Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Link Building for Datafeeds - Article
    Yesterday we added a new category on our network blog @ AvantShare called Best Practices...

I thought some may be interested in the first article in this series called "Link Building for Datafeeds" ..although the article is focused for link building around our Web Service Datafeed Client, the same techniques can be applied to any product catalog or datafeed, as long as the link structure doesn't change.

Gary M

Thanks, Gary. I'm really convinced more than ever that I need to wrap my head around good ways to use your Web Service Datafeed Client and the stuff in that article helps.

I've mentioned in previous threads that I seem to be particularly "dense" as to how to make your datafeed dynamic work and look right on my sites. This probably isn't the place for that, but I believe I just figured out one of my problems -- the huge string of CSS variables you have in the template confuses me. So I guess I just need to get on the ball and learn more about reading, understanding, and using CSS.

But I wonder -- am I the only one with that problem?
    Generate more fake news.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy

But I wonder -- am I the only one with that problem?
    God no Gary! I am probably wway more clueless - *smoke and mirrors* best describes how I do it. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rexanne, in a very real way, your comment is a great encouragement to me! It's already been the sort of day for me which demonstrates just how clueless I am. LOL!

So, I take hope, knowing there are people making this whole affiliate marketing thing -- datafeeds and all! -- work, and they're clueless people just like ME. Hooray!
    Generate more fake news.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Rexanne, in a very real way, your comment is a great encouragement to me! It's already been the sort of day for me which demonstrates just how clueless I am. LOL!

So, I take hope, knowing there are people making this whole affiliate marketing thing -- datafeeds and all! -- work, and they're clueless people just like ME. Hooray!
    Ya know, I went through such a huge learning curve just to get where I am now and I know I have o do it again if I want to stay serious about A.M. - Makes me sick - I don't have the brain power any more to absorb a bunch of technical crap. UGH - But, we just have to keep our minds open and learn what is necessary to get around the things that are important. I don't have a clue about data feeds but pop shops, SAS MakeAPage and Avantlink's product showcase all make it easy enough with simple copy/paste. Otherwise, I'd give up. LOL

I was surprised to find out that a lot of other successful affiliates also use Front Page and don't know much more than I do about coding or tech issues - We all have our strengths and weaknesses. You and I can write words - some people can write code - Concentrate on your strong points and use tools that make the coding stuff easy or you'll go crazy.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Rexanne, Gary, Check your PMs

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread