Which DYSE programs should we delete?
    Are these the correct programs to delete under our DYSE program?

San Francisco Music Box

Instrument Pro

Is that it?

Possibly - Calendars.com

• DySE::SFMbox (SFMusicBox.com) is no longer available. Switch to DySE::NS (NetShops.com) and select either the "musicboxes" shop (MusicBoxes.com) or the "jewelryboxes" shop (JewelryBoxes.com).

• DySE::InstrumentPro (InstrumentPro.com) is still available but you must use the latest version that works with the CJ.com affiliate network. InstrumentPro.com moved their affiliate program from MYAP to CJ.com.

• DySE::Calendars (Calendars.com) will be upgraded very shortly since Calendars.com has moved their affiliate program from MYAP to both Performics.com and CJ.com. A new version of DySE::Calendars will be released shortly. Note that since the Calendars.com affiliate program is now 1-tier, a yearly license fee of $24.95/year will be charged to use the script.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Right now my make-ini file states:
    shop "netshops"

I added:
    shop "musicboxes"
    shop "jewelryboxes"

Is that correct? If so, how do I bring up the url to have it show just music boxes for instance?

No, that's not correct.

First, the shop "netshops" is a special shop that encompasses all the other shops. It lets you promote all the products as one super shop. So if you select the "netshops" shops, then you will get everything.

DySE::NS supports only one shop per installation. So only the last shop statement in the configuration file takes effect. You should have only one shop setting. If you want more than one shop, then you need to install multiple instances of DySE::NS and each would have its own configuration file with a different setting of the shops variable.

NetShops.com has two shops that offer music boxes; shop musicboxes (MusicBoxes.com), and shop jewelryboxes (JewelryBoxes.com). Check out those two shops and see which one you want to promote. Then set the shops variable to that shop. Or you can install DySE::NS twice and promote both shops.

See DySE::NS instllation documentation at:
    http://www.c3scripts.com/dyse-ns/docs.html#installation

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Installed a second shop - works great - do we use the same key or do we need a separate one for each store?

Use the same DySE::NS key in all your DySE::NS installations. Your one NetShops.com ID is used for all shops.

Note to other users: DySE::NS (and NetShops.com) is terrific in that it enables an affiliate to promote any of the possible 170+ merchants/shops of the NetShops.com affiliate network. And DySE::NS installs and works the same for all of them.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

David

Re: your mention of the Calendars.com script above, I would assume that it is based around Performics since I don't see any datafeeds on CJ - only banners and links. Your demo sites here also appear to be Performics based as well.

Only reason for asking is that I will need to sign up with Performics having never dealt with them before. Also, it would appear that MyAp is no longer tracking - this since the end of March.

If your new script is up and running, I wouldn't mind buying and beta testing before actual release.

Alan

CJ.com does offer datafeed subscription service. CJ.com charges one-time activation fee; but I think there's no charge if you make $10K sales in a month (I think that's the amount; check with CJ.com).

Otherwise, go with Performics.com; they do not charge for datafeeds. Just go to www.performics.com and signup with Calendars.com -- there's no special sub-affiliate signup link.

I will package and upload the updated DySE::Calendars and send out a Bulletin. Probably later tonight or tomorrow.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Thanks for that David

I for one have no intention of paying $200.00 for a datafeed. I have never done it in the past and don't intend starting now!

I can sign up with Performics but their payment system is US dollars check only. Being in the UK and knowing what UK banks charge + the lousy exchange rate, that is not such good news.

I might try a get the datafeed file directly from calendars.com if that is possible - worth a try after all since they have to build them in the first place. Not too sure how that would work out as far as embedded tracking is concerned though.

How will the new script work in respect of the datafeed - do I just upload to the server in it's native format and run the script as previously and will it be the same page URL's. Only ask as I have some 5500 pages indexed in Google for my Calendar site with a lot of those pages ranked quite highly.

Alan

I already asked Calendars.com to provide the datafeed to me. Calendars.com no longer provides the datafeed. They have handed off that functionality to CJ.com and to Performics.com.

The upgraded DySE::Calendars only works with the datafeed files from CJ.com and from Performics.com.

And I already asked CJ.com if they would permit me to redistribute the datafeed to my DySE::Calendars users and they said no (Calendars.com said they were okay with it if CJ was, but CJ wasn't; oh well). FYI, to enforce the use of keys, when DySE::Calendars processes the datafeed it uses the ID specified in the key file regardless of whatever ID is in the datafeed.

Perhaps ask CJ.com if they will waive the fee for you, or ask Calendars.com to talk to CJ.com to waive the fee for you. Or perhaps Performics.com offers direct bank deposit, thus saving you cheque fees.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Since you have already tried with calendars.com, I guess it is probably a waste of time me trying again. However, I may just act a little 'naive' and email them asking where I can get the feed from. Will let you know the outcome, if any.

I will apply to Performics in the meantime. The good thing with CJ is that they pay out by direct bank transfer and in UK pounds as well.

The US dollars are not a big problem since I also have to get dollar checks from Amazon.com as well. I guess you must be in the same boat as well being in Canada. I normally just wait until I have a few $ checks together and pay them all in at once. The bank processing fee is the same whether I pay in one or a hundred checks/money orders.

Alan

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread