Affiliate Manager felipe.cortelezzi's Avatar
    Test campaign with HydraNetwork, how it works?
    Hello,

I am about to set up a test campaign with HydraNetwork.

Have someone worked with them before? any personal experience you'd like to share?

Thank you!

--
    Felipe Cortelezzi
    Affiliate Manager

http and a telephoto
    Do a search here, you will find lots of info about Hydra and other similar networks.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

As an advertiser? Definitely let us know how that works for you. Here my opinion of CPA Networks. I would be interested in hearing how close it is to reality.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    As an affiliate, I would seriously avoid any merchant who is merely "testing" a network and who is not committed to a long-term program with that network. I'm not about to take the time and effort to promote a merchant if they are only "testing" the waters and may jump ship in a few months, (or weeks). I have never even looked at Hydra as far as I can remember, but this applies to any network. Merchants have suggested similar "testing" with CJ, SAS, etc., and my reaction is the same.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I think that testing and learning from mistakes and/or good choices is the only way to grow and to know what's best for you (or not), if you don't test you will never know if any given network fits good with the products you want to sell.

When I talk about testing campaign I'm not talking about a few days only, it will be more time. And during those days/months of campaign I will constantly hear my affiliates' needs to serve them better and to provide them with the tools they need.

I've always liked Hydranetwork and do well with them in a couple of niches as an affiliate. I know they have a large affiliate base to work with including many email affiliates. If I'm not mistaken - I see other networks resell offers from Hydranetwork as well so you "may" be actually having your offer available in other networks at the same time. Ask them about that as I'm not positive on it.
    Larry Wentz
    <a href="http://twitter.com/LarryWentz">Twitter.com/LarryWentz</a>

wentzco. Yes they actually told me about promoting my campaign in other networks. I will keep you posted about this!

Hi felipe,
    Often times, we'll work with other networks (like Hydra) to help us get some add'l distribution with our own in-house offers, and vice versa.

It's a win/win for advertisers, as they potentially would only need to work with one or two strategically-sized affiliate networks, who in turn have access to literally hundreds of other affiliate networks and their respective affiliates.

A lot of affiliates out there are members of multiple affiliate networks, which is a smart thing for affiliates to do! But, there are also many affiliates out there that will only run offers from one or two affiliate networks. This happens for a variety of reasons - maybe the affiliate doesn't have enough time to search through dozens of networks' offers; maybe something just as simple as having a solid rapport with an affiliate manager...

We've been fortunate enough to have developed many of these 'exclusive' publisher relationships over the years. I'm certain Hydra has many of their own 'exclusive' affiliates like we do that you can tap into. Hydra's affiliate managers are top-notch, their staff really knows their stuff about internet marketing, and we've been happy working with them, distributing offers between their network and ours for several years.
    Last edited by erickb2006; April 18th, 2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: had a typo!
    Erick Bright | Publisher Manager | MarketLeverage, LLC
    Phone: 407.268.7641 | email: erick[at]marketleverage[dot]com

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I understand that many here don't care or or feel they can't take an ethical stance against bad networks or don't fully understand the realities of what these sub-affiliate CPA networks are doing to our industry, but everyone should know that in working with them, you are entering / joining a den of adware thieves.

http://www.affiliatefairplay.com/con...act_study.html

Hey Filipe,

I've used Hydra Network before and have had varied results. I would chose some of the lower paying campaigns with easier actions such as Zip only or email only. It's just so hard to get users to go through all the work of a fulll blown purchase or extended registration page. It just doesn't usually work out unless you have very relevant content.

On another note, I just started using Viralytics Media who is somewhat of a Hybrid between CPM and CPA. Their eCPM has been higher than any other network I have been using thus far. Maybe they will drop off and disappoint, but so far so good.

Thank you for your reply twitter, I will keep your recommendations on mind.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread