So Excited About Videos!
    I am just bursting at the seams tonight. I finally found a way to work videos into my reward site. I had been thinking about it for months and trying to find the way that would work best. I didn't want it to feel forced that every now and again we would have a product review or demonstration. So we started an entire videoblog with places for demos, announcements, reviews, etc. We even did a "live" drawing on it today to give away a Disney Cruise!

No one I talked to tonight was nearly as excited as I was, so I figured I would post with the people who "get" what it is like when you finally see something come together on your site.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

What get's me is when you work with people that should be in the know that still aren't in the know so you still need to come to abestweb to be with people in the know. lol Congrats on your success!

Sweet! Congrats!! At ASW08 that home repair dude talked about the positive effect videos have had on his site -- hope the same for you!

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Congrats on finally finding the recipe for the secret sauce!

It really is a great feeling. Here's to many, many more of those times for you and your site!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Congrats on making it all come together! It really is sweet when you brainstorm an idea, and it finally comes to life on your site.

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    I sat in the video session at Affiliate Summit in Vegas. Everyone keeps saying that video is going to be "the next big thing". It is wise to get in on video now. I am glad you found a way to incorporate it in to your site. They are fun to make if you enjoy doing it.
    [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Dina Riccobono[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
    [COLOR=Blue]MarketLeverage Marketing Manager
    Twitter: MarketLeverage / MLDina[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by OTProf
    Sweet! Congrats!! At ASW08 that home repair dude talked about the positive effect videos have had on his site -- hope the same for you!
    That session was the one that really pushed me over the edge to get moving on my ideas. And I am glad that I did because not only am I getting some new organic search traffic, but my members are loving the addition!

If anyone out there has been hesitant to give it a shot, I highly suggest it. And for those merchants who are already doing it, I will be looking for you.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Good for you Helpingmoms!

You're right to be excited! Video is a new online frontier that will get bigger and more important this year and beyond.

The success of Youtube should have given folks a hint of what was to come more than a year ago.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I bought a new HD camcorder as a result of that session and have been a video wannabe junkie since I have returned. Viddler rocks. Magnify .net has potential and I even loaded my first YouTube video to try things out.

Congrats Helping MomS on achieving your goal!

http and a telephoto
    I had lunch with Tim (AskTheBuilder is the site) after that session and he is wonderful to talk to. The people at our table were just listening to everything he had to say because it all made sense. Make videos about what you know, put them on your site and traffic will come

Glad you found a way to incorporate it! I have a new program coming where we plan to make videos (from slideshows) an integral part of the marketing campaign. Hopefully the Shareasale video encoding or what ever they are planning will be ready soon too
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Great news! I had my first sale today as a direct result of my videos. How do I know? Check out the comment:

# THERESA on 16 Apr 2008 at 6:39 pm
    Okay, if I just ordered $20.00 of nuts then I can testify to the fact that the video-blogging will do wonders for sales! LOL! Geez, I’ve never wanted a cashew more in my life.

YEA!! (BTW...It was for NutsOnTheNet, and it was my own super low tech video of my purchase a few weeks ago)

Thats AWSOME! Congrats.....you are motivating me to load my Pinnacle Studio thats been staring at me for many months!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Ahhh, video, sweet video. One of my emerging projects this year, totally unrelated to affiliate marketing or my consulting biz or PPC or my advertising / promoting of any kind (but I as many here know, I do video ads for my other biz's already). More diversity of income and reduced risk, gives me greater peace of mind and lets me deduct a lot more fun travel as well. I bask in your excitement for it helpingmoms, like a ginormous hot tub built for creative people having fun and recording it all. :-)

Helpingmoms, that's wonderful!

Keep playing with the medium and you'll soar to new heights. There's a reason TV blew radio out of the water. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Congrats HM! Hope you get more sales!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    There's a reason TV blew radio out of the water.
    I thought that was because video games hadn't been invented yet, so people were willing to settle...

That said, I may give this a try for a few of my more demo-friendly products.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader

I may give this a try for a few of my more demo-friendly products.
    Some products lend themselves beautifully to video - demonstrations of "how to" or how a product works are very effective if done right.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nice.. I have been looking at video as an alternate solution to help with conversion.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread