Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tracking & Reporting
    Has anyone had success yet with the new EPN tracking & Reporting. How much delay? I'm showing all 0's so far.

I think I'm seeing the results of late yesterday's building a test link. But I'm seeing nothing from tests with the EK so far today.

Therefore, I have no proof the EK change I made is working.

ABW Ambassador
    I just switched out all my links a few hours ago and have reports for clicks for them already, so I'm seeing about a few hour delay. No sales yet but will post in the sale thread when I see one.

I'm seeing impressions and clicks from the sections of my site that I switched out before I went to sleep at 8:00 a.m. this morning.

One section has had 147 impressions and 21 clicks. I think the Editor Kit is generating impressions, which it didn't do over at CJ. I've only succeed in swapping out about 20% of my site so far. I'm using this as an opportunity to identify some other problems, so I'm not rushing through it.

Do we know if earnings are going to be posted in batches the following day like they were at CJ? Of course, that doesn't account for active registrations. Has anybody seen anything explaining how and the timing of earnings being posted?

Changed the majority of mine over about 9am this morning. Since then, >16,000 impressions, >300 clicks. $0.00. I assume there's a delay in commissions until after items are bought and paid for, so it may be a few days before we see anything here on the EPN side of things... pure conjecture on my part.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Something is definitely wrong. I switched over some heavy income sites and by now there should be commissions and conversions (at least 3 ACRUs as well) and nothing but clicks are showing in EPN.

I suspect all commissions are going to be posted the following day, very much the way Amazon does it.

ABW Ambassador
    I think it's pretty much what Tracy said. Where it'll update clicks after a few hours, sales and acrus probably posted the following day of the transaction. So they should start popping up tomorrow.

So reporting will be worse than CJ? That is going to suck.

ABW Ambassador
    Who knows, still the first day and I'm sure they've been slammed. Next few days we should have some idea how fast things will get reported.

At least on CJ ACRUs showed up within hours, not the next day. This will be a step backward IMO.

It's been over 1 day now, and I am still showing $0.00, with thousands of clicks reported between March 31 and April 2. Pretty disappointing, considering CJ updates multiple times per day.

Also - is it just me, or is the eBay partner site really slow? CJ is already painfully slow - I would hate for things to get even worse with the switch.

Others on the eBay message board are reporting that neither EPN or CJ are currently updating sales or ACRUs. It sounds like they're working through some issues.

Not the perfect transition that we would have all liked to have seen, but I'm more than willing to give them a few days (and I doubt they'll need that long) to work out some of the kinks, optimize performance, etc. Of all the programs I'm in, they've been the most proactive to make sure that tracking outages are identified, resolved, and posted properly.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Making me paranoid here. I really am mostly mystified about the whole CJ and now EPN tracking setup. Too accustomed to needing only one number, i.e., my member ID, in SAS.

I hope I got it right with the eBay/RSS script I'm using. It only required my CJ PID to work. I have created a Campaign for the script, and put the Campaign ID into the config.php file where the PID number was before.

So far, though I've tried 8 or 9 click throughs to eBay from one of the RSS script sites, my EPN dashboard Report is showing only 0.

It does show 2 click throughs from a test link I generated via the "Tools" section, and they both showed up the same day (March 31) I created that link.

So ... I remain uncertain and confused. But that's sort of the story of much of my online life right now -- uncertain and confused. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Jarrod just posted an outline as to tracking/reporting, timing wise, here.

In summary:

Overall, you can expect your clicks and impressions to post to the interface within approximately 3 hours. Actions will be posted daily in the afternoon of the day following the event. Please note that eBay Partner Network is based on Pacific Daylight Time and each days events will be based on this time zone.

Tuan
    [url="http://www.wholesaler.com"]Wholesaler.com[/url]

I don't see a problem.

The 31st, since it was premature, is more than likely going to be lumped with the 1st. I would think for accounting purposes they would do it that way. I would. Why have to do payments and accounting for March?

Today is the 2nd. It's 9:30 AM eBay time. No real problem yet, IMO.

Days to some of us is thousands of dollars in lost revenue (yea, tracking is NEVER affected bullcrap doesn't play with me). They should have expected huge rush to join and switchover as they are the ones that know how many affiliates they had and offered a 5% bonus on top of that.

It also was mentioned they tested this for "months" but if they did they did it on too small of a scale (that is apparent).

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Days to some of us is thousands of dollars in lost revenue (yea, tracking is NEVER affected bullcrap doesn't play with me). They should have expected huge rush to join and switchover as they are the ones that know how many affiliates they had and offered a 5% bonus on top of that.

It also was mentioned they tested this for "months" but if they did they did it on too small of a scale (that is apparent).
    Ebay has a history of rolling out inadequately tested stuff and then after the rollout using their paying customers as beta-testing guinea pigs. But, to be fair, ebay also does have a history of making good with affiliates when there are tracking issues- right?

AAaahhhhhh I just hope everything will go smoothly from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by TLE
    Jarrod just posted an outline as to tracking/reporting, timing wise, here.

In summary:

Overall, you can expect your clicks and impressions to post to the interface within approximately 3 hours. Actions will be posted daily in the afternoon of the day following the event. Please note that eBay Partner Network is based on Pacific Daylight Time and each days events will be based on this time zone.

Tuan
    Thanks for the info Tuan.

eBay from one of the RSS script sites

From what I understand you will have to add a "custom ID" to your RSS Feed URL -- explained in the last post here ...

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.js...=1207082193466

Unfortunately, they did not say Where to add it.

Anne

At the bottom of the "Advanced search", there is a section(see below). It appears to me that the RSS link will not work if you leave the "Customer ID" box blank. Not sure if it is a bug.

Affiliate Tracking Information ShowHide
    Adding affiliate tracking information generates RSS feeds that include affiliate tracking data. Learn more

Provider Choose Provider eBay Partner NetWorkMediaplex

Campagin ID
    Custom ID
    Help for Tracking and Payment

Days to some of us is thousands of dollars in lost revenue
    I understand that, but assuming that they're going to lump the 31st and 1st together, sales being posted isn't even really late yet. CJ has been posting eBay sales next afternoon for a long time. That's why I don't understand all the upset people, mostly on the eBay boards.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    I understand that, but assuming that they're going to lump the 31st and 1st together, sales being posted isn't even really late yet. CJ has been posting eBay sales next afternoon for a long time. That's why I don't understand all the upset people, mostly on the eBay boards.
    Ah, but we were hoping for better reporting and tracking. Now it seems that Ebay will credit all sales AND ACRUs the next day. At least we saw the ACRUs on CJ within hours of them happening.

I hope they improve the reporting in the long run and speed it up but we shall see.

In addition I can see why people are worried as it's a risk on our part in case their tracking ISN'T working and nobody has seen any results other than clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    The ACRUs on CJ post on the same-day, so when I make a change on CJ I can confirm within hours that there were no problems. I could have sworn that eBay promised better tracking and reporting on one of the info pages for the new network, but I can't find it at the moment.

The frustration is mostly due to a lack of communication on the part of eBay. They have a partner blog, their own forum, and this forum in which they could communicate with us, and they are doing a poor job. There are maybe 5 postings from eBay members on a site that potentially 100,000 people are trying to understand. If I were eBay, I would be posting FAQs and updates on the partner blog all day for the next few days.

The "lumping the 31st and 1st together" is an assumption that was made by people in this forum. Ebay could have easily clarified this in their single post regarding payment updates, but they didn't bother confirming or denying it. But given the fact that some people were converted before the 1st (beta testers), I see no reason to believe why those 2 days would be lumped together.

Also, they should have given us much more information about the new program ahead of time, including the delay in which ACRUs/sales are posted.

I wouldn't be frustrated at all if someone from eBay was doing a good job fielding questions and giving us updates, even if there was absolutely no info reported yet.

I see no reason to believe why those 2 days would be lumped together.
    Not having the expense of processing 50,000 or so additional payments on April 25 would be reason enough for me. If I were eBay, it would be a no-brainer. Affiliates can't really complain about it, since they opened early.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast