers match up nicely.

Yeah, me too. Add 'em up and I'm right in the ballpark.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yeah. That 5% carrot sure doesn't make up for the cookie loss.

Yeah. That 5% carrot sure doesn't make up for the cookie loss.
    What cookie loss? It's either paying on CJ or ePN, I see no cookie loss unless I'm missing something.

Well, this brings up a good point I really hadn't considered. Cookie loss WILL affect people who wait until the very last minute to change out links (or people who have no choice because they are changing ten thousand links out as fast as they can across a hundred sites, and they only have a month to do it.) You're going to lose money if you still have CJ links up as of, what, April 24th or so?

Drewbert- does this mean you're in? (hopefully?)

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Everything is looking good at my end. Transactions posted and the numbers match up nicely.
    Nothing has posted for me I get impressions, clicks but NO conversions with eBay.es It's just impossible

Naked Gamer, what do you use - text-link or banner?

I use text links. Banners have been ineffective for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    I use text links. Banners have been ineffective for years now.
    Me too.

Do you use just the URL or the whole script copy & paste?

Well we have developed our own scripting and it generates standard text links at the users end. I don't like things that slow down the customers ability to buy or navigate, so I design things to run fast.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Quote Originally Posted by amysolovay
    Drewbert- does this mean you're in? (hopefully?)
    'fraid not.

Got an email from someone at eBay that said they're working on it but it'll take time.

Sounds like some einstein hard-coded it into the system so people from certain countries can't be added to the system, even manually :O

What a kerfuffle.

And yes, it will affect cookies. WIth the ACRU cookie bing 30 days, if we don't get let onto the system until (say) April 15th, and they close down their CJ system on the 30th, all those the were autorejected will lose 15 days of ACRU cookies.

Same with people that take their time switching over.

By rights, eBay should really leave the CJ system running another 30 days AFTER they stop people from using it, to let those ACRU cookies run out their time.

Right now, me and a bunch of others can only sit and wait and put up with the unsympathetic wankers on the eBay forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast