Thread: Images links broken for TysToyBox

ABW Ambassador
    Images links broken for TysToyBox
    Major problem going on with TysToyBox - Thumbnail images are not loading. Most if not all thumbnail image urls are broken in the datafeed.

I've e-mailed Yvonne to report the problem.

Outsourced Program Manager
    [SAS] TysToyBox.com: Thumbnail Images
    Hello Everyone:

Thanks to affiliates who have informed us of this problem. TysToyBox.com has been made aware of it and they are currently working on the data feed. I will keep you posted on all updates - we apologize for the inconvenience.

Take Care,
    Yvonne
    Suluta Affiliate Manager
    E: Yvonne@suluta.com

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Yvonne - Sorry to be a pest but any word on when or how long before this problem is corrected? My sites look just horrible with all these missing images.

Hi,

My apologies to everyone for the delay. TysToyBox.com is still working on this problem - they hope to have it resolved by the end of this week, if not sooner. I do promise to keep you posted as I get updates.

My apologies, once again, to everyone for the inconvenience.

Take Care,
    Yvonne

Hello Everyone:

Just wanted to give you an update. I was informed today that developers are still working on this problem - but it is taking longer than anticipated. Please know that this is a priority and that they hope to have this resolved soon.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or if I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Take Care,
    Yvonne

Hello Everyone:

An update:

Unfortunately the problem has not yet been resolved. Ty's Toy Box developers are working on this issue.

TysToyBox.com does not use "static" thumbnail images on their own site - rather they take their large image and just render it as a thumbnail image. Unfortunately, they found out this process doesn't work for affiliates .... so, they are having to build thumbnail images for each product. This large project is one of their highest priorities and their development team and graphics team are working to get things fixed.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or if I can be of assistance, please let me know. We will continue to keep you posted.

Take Care,
    Yvonne

The pages where I have Ty's featured are horrible without the images. Over 2 weeks is too long, not sure how much longer I can wait. I need to update pages.

What is the time frame they are giving?
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Hi,

We understand your concern and apologize for the inconvenience. They thought they had the problem resolved, but unfortunately not so. I spoke with them today and I did ask for a time frame. As soon as I get any news, I will post the information.

Take Care,
    Yvonne

ABW Ambassador
    Yvonne - I know this type of stuff is probably beyond your control but this is taking way too long. Like Mellie said, my pages look horrible.

To be honest, I kind of expected this to happen. Why? Because in January, I reported a problem that many of the Gund items had been removed from the datafeed even though they were still available. I reported the problem to you and was assured several times that the Ty's developers were working on it. To this day the problem is still not fixed and the datafeed hasn't been updated since 1/15/08.

I really hope this isn't a repeat performance.

Again Yvonne, I understand that you can't do much about this issue. That the developers have to correct the problem.

Hi,

Thanks so much for understanding my limitations as far as this problem is concerned. Please know that I regularly follow-up on this issue and do hope this is resolved soon. When I get an update, I immediately post and will continue to do so.

Again, we thank you for being so patient. We understand that this is an inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Yvonne

Hello Everyone:

Please know that we are in constant communication with TTB, and they have stated that this is their #1 issue to be resolved with their programmers.

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    Yvonne

To avoid being torched, I will reserve my opinion of this fiasco. For those of you that may be using the Make a Page tool there is a simple work around.
    Use a text editor like notepad to search and delete the .[130x130] from the image url and add the width and height tags for the size of image you would like, keeping the width to height ratio the same such as width=150 height=150. After doing this some images still will not come up. That is because they are named incorrectly. Those that still do not come up change the .JPG to .jpg and they will come up. At least this works for me. Hope it will help.

After the developers get their act together and issue a new datafeed, you may have to redo the pages again.

Gene
    TCS

[SAS] TysToyBox.com: We have a datafeed.
    Hello Everyone:

We have a data feed and it has been uploaded. We still have some products without an image, but the vast majority have them (some of the custom apparel do not have them). If you are still having any issues, please let us know. Our sincere apology for the inconvenience and delay. My understanding is that many things had to be sorted out and fixed in this process. We will continue to update you.

Thank you for your understanding. Have a wonderful week!

Sincerely,
    Yvonne

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Yvonne - Thanks for the update. SAS is still showing the last update as 1/15/08 so I don't think the new feed has taken affect yet. I went to check because the same images are still missing so hopefully the new feed will be available soon through SAS.

There are still no images on everything I checked. I will be redoing these pages by end of the week. If the images issue has not been resolved I will unfortunately have to make a switch.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy

Hello Mellie,

I believe the issue is resolved, our datafeed is currently queued to be updated. I will post when it is complete.
    Best Regards,

Jon Nunez | President | AffiliateManager.com
    P: (682) 478-5882 | F: (407) 650-2820 |E: jon@affiliatemanager.com
    2013 Pinnacle Awards Affiliate Manager of the Year | LinkedIn
    Managed Programs | Request a Quote | Referral Program

[SAS] TysToyBox.com: Datafeed Uploaded
    Hi Everyone:

Thanks so much for your patience. I am glad to let you know that the feed has been processed successfully. If you encounter any issues, please do let us know. And, just as a reminder, there are some images not yet available - mostly apparel.

Take Care,
    Yvonne

Thanks, I am seeing most images again.

Not meaning to be nit picky but I noticed that there is a big difference in the way make-a-page functions for Ty's. Prior to this new datafeed upload, we were able to select by character (or store like "The Doodlebops") under "primary search criteria". Not sure if it was under "merchant category" or "custom field" That was thru the customized version of make-a-page. It seems that even though a customized version is listed asbeing available it's not really customized.

Any chance of it returning? Pretty please. It does save us time and also helps to find new characters quickly & easily.
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Mellie,

Thanks for bringing this to their attention. With there being no specified categories or subcategories, it is difficult to build the pages needed. The only way I could find the products I needed was to use the keyword criteria search terms.

Yvonne,
    Please bring back the customized make a page. AS it stands now, the supposed customized page maker is the same as the none customized.

Also, the thumbnail size would have been better set at 150x150 instead of 200x200.

Gene
    TCS

[SAS] TysToyBox.com: Datafeed
    Hi Mellie and Gene,

I forwarded your requests to TTB and we will keep you posted.

Take Care,
    Yvonne

Hello Mellie and thecool,

I just wanted to let you know I will be adding these categories to the feed tonight. I will post here once the update is complete, it should be no later then tommorow morning.
    Best Regards,

I have added the necessary categories, please let me know if the problem persists.
    Best Regards,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
    Melanie
    Affiliate Advocacy

Yes! Thank you so very much.

Gene
    TCS

Hello,

I am glad you are satisfied with the new feed. Moving forward, I have requested from the merchant that every feed sent to us will be in this format and have these categories available.
    Best Regards,

26. Newsletter Signup