Thank you PepperJam - I appreciate the chance!
    I actually am brand new to Pepperjamnetworks and am just starting to put up links for merchants on various site niches that make a match. I recently had an experience with Avantlink of actually being declined as an affiliate and am happy that you (like every other affiliate network I have ever worked with except Avantlink) approved me as an affiliate .

I see I just generated my first affiliate commission of $46.24 for BabyPhat.com through your network. I will do my best (though fishing season is around the corner) to generate many more commissions with you for myself, your network & your merchants in the near & distant future!

Thx once again for giving affiliates a chance and don't let mob mentality get you down. You have an impressive set-up/affiliate system and a base of top merchants to grow your business tremendously.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href="http://twitter.com/LarryWentz">Twitter.com/LarryWentz</a>

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar

You've got to be kidding me...

I'm on board with everything up until the mob mentality comment. Were you paying any attention at all?
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    You've got to be kidding me...

I'm on board with everything up until the mob mentality comment. Were you paying any attention at all?

LOL - Come on.... you know Pepperjam is getting punched a bit lately. I just wanted to honestly let them know that I appreciated the relationship.
    Larry Wentz

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wentzco
    LOL - Come on.... you know Pepperjam is getting punched a bit lately.
    Once again...were you even paying attention?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wentzco
    .... you know Pepperjam is getting punched a bit lately.
    Well deserved because of their attitude, attempted misdirection of all important inquiries, and overall devious manner.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Well, for one thing, they don't have a sponsored forum here anymore, so posting here for them to read is probably a waste of time - and since Kris said he's never coming back here, probably even moreso.

They got punched no more or less than any other network or merchant that refuses to answer questions about their business that affiliates need answers to.

If you appreciate the relationship, that's great - if you're making money with them, that's all well and good. Not everyone will want to do business with them though, and taking a shot at the community here was probably not the best thing you could have done.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    Not everyone will want to do business with them though, and taking a shot at the community here was probably not the best thing you could have done.

Yeah .. maybe the mob mentality wasn't the best words to use ... perhaps "affiliate network momentary punching bag" would have been a better description of the situation.
    Larry Wentz

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    I think your admiration is a bit premature, one sale does not pay the mortgage.

It's good that it happened, good luck with the merchant.

Two questions why did Avantlink turn you down?
    and did you follow up with them?

On your site link why don't you list all the affiliate networks, you list small companies but not all the big ones?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Larry you are so full of yourself it makes me want to . AvantLink was honest with you and you cried like a baby. Please pull your accounts out of my merchants as I have no time for a whiner with a poison pen!

That's some powerful Oleoresin Capsicum but don't worry it wears off ...

Pepper spray is an inflammatory. It causes immediate closing of the eyes, difficulty breathing, runny nose, and coughing. The duration of its effects depend on the strength of the spray but the average full effect lasts around thirty to forty-five minutes, with diminished effects lasting for hours.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Whoa. People can like and dislike any networks they want and people are free to agree/disagree. But you want him out of your programs because he likes one network you don't and because he was upset with not being let in one?

Why would you thank a network...? Or a merchant for that matter...? We get paid to promote stores & products. They should be thanking US for every sale.. and how about every impression & click that yields nothing? No one thanks me for the free advertising..

I have no idea how this PPJ thing got so big (again!) - maybe it's just that Kris showed up announcing how much better PPJ was than other networks. Who knows if it is (or isn't) - it would have been better to slip in quietly, and allow the presence to grow. I don't really see other networks participate here to that extent...

I view this forum as an opportunity to discuss issues & brainstorm with my fellow affiliates... and leave my direct merchant/network dealings at the door.

Does anyone really even like pepper on their jam?

ABW Ambassador
    "Why would you thank a network...?"

"I view this forum as an opportunity to discuss issues & brainstorm with my fellow affiliates... and leave my direct merchant/network dealings at the door."

As far as that, that falls under discussing issues and I could easily link to Thank You (Fill In Network) threads for the other networks as well. Direct dealings with merchants and networks, there's no shortage of threads on that.

I don't like PJ myself for many reasons but if other people do, then they do.

It seems he's a bit upset with not getting into Avantlink. Now I don't know the approval process. I like Avantlink overall as a network. But that doesn't mean that you have to agree 100% of the time. In this case, like I said, I don't know the approval process. I know based on what he's posted he got into all the other networks. I checked out a few sites he posted and they seem decent enough, some nice domain names. So I probably wouldn't be too happy either.

And this:
    "Please pull your accounts out of my merchants as I have no time for a whiner with a poison pen!"

To be honest with you is really no different to me than PJ trying to control the conversation. They leave when the questions get too tough, I've heard from other affiliates that they delete any negative posts on their blog and you're wanting an affiliate out of your program because they say something negative? If you're going to have your standards and beliefs, it should be across the board.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

17. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread