relationship with companies that have downloads we would end our
    relationships with most of our incentive partners, something that is not
    politically possible at this time. I personally don't think that these
    downloads account for a significant portion of our program's revenue,
    though.

:confused:

carneol

Carneol:

Are you saying this is an excerpt from an e-mail you received from a merchant? If so, I suggest you send their e-mail address to Mike & Charlie.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

I say post who the merchant is here on the board so we can each follow up on emails to them about our concerns.

I agree! I'll send a long letter....

I agree. I don't want to push a merchant that doesn't mind my commissions going to someone else.

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

ABW Ambassador
    yes it's an excerpt, and no I don't post his name. But I will say: he is well known here at abestweb.com.

They are familiar with ABW and sent an e-mail like that?

Well, I'd like to know why they "personally" don't think these downloads don't add significant revenue to their company.

First, shouldn't they know if they're adding significant revenue? Many companies have these fancy departments called "accounting departments" that actually track things like, oh, where the money comes from. So one can tell exactly where revenue is coming from instead of relying on "personal" hunches, which rarely translate into sound long-term growth strategies.

Second, if these downloads are not, as they personally assert, adding significant revenue, then why is it not "politicaly possible" to drop them? Merchants are free to drop low performers, or anyone else for that matter, practically at will. Politically possible? Are they running for office or running a business?

To casually brush off something like this is practically [insert voice of guy in "The Princess Bride" here] inconceivable, especially if a merchant has participated, or even just lurked, on these boards for more than a nanosecond.

Am I ranting? I think I am. I think I'll hit "Post Now" and think about this for a few more moments before my blood pressure hits four figures.

Karl Smith

[Edited by KARL, because he was too hyped up to pay attention to basic grammar in the first place]

ABW Ambassador
    I did not say that he knows abestweb.com. He is known here.......

Oh. OK. I will ratchet down my rhetoric a notch. But most of the points in the rant above still stand!

Karl Smith

Since you won't reveal who the merchant is, why don't you reply to the message and refer him to this thread?

Here's my message to the merchant:

Although I think that might be too good for him!

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I see it the same way as you, and for bringing it to the point I give you another excerpt of the same email:

....The problem is that the
    model is mostly fine except for certain offences but these offences are not
    enough to remove the companies from our program......

We were speaking especially on ebates.

:confused:

carneol

P.S.: Andy I did!

Andy:
    More like this ...

Karl Smith

My message to that merchant is:
    COME OUT OF HIDING YOU RASCAL SO WE CAN FLAY YOU!!

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Carneol,

How can any possible productive action be taken if the merchant is not known?

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Tell us so we can see if we have them and pull their butt of our sites!

Pretty pls?

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Since carneol invited the merchant to view this thread, maybe the merchant will "out" himself and explain his stance on this issue.

We'll see...

@phillyBurbs.com:

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    I'd be pretty upset if I was partnered w/ this merchant and I could have known because of this thread...please tell us who it is...

FreeCallz.com

ABW Ambassador
    My definitively last word is: it is one of the worst reversers on this board.
    I got aware of that merchant using parasites by the cj.com board.

carneol

P.S. Ms B. I have done action on him and explaind how BHOs work. Now I am waiting for his answer. If it is no satisfying answer I kick him.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well most of us probably have this worthless pure play advertiser's links on our sites if he was one of the CJ reversal champs. To fry his butt along with the hundreds of parasite friendly incent feeding advertisers would require the networks to BANN all forms of incent advertising. This won't happen as the networks and most AM's have a advertising mindset and sales are just a byproduct of mass exposure.

Allowing incent advertising to take over the pay-per-perfomance industry just brings out the thieves, con-men and "tricks for Clicks" crowd who seek was to get a commission without a site worthy of a shoppers visit.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carneol:
    My definitively last word is: it is one of the worst reversers on this board.
    I got aware of that merchant using parasites by the cj.com board.

carneol

P.S. Ms B. I have done action on him and explaind how BHOs work. Now I am waiting for his answer. If it is no satisfying answer I kick him.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carneol, I am glad that you will be kicking them off your site, but what about everyone else? If we don't know who they are, then this entire thread is a waste of time for us since the merchant will allow the parasites to continue stealing from us.

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

ABW Ambassador
    I keep you updated, and then I decide what I will do. But what I will say is that my experience with other merchants which I tried to educate on that thing is that they all think the same way. So if you find one of your merchants on the list then you can now decide yourself what to do.

carneol

You contacted the merchant and discussed how ebates affects other affiliates.

The merchant indicated that they are aware of ebates actions and that they will not be dropping them, therefore they are supporting, and are partnered with ebates.

Why are you still working with that merchant?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The other possibility is that carneol really works for this merchants direct competition and is seeking to get alot of distrust for his competition. Once he sees that enough people are paying attention to his thread he will name the merchant, who is probably innocent of his charges. This is an old corporate scheme. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly, but if and when the merchant is named it will be easy enough to determine what the truth is, whether or not they are partnered with parasites as carneol says they are, and if they are indeed one of the worst reversers on this board.

I notice you're new to ABW. Welcome!

FYI: People have also been known to sign up here at ABW with ulterior motives. And I often wonder about people who are new to the board when they choose to take a strong stance against another member right off the bat. Not the best way to start a relationship...

ABW Ambassador
    Andy I can prevent myself, but you spelled my thoughts. Thanks.

Sekular: I discussed and am still discussing that BHO and parasite issue with all my merchants. Often this discussion is of private nature, and of juristical nature. I do not know enough of the US laws and I don't want to be accused for making a stance on s.o. It is for me more important to convince a merchant than accuse him, and it is more important for me to announce the result here on this board. You can be shure, if this special merchant stays on his thoughts about BHOs and can not be convinced and the discussion with him has ended, I will tell his name on this board. BTW. it is as easy as it can be to go to ebates, see their list of merchants, with alle these coupons and rebates, and then if there is one of your merchants at ebates, to ask this merchant to allow you also to give rebates and coupons to your customers. This is always the startpoint for discussions with that merchant. It is the way I took to fight against parasites. And you, what have you done on that issue?

carneol

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread