Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    Widgets -> Editor Kit
    Little confused on the Editor Kit. In order to use the Editor Kit, you need to use your regular ebay userid/password? If you signup with the EPN, I don't understand why you would also need your ebay userid/password.

Quote Originally Posted by SeymourButts
    Little confused on the Editor Kit. In order to use the Editor Kit, you need to use your regular ebay userid/password? If you signup with the EPN, I don't understand why you would also need your ebay userid/password.
    Thought that was weird too, and then when I clicked 'learn more' it took me to the ebay partner network main page.

Don't remember if I had to do that with CJ links...vaguely remember I did. It gives you the chance to put your epn info later.

Yeah, I asked something like that myself. I don't get why it's that way, but it seems to be. Unless that's because one of the ways you earn as an ebay affiliate is when new ebay users sign up via your affiliate links. Maybe the figure if you're gonna make money from ebay you have to be an ebay seller/buyer? I dunno.

Of course, that explanation isn't really much of an explantion, is it? Because most merchants don't require you to buy from them to be an affiliate with them, do they?
    Last edited by writerguy; April 1st, 2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: To add last paragraph
    Generate more fake news.

It's always been that way. It was that way when the eBay program was at CJ. If you wanted to make Editor Kit links at the eBay site, you had to log into eBay to create them. In order to login to eBay, you had to have an eBay account, separate from you CJ account.

They do not require you to buy or sell anything. Just set up an eBay account with an eBay user name. The EPN program doesn't use user names, it uses email addresses for login.

I posted about this when the question was asked in the main EPN thread:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=69

Who knows why they did this? Probably so if something suspicious ended up out on the Internet, they could track who created the links in the Editor Kit by the user id.

I just logged out of my eBay account and then clicked the link to go to the Editor Kit.

It states (which I think has been there all along, even when CJ ran the program):
    To use eBay Editor Kit, you must have an eBay User ID.

To receive credit for activity generated from your Editor Kit, you must create your Editor Kit on the eBay site (e.g. eBay.com, eBay.co.uk) in which you joined the affiliate program.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread