No way to actually communicate with eBay?
    As much as I disliked CJ, there at least was a mechanism whereby you could reach a human being (albeit usually several weeks after you attempted contact).

I've just been though the entire EPN web site, and cannot find any contact method whatsoever. The "Message Box" is one-way. You can only receive messages, not respond to or initiate communication.

Given eBay's longstanding history of ignoring all attempts at communication, I'm deeply concerned that we affiliates are now left with a black hole and no means to actually reach a human.

I predict occasional messages about "tracking is fine, don't worry" and "no problems anywhere", all the while sales are not converting and no one has any recourse.

This thing is NOT off to a good start.

Edit: Bonus - The Contact Us form hidden in the documentation is broken. Joy. Bliss. Suckage.
    Last edited by PolkSDA; April 2nd, 2008 at 11:01 AM.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

You can try emailing the pinks- look in the forums because I think you can find their email addresses there?? BUT be warned they have never once responded to my emails. Maybe they'll respond to yours, maybe not.

Also if it's a question that can be posted publicly, you might get an answer in the forums. Or not. They answer selectively it seems.

Also: you can go to live help (link is on the ebay.com home page, upper right hand corner). No guarantee that the person who answers will be able to help you, and you might have to wait to get through. Sometimes you get lucky though!

AND I used to sometimes actually get non-canned responses by emailing billcobb at ebay.com (although I am not sure if that will still work, haven't used it lately.)
    Last edited by Amy_S; April 2nd, 2008 at 11:32 AM. Reason: specifying which home page- NOT the epn home page

If you go into the "Help" tab on your EPN dashboard, click on "Users Manual," then click any of the topic links in the left-hand column, there will be a "Do You Have a Question on This Topic? Contact Us" link. That's give you a form you can put your info/question/whatever into and submit.

I haven't yet heard back for a real answer -- but I did get an email today (1 day after I submitted my question) telling me: "I've forwarded your email to the Network Quality team at eBay Partner Network. They will review your problem and get back to you in the next 3 business days."

Anyhow. I'll keep you posted on whether I actually am contacted from them. (To be honest -- I've already forgotten what the question was I asked. LOL!)
    Generate more fake news.

It's completely ****ed.

Any time I try to use that form, both in FireFox and MSIE, I get a "System is currently not available. Please try again in a few minutes." message.

Here's the wonky thing:

If I try to put in an actual message I get the error, but if I put in one single word like "Test", the email goes through.

eBay programmers strike again...
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Really? I'll bet there are a lot of issues just caused by their no doubt overloaded servers. I've not had any problems like that myself. Lucky I guess.
    Generate more fake news.

24 hours still no answer to my question.

Keep all characters that would need to be escaped (like $) out of the message and it should work.

They're working on fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    Keep all characters that would need to be escaped (like $) out of the message and it should work.

They're working on fixing it.
    And keep it short! Because I read that it is limited to a certain amount of characters (I think that was posted on the EPN blog? Can't remember exactly where, maybe the forums.) But, yeah, I think they are planning on fixing that too. Hopefully.

It was something like 4000 characters so that shouldn't be a problem. I think today was their target date for fixing it.

They seemed pretty responsive over on their in-house forums, to me. Plenty of responses to the various threads and issues. Problems are being resolved. Not the smoothest of rollouts, but not bad considering the massive number of affiliates. I wish every merchant (and network!) did such a good job.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread