Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    266
    ARA Master Watchmaker
    I haven't posted here for about a year. I apologize for not being very active as far as an affiliate manager goes, but we have been re-inventing ourselves by immersing ourselves into the production of our new watches. Even though we have not been here, we still had a few sales go through us over the past year and we have always been on auto-deposit, maintaing a good record of online status. We were offline twice for the fist time in the last month and a half because our auto-deposit wasn't set high enough when a few large sales went through.


    I am not here to spam the board, but rather to inform my affiliates that we have reduced commissions from 10% to 7%.....Our average watch sale is about $500 so I hope it doesn't hurt too much. I also realized, that a number of people were trying to get FTP access over the past year...I did not ignore you, but for some reason these emails got filtered out by my host provider. Anyways, we have alot of restructuring to do and the datafeed needs to be completely overhauled so FTP will be re-introduced at a later date.

    Your feedback is welcome.

    Thanks,
    Richard Lupu
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

  2. #2
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    I know nothing about you or your program, other that what I see in your post, but the red just doesn't jive with the bold. I also see 7-day and 30-day epc both at 0.

    Quote Originally Posted by master_watchmaker
    I haven't posted here for about a year. I apologize for not being very active as far as an affiliate manager goes, but we have been re-inventing ourselves by immersing ourselves into the production of our new watches. Even though we have not been here, we still had a few sales go through us over the past year and we have always been on auto-deposit, maintaing a good record of online status. We were offline twice for the fist time in the last month and a half because our auto-deposit wasn't set high enough when a few large sales went through.


    I am not here to spam the board, but rather to inform my affiliates that we have reduced commissions from 10% to 7%.....Our average watch sale is about $500 so I hope it doesn't hurt too much. I also realized, that a number of people were trying to get FTP access over the past year...I did not ignore you, but for some reason these emails got filtered out by my host provider. Anyways, we have alot of restructuring to do and the datafeed needs to be completely overhauled so FTP will be re-introduced at a later date.

    Your feedback is welcome.

    Thanks,
    Richard Lupu

    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    Diver Watches and Collectibes! Great Promotions! Dedicated to affiliates!
    What plans do you have that would convince me to join your program?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  3. #3
    notary sojac Herb ΤΏΤ¬'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Central/Western NY State
    Posts
    7,741
    Question
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    I know nothing about you or your program, other that what I see in your post, but the red just doesn't jive with the bold. I also see 7-day and 30-day epc both at 0.

    What plans do you have that would convince me to join your program?
    also:

    Richard, some new tools have appeared that would help us show your inventory, especially if you get and keep the datafeed up to date. Please check with PopShops.com.

  4. #4
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    266
    Check the Stats Tomorrow.
    Today I had two sales over $500 by two different affiliates. My sales with Sharealsale as I mentioned over the past year have been very sporadic and I haven't focused on the program other than keeping my autodeposit up to date. We basically have been working on our watch projects this past year and mainly sold our older models.

    That bold red you see will be changed with pictures of our new watches in the next few days. People have ordered already because they have been following my user forum. Basically that bold red is up as general information, because I have had a lot of people on a waiting list over the past year.

    What Plans? Quality diver watches for men and women that has been engineered by a master watchmaker and you would not find that kind of price on a watch of that quality anywhere.

    Cheers,
    Richard
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

  5. #5
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    Quote Originally Posted by master_watchmaker
    What Plans? Quality diver watches for men and women that has been engineered by a master watchmaker and you would not find that kind of price on a watch of that quality anywhere.

    Cheers,
    Richard
    1. The red I referred to was the Dedicated to affiliates! statement in your signature.

    2. By plans, I was referring not to your products, which I would take as a given are quality products worth promoting, but rather to what plans do you have to properly run and improve your affiliate program, especialy in light of the errors you listed that have been made in the recent past?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  6. #6
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    266
    Red face Fair Questions Deserving of Answers
    I have always been online since 2004 except for a few hours mentioned above. I have increased my auto-deposit amount so if a number of large sales go through like today within a few minutes of one another, I should still be online.

    I have been active as far as answering emails go (Direct emails have come to me - Just the ones requesting FTP access has been filtered out), and addressing any concerns. I have fixed my email filter. I meant that I have not been around here like I have in the past. I can always be reached. I have been working on products that will be more effective for affiliate sales.

    As far as the Data-Feed goes - Once I take care of the pictures on the site for our main Watches - The ARA Divers...I will update the feed. I am also going to filter out some of the non selling items and offer only top of the line products. The site has been successful on its own, but I believe it could be better with more affiliates. I have a few affiliates that do cash in larger commissions, especially when they make a watch sale.

    As far as "Dedicated to Affiliates" go---I have always believed that auto-deposit is one of the most important ways to prove that.

    That bold red which you complained about was made in 2005...I forgot it was even there. I will take it off. Didn't mean to insult you.
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

  7. #7
    Beachy Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2005
    Posts
    8,266
    I believe what AffiliateHound was referring to is your announcement of a 30% reduction in commissions to affiliates juxtaposed with your statement of being "Dedicated to affiliates!" appearing in your signature.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

  8. #8
    Full Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    266
    Another Fair Question
    We spent about a year in re-construction and spent tremendous capital into our new watch projects with little cash flow coming in. We were out of our older watch models for quite some time. We are now just recovering and trying to get back on our feet. We would rather keep our affiliate program alive rather than discontinue it. Today two affiliates made over $35 a sale, and we hope that we can continue to grow our affiliate program. If our affiliate program and business continues to grow, we will increase it once again.

    I know Share-A-Sale merchants often come and go---I have managed to stay and would like to continue to stay...
    ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    www.masterwatchmaker.net

  9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Free Shipping at ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    By master_watchmaker in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 8th, 2005, 12:04 AM
  2. ARA Master Watchmaker & Sons
    By master_watchmaker in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 13th, 2005, 11:37 AM
  3. Updated datafeed! Categorized! Master Watchmaker
    By master_watchmaker in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 30th, 2004, 06:28 PM
  4. Watchmaker
    By master_watchmaker in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 10th, 2004, 09:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •