ABW Ambassador
    Got Sent Check instead of Direct Deposit?
    I just got a check from LS in my mail but they usually pay me direct deposit so that's strange? I logged into my account to see if I had accidentally changed my payment preference but that is showing direct deposit. I will now send them a support ticket....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    Oh, I don't like the sound of that. Please let us know what the outcome and/or explanation of that is.

Good luck on solving your mystery!

Lily

That happened to me recently... I've been stuck getting checks ever since.

To make things worse, I finally got it to allow me to initiate a random deposit (by changing my account number to one with a zero in front that would make LS think it was new). The interface started showing me the two boxes to enter the random deposits.

So I waited, and waited... then finally, the random deposits showed up. So I go to log in and enter them... and what do I find? The boxes have vanished (probably because 2-3 weeks had passed since I requested the random deposit), and I get to initiate the random deposit all over again.

If you hear something, let us know.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    I've checked here, and we are not seeing this reported as an issue by other publishers who are contacting us.

Please feel free to PM me or reach out to our support team (Email: R2R2@Support.Linkshare.com or
    via Phone Support - 888-880-8430 available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST (+1 646 654-6000 for affiliates outside the U.S.)) if you have any futher issues.

Ranae

ABW Ambassador
    I herd back from LS:

Did you by any chance edit any part of your legal entity information? If so, you need to restart the whole process because for any changes in either your legal entity information or your payment details, we need to verify your account by you encashing a check. This means when you change either your legal entity type, name or address, this affects your pay-to information. The system recognizes the change and ultimately resets your payment mode to check till a check has been encashed which would verify your legal entity.

In any case, please verify by checking your Payment Information and see whether the payment type chosen is check or direct deposit. You can send screenshots as well so that we can check it on our end as well.
    I wrote back:

Hello,
    the only thing I changed recently was my physical address as far as I know. I changed that a few weeks ago. It still says direct deposit as my payment preference. Can you please make sure it is working for direct deposit for future payments. This seems to be a bug in your system as it should not be reset to send checks out if I have direct deposit selected.
    It will be interesting to see if this is another unfixable bug like the one where if you create another website/profile it can not be deleted once you add a new one....
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

The only way I was able to fix this problem was to go in using the new interface, and add a zero to the beginning of my DD account number. At that point I got the initiate random deposit button. BUT, there is a bug with that too that I ran into.

If you click that button, you will get the same screen again. If you click the button a second time, you get the boxes to enter the random deposits. BUT since you clicked the button twice, you'll get four deposits. So only click the initiate deposit button one time.

Further, by the time those deposits hit, there is a high likelihood that the random deposit boxes will have disappeared anyway.

so I'm still trying to get DD going again.

Note that what triggered this for me was updating my address when I moved.

ABW Ambassador
    Work with LS to resolve this. It happened to me, and I think we finally figured out that it was because somehow the LinkShare UK network had been added to my list of participating networks. Once I unchecked the "Linkshare UK" box, I was able to access direct deposit again. I had to reinitiate direct deposit in my account, but at least it was available again!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread