Thumbs down Application not accepted.
    I received this e-mail after registering in eBay Partner Network
    to migrate my codes from www.cj.com :
    "Thank you for applying to the eBay Partner Network. Unfortunately, we cannot accept your application at this time. If you have questions regarding this process, please contact eBay Partner Network customer support.

Thank you,"

Does anyone know if this is because I live out of USA ?, I received no answer from the customer support until now. I've been promoting ebay with cj.com in the last four years, and it would be a hard work to eliminate all those links in my site.

I also receive this email 1 hour after I signup to their affiliate program and I also live outside US.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    yes, they are auto-rejecting us.

Quote Originally Posted by argentine
    Does anyone know if this is because I live out of USA ?,
    Nope. They took only a few minutes to approve my application. They even approved me for their programs which were declined in CJ.
    IRS
    Don't ask why the ball doesn't come.

So you were lucky, I've been reading in forums of Argentina and Venezuela that other affiliates received the same automated response a few minutes later declining their applications. I even applied with another e-mail, for e-bay Spain , but the anwser in Spanish was the same. If I try to register again, I can't because they say my e-mail is already in use. I hope people on ebay is reading this forum to solve these problems, or to explain why are we are not approved.

Straight from Jarrod fo those auto rejected...

There are different sets of rules for accepting affiliates to the eBay Partner Network and to each program we support which are designed to make sure we accept the affiliates that have the best chances of success. If you (or anyone else reading here) already have a partnership with eBay or Half.com either directly or through the Commission Junction program, please let us know by clicking "Contact Us" in the Help section https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/f...n-US/help.html and providing your CID and PIDs in your note.

We'll re-evaluate your application, but as the current rules differ from the ones used by Commission Junction your application may still be declined. We understand that the rules may impact some of our applicants, but we need to have them in place so that the network and its programs function properly.

Thanks
    Jarrod

Unhappy Bye Bye ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    Straight from Jarrod fo those auto rejected...

There are different sets of rules for accepting affiliates to the eBay Partner Network and to each program we support which are designed to make sure we accept the affiliates that have the best chances of success. If you (or anyone else reading here) already have a partnership with eBay or Half.com either directly or through the Commission Junction program, please let us know by clicking "Contact Us" in the Help section https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/f...n-US/help.html and providing your CID and PIDs in your note.

We'll re-evaluate your application, but as the current rules differ from the ones used by Commission Junction your application may still be declined. We understand that the rules may impact some of our applicants, but we need to have them in place so that the network and its programs function properly.

Thanks
    Jarrod
    Unfortunately I received today this message: "Thank you for your email. I'm sorry to hear that your application was
    rejected.

I am regret to say, but we have re-evaluated your application and
    concluded that we could not accept you at this time. We are sorry for
    the inconvenience, and wish you the best for your other endeavors.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards, ... "

So, all I have to say is Bye Bye ebay, and thank you for the payments you provided me these four years.

It looks like E-bay is turning out worse than CJ. At least when I applied for E-bay via CJ I got nonsense form e-mail replies. I haven't gotten a single reply from them.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    eBay's autorejection of loyal affiliates form certain countries makes me think of the disclaimer that runs before the Daily Show - something about things "not being fully thought through".

A PR disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by tansks
    I also receive this email 1 hour after I signup to their affiliate program and I also live outside US.

i also applied and got rejected almost automatically. maybe it's because i live outside the US.

Quote Originally Posted by rjcharley
    i also applied and got rejected almost automatically. maybe it's because i live outside the US.
    yes, they seem to be auto-rejecting anyone who lives in the Americas south of the United States. (and probably other countries too)

They don't care what language or languages your websites are in. They don't care if you live off of your affiliate earnings. They don't care where your websites are hosted either.

It seems that they don't even care if you were earning commissions with their program when they were with CJ.

I finally got an e-mail reply. They don't admit or deny anything. They just say that you don't meet their criteria for success whatever that may be.

Can't you just open a US bank account, set country to USA, and keep on going?

Quote Originally Posted by -CJAFF-
    Can't you just open a US bank account, set country to USA, and keep on going?
    Ebay doesn't care where our bank accounts are located either.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Well, I think they do actually, bank account has to be in same country as affiliate, I think.

Which makes it twice as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Well, I think they do actually, bank account has to be in same country as affiliate, I think.

Which makes it twice as bad.
    Well, I guess I should say that Ebay ONLY cares about the country we live in, not the other stuff.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread